We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Syrian rue surrealism to wear off? How long? Options

flyby
#1 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:03:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How long does it take for the after effects to wear off? its been about a week now since I took 2 grams and had a pretty bad freakout due to tremendous anxiety, things have a tendency to be surrealish, and sometimes things will look grainy. Has anyone has this problem? How long does it take to wear off?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:20:09 AM

I think if you relax you will find this to quickly vanish. If not, see a doctor about it. I personally notice no effects from syrian rue after 3 days maximum.

flyby
#3 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:26:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I took only 2 grams, though I consumed it straight, no tea, for 3 days my heart rate was up to 96, and blood pressure systolic was at 162, after three days it all returned to normal, I went to the doc, everything checked out normal. Everything still seems to be a little surreal at times, it SEEMS to be slowly wearing off.

PS, I am relaxed.

۩
#4 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:32:01 AM

Life is surreal. I am in a constant state of amazement, disbelief, and awe.

Were you on any medications 2 weeks prior to your 2 gram dose?

Maybe you are just sensitive to the harmala. All is well.

flyby
#5 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:42:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No, no meds, yes I must be sensitive to it or it was very potent.

Life is not surreal, life is real.

Red Eclipse
#6 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:47:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

flyby wrote:
Life is not surreal, life is real.

What is real ?

flyby
#7 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:53:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

what you see as you look at your laptop to post what you have just posted, the physical reality that we exist in, the obvious. Though there may be altercation to perceptual differences in reality, lets not make this a discussion of that, its blatantly obvious what I mean as to what real, as much as you want to dream, this is real, third dimensional reality, real is what you are perceiving right now, its not that difficult.

Syrian rue has to seemed to construe my perceptions of what IS real, into a somewhat surrealness. If anyone has experienced this, please post, I am curious as to how long it takes to wear off.

ms_manic_minxx
#8 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:36:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an extreme situation, but I think it might be worth sharing. I had a bad time last summer where I decided to start supplementing with melatonin. I went all-out, optimizing my diet and combining all sorts of consciousness-expansion techniques... and decided to take these whole food barley grass supplements for melatonin. Not to trip, just to power up my brain so that when I did take more trypramines, I could trip harder.

So, I took these little grass supplements... and I. TRIPPED. BALLS. Shocked

I tripped for three days, it was unexpected and completely agonizing. I had weird flashbacks to childhood and it definitely blew some things open in my head that...

I stopped smoking DMT and taking oral Mimosa for about a year. Only in the past month did I really start going full-out with the Mimosa again. It took a long time for me to integrate and I felt very prone to these dissolution-panic attacks.

There was nothing physically wrong with me. I think it was the combination of the panic combined with the deep experience (I actually took it twice and got stuck in a trip for three days... It just... left me needing a lot of time.

In the past year I've also had to be very careful, as I felt I could easily slip back into a panic attack if I smoked too much weed, or took too much DMT.

Don't push yourself, be patient and compassionate. You should definitely spend time GROUNDING--doing very basic things, spending time in nature, with the earth, take joy and relish the simple and mediocre things in life. Not every day has to be a chapter of Revelations.

I'm completely fine now, taking oral DMT weekly and smoking DMT without any problems. But sometimes perception can be shaken so deeply that you need to step back, and just respect it. Respect that you are having the experience. Respect that you were shaken. Nothing can take that away from you. Perception is a powerful thing.

-----But, if you do think weird things are happening in your body, that it is very literally physical and not perceptual, you may want to discontinue use and/or seek medical advice. Realizing the needs of the body is also part of staying grounded. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

MelCat
#9 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:40:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You only took 2 grams of raw rue seeds? Or 2 grams of extracted harmalas?

If you only took 2 grams of raw rue seeds, it should finish running it's course soon enough.

If you took 2 grams of extracted harmalas, then there is no telling for sure.

Eat some good food, get some good rest and maybe some light exercise. Nothing too strenuous though, like maybe a nice long walk.

I'm not sure to be sympathetic or jealous. It takes a LOT of rue for me to get any kind of surrealism and it definitely doesn't last that long.

I hope you feel better soon.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Ice
#10 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:00:13 PM
silently awaiting

Quote:
Syrian rue has to seemed to construe my perceptions of what IS real, into a somewhat surrealness

When we are growing up, we start to define life; we come up with all these clever ways to make sense of the absolute chaos that is reality. It is in our nature to make order out of this chaos; this is our perception. Psychedelics are a wrecking ball that will destroy your wall of perception. After you begin using them, your perception of this three dimensional reality begins to shift into a new light. After living for a while, you will begin to redefine what is causing your surrealism. Growth and change from these substances is natural. With time, the surrealism will fade, and you will be "real" again. But your new "real" will probably not look the same as it did.

I still have instances everyday when I am hit with how surreal all of this reality is. It helps me to keep a perspective on what is important.

Don't worry. Time will cure this. I feel like the anxiety that you are feeling from the surrealism is prolonging it. Just sit back and enjoy the beauty of life; you will soon forget the surrealism and everything will make sense again. Whatever that means to you. Because perception is subjective. Pleased
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.

tele
#11 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:11:35 PM
Explorer

If any drug has an after effect(the sort you don't want), I'd stay away from it. I see this as an MAOI thing, so does caapi vine also have this side effect? Changa or sublingual...

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:14:00 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

tele wrote:
If any drug has an after effect(the sort you don't want), I'd stay away from it. I see this as an MAOI thing, so does caapi vine also have this side effect? Changa or sublingual...

Neither caapi nor harmala contain MAOIs, they both contain RIMAs.

The effects reported are unlike anything I have ever experienced or heard reported from use of syrian rue seeds.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

jamie
#13 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^well, that statement is a bit misleading..they are RIMA's..but RIMA's are MAOI's in my opinion. "Reversable mono amine oxidase inhibitors"..

The distinction between what is an MAOI and what is a reversable MAOI should be made.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#14 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:50:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I once tripped for 2 weeks after drinking a brew with chaliponga..and not alot either. Every time I lay down I would leave my body and meet other intelligences etc..I would go off into the woods and hear voices of plants speaking to me. I was freaked out most of the time and would not even smoke weed. I dunno what it was about but I just shut up about it and concidered it some kind of cosmic awakening and went with it. It ended eventaully..sort of..

Personally, I think that harmalas might be able to activate something in the DNA..from my experience with them. Harmine has been shown to intercalate into the DNA iteself..which makes me think Dennis Mckenna's idea around hypercarbolation(while perhaps not entirely correct) might have some actual substance to them..You or I would nat have been the first people to experience this..Dennis Mckenna's famous account of what he went through at La Chorerra after doing his experiments with caapi and psilocybin seem to support the idea that this can happen with harmalas.

If you want more information look into Ananda Bosman. Check out his site aton432 or something like that..There is alot about rue and harmaline, harmine switching on all kinds of genes that produce effects long after they are consumed.

Weather or not the theory is supported by the mainstream is not my concern..my concern is that something does seem to be triggered by the consumption of harmalas at certain times.

Freaking out can also cause imprints to form..that you will continually fall back into until you somehow break the feedback loop. Eat well, rest..do things that comfort you and you enjoy doing..try to stay grounded and dont worry too much about it and give in to imprints from past trama..like difficult trips.
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#15 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:52:56 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

fractal enchantment wrote:
^well, that statement is a bit misleading..they are RIMA's..but RIMA's are MAOI's in my opinion. "Reversable mono amine oxidase inhibitors"..

The distinction between what is an MAOI and what is a reversable MAOI should be made.

Sure, it's like MAOI's are rectangles and RIMAs are squares...you can call an RIMA a MAOI but you lose important distinctions, namely the reversibility, but also the fact that it specifically targets MAO-A while leaving MAO-B unaffected, whereas many MAOIs inhibit both (some don't, but that's another matter).

Reversible inhibitors of monoamine oxidase A (RIMAs) are a class of drugs which selectively and reversibly inhibit the enzyme monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A).

The biggest issue is that food lists aren't really an issue with RIMAs, but medications can still interact negatively with them.

I guess the way it was worded "I see this as an MAOI thing" made me infer that it was being suggested that the effects were resulting from the non-reversible inhibition of MAO-A&B...didn't mean to mislead Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

tele
#16 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:32:41 PM
Explorer

So RIMA's then... Do they have any side effects after the drug wears off?

jamie
#17 Posted : 7/26/2011 9:10:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:

See my post above..harmine and harmaline both intercalate into the DNA..which is like a bond forming. Anything beyond that is theororetical but there are people like Anada Bosman and Dennis Mckenna who have put forth theories. I am not sure how Dennis Mckenna feels his idea's surrounding hypercarbolation these days, but Ananda Bosman seems to still be sticking to his ideas on harmine and harmaline(and pinoline) activating certain genes.

I dunno about THH..if it is concidered a true RIMA, or SSRI or both..but THH has been found to have side effects afterwords yes..there is an incease in seratonin receptor sites for one thing afterwords..THH is found in rue in low quantities or even not at all though so I dont know how relevant that is to the OP.

Again..remember these things(psychedelics) are associated with meta-programming..and imprinting..so negative or traumatic experiences can create imprints that can be triggered later on. This applies to both psychedelic and non psychedelic experiences. This can be seen as a sort of indirect side effect of traumatic psychedelic experiences that remain unadressed. If you dont work through that anxiety imprints just seem to become reinforced through feedback loops.
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#18 Posted : 7/26/2011 9:46:28 PM

omnia sunt communia!

tele wrote:

Not ime...other than prolonged feelings of wellbeing/security. During exams, when I was up late night studying, stressing or drinking coffee I would take 200-300mg oral harmalas (whether or not I smoked weed to help me go to sleep). When I'd wake up early in the morning (say 5am or so) I'd feel fully fortified to slog through whatever I had on my plate.

It was like the "shield" or "warm blanket" effects of the harmalas still lingered (most likely due to the decent half life of the alkaloids). There were no physical effects and the acute mental effects were gone... a residual state of well being lingered and can be carried on through daily dosing/microdosing.

Fractal, I don't know that I'd call serotonin upregulation a "side-effect"...it seems to be one of the acute effects of the substance according to some of the literature I've seen.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

flyby
#19 Posted : 7/28/2011 8:00:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There defintely seems to be some long lasting effects from syrian, the only thing that I can assume is that there is a long lasting maoi in the mix, the effects still are gradually wearing off and my anxiety has lowered. I can actually drink coffee now but i still take it really easy. Im surprised that no one here has had this problem as of yet.

MelCat
#20 Posted : 7/28/2011 8:10:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

flyby wrote:
There defintely seems to be some long lasting effects from syrian, the only thing that I can assume is that there is a long lasting maoi in the mix, the effects still are gradually wearing off and my anxiety has lowered. I can actually drink coffee now but i still take it really easy. Im surprised that no one here has had this problem as of yet.

I'm glad that things are getting back to normal for you. Hopefully you'll be back to baseline soon.

I still find it odd that it gave you such anxiety. I've been using extracted syrian rue alks not quite daily, but pretty frequently for the past few weeks as way to curb my anxiety. I can definitely see a difference for the better.

Maybe it was just some of the extra alks in the rue that caused such an adverse reaction.

Have you considered trying purified, extracted alks? If you follow the Tao of Rue Extraction tek, you can get some amazingly pure harmalas and it doesn't cost much at all.

Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

123NEXT»