We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Please allow me.. Options

tripkabouter
#1 Posted : 7/25/2011 2:00:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

.. to introduce myself Smile

Recently I extracted my first batch of DMT. Although I have not had any life altering experiences, this little chemical has been in my mind for a long long time. Starting with my first mushroom trip at the age of 16 I have tried quite a few psychedelics. DMT's world was among the weirdest, along with that of Salvia (both of which my breakthroughs were painly uncomfortable experiences, although they did make me feel good after it was all over).

Nature has been a fascination of me since I was a child. Just being there makes me feel good. I love to go mountainbiking or running (especially after vaping a little bit of weed) or tripping in the woods. I'm currently studying organic chemistry so I think (and hope) my knowledge will be valuable to other members.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 7/25/2011 3:30:41 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi tripkabouter,

Welcome to the Nexus and congratulations on your successful extraction.

I am sorry you found your salvia and DMT breakthroughs to be difficult. Many others have had that happen too. Though as far as I can determine, it seems more frequent with Salvia.

When you wrote that they were painly uncomfortable I presume you meant painfully. Please share only what you are comfortable with but I am curious if you were referring to physical pain/discomfort or psychological difficulties with the content of the trips . . . or both?

Again, welcome to the Nexus and kudos on pushing forward with a difficult but lucrative college major. You will not regret that in 2035, . . . . trust me on this. Very happy
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

tripkabouter
#3 Posted : 7/25/2011 4:35:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Pandora,

Thanks! I liked doing the extraction, especially improvising the stuff I usually have a lab for. When I saw crystals in the freezer this made me really happy Smile.

I guess I should have put it different: the DMT trips I've had weren't uncomfortable at all, but the two breakthroughs on salvia I've had were. DMT felt very... alien-like, whereas salvia made me become the object I was looking at.

Salvia always gives me a strange uncomfortable feeling like I'm pulled towards something. On sub-breakthrough doses this is just weird as I'm sitting in the same place yet feeling like turning around, but when I break through my ego dies and I become, for instance, the tree I'm looking at - but in the form of a strange fractal-vortex - and I have a feeling all my life has been this way and I kind of want to get out (maybe instinctive fear of becoming trapped?).

DMT on the other hand, for me has a body high that is comparable to MDMA. I cannot remember much of my breakthrough DMT trips as the world was so unfamiliar. Like a minute afterwards I could only remember a few vague pictures of what I saw. I smoked weed beforehand so that maybe also plays a role. Next time I do it I will meditate beforehand but I haven't had the balls to pick up the pipe Smile

۩
#4 Posted : 7/25/2011 6:21:14 PM

Since DMT is endogenous to our bodies it tends to feel better than any other drug ever IMHO. It's like overdriving yourself into the epitome of bliss, IMO. I wouldn't waste time trying to compare it to a plant like salvia at all..

Welcome to the DMT-Nexus, tripkaouter. Check out the link in my signature for tips on smoking these crazy crystals.

tripkabouter
#5 Posted : 7/26/2011 1:37:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes you are right, they are totally different psychedelics that can only be compared in intensity (and duration of course).

Took another dose today. Before I inhaled I meditated for about 5-10 minutes. It was hard concentrating as the thought of being in hyperspace distracted me, so I did not achieve a very concentrated state although it did make me calmer and more relaxed than before. I laid down in my bed, the room being dark and quiet and took my prepared machine-like pipe. Don't know about the dose as I don't have a milligram scale.
After inhaling the first hit my vision started to change. I held it for about 15 seconds but lost count I think. Took another hit and closed my eyes. Unfortunately, I can not remember much of the experience. I was away and forgot who I was and remember being in a place with strange patterns and I remember traveling in a strange world but almost no details at all... When I came back I felt kind of tired but was still tripping, the fear and loathing poster in my room was looking even stranger than it was before Smile.

I really want to explore the DMT realm but it's hard to do that if you can't remember your visits...

۩
#6 Posted : 7/26/2011 2:15:13 PM

Everyone seems to metabolize spacetime at different frequencies. What I mean is, not everyone is able to adjust to the rapid flow of hyperspace at first. Keep at it and over time you will find yourself remembering more.

Try ayahuasca by itself and with smoked DMT / changa on top of it. This helps slow hyperspace down for some people to grasp better.

nen888
#7 Posted : 7/27/2011 12:59:25 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..hi tripkabouterSmile , i'm sure your organic chemistry experience will be helpful..
..while i still swear by (plant extracted) dmt, i can only grow salvia d. now..i find it a very different dimension (& direction) to the tryptamines..
attempting to combine them years ago led to the conclusion they were incompatible (though i might mention that the salvia completely rearranged my
pristine dmt visions into its own surreal take on reality)..totally different receptors involved..

ps i think the key to dmt 'breakthrough' is in inhalation technique (i.e as much vapour as possible in first inhalation, held in as long as possible), which can
take some practice..