We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
And so he's back, from outer space... Options

LionDragon
#1 Posted : 7/24/2011 8:16:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

...I just walked in to find him here, with that glad look upon his face! Very happy

Greetings all! I come bearing stories and introductions:

So, SWIM decided to take the epic journey to infinity and beyond last night and boy was SWIM satisfied. The experience far exceeded SWIM's expectations in every way possible - visually, sensorially, and all-encompassingly. SWIM first learned of spice through the eager retellings of a certain ex-Man Show host's experiences. Although SWIM has since grown past the initial naivety towards the consequences of celebrity endorsement for such a substance, SWIM believes J.R. is merely overly excited and not a malicious man. SWIM since conducted roughly 2 years of independent research and denied a handful of opportunities out of concern for most comfortable setting before ascending into everything with experienced journeymen.

Last night SWIM met a wild LionDragon while SWIM's perspective rested within the center of an infinitely large diamond. The colors, shapes, and creatures concocted were impossible. Not to describe, although it would certainly be difficult, but to exist. Everything did everything and time vanished along with SWIM's body. The overwhelmingly powerful nature of the blast off was intimidating but overall the most thoroughly enjoyable journey SWIM has taken outside this world. Words barely suffice in skimming the surface of detailing the profound sensory downloads acquired. Later in the evening SWIM forwarded the remaining Divine Moments of Truth to a FOAF. This FOAF did not breach the barrier but claims to have seen extraordinary things.

In an effort to further explore and share SWIM is now reading up on several TEKs. The search for quality TEKs is what led SWIM to the Nexus, and SWIM is genuinely appreciative of the community in which opinions are openly and respectfully exchanged. The 13+ pages of debate on the sale of DMT in particular was very interesting to SWIM.

All that aside, this place is awesome, and so was that one! (According to SWIM, of course.) Wink

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 7/25/2011 12:16:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi and welcome LionDragon,

glad your experience was a good one. It's quite something, eh?
There's plenty of knowledge and helpful spirits here to assist you in your future endeavors and considerations, be it with respect to extractions, administration, or integration, the community will try to support you and your growth, while we, each member by itself, assist the community in its growth.... DMT and other psychedelics are powerful assets or aids that can be used for a multitude of things - from very positive and progressive to negative and destructive aims. Healing, growing, exploration, evolving, learning etc. are the ones we encourage here. Though of course it is almost impossible IMO to avoid negativity altogether throughout ones life and so of course this too will be explored in time...

Out there it is hard to talk about psychedelic use, so I find especially when one becomes involved with negativity it is important to be able to find some external source for reflection for ones actions so that one does not get unnecessarily stuck in self-defeating patterns. For this I find this community offers a great opportunity. And more of course Smile

I hope you enjoy, contribute to and gain from it/us as much as you can and need to. Cheers!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

LionDragon
#3 Posted : 9/17/2011 7:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A month and a half and plenty of reading later SWIM is finally ready to perform an extraction!

The vendor "mimosahostilis.mx" was very prompt, thorough, and professional. SWIM ordered 4 pounds of powdered MHRB from mimosahostilis.mx and it arrived in the US in less than two weeks with no customs issues. SWIM is now deciding which TEK to employ for the first extraction and will report back after its completion. Wish SWIM luck! Very happy

EDIT: Wow, Enoon! Thank you so much; I don't know how I never saw your response. Very well said, about negativity especially. I like to revel in all feelings and emotions including the darker ones. It sort of allows myself the full spectrum of living, for lack of a more eloquent explanation. Balance is key!

Hyperspace Fool
#4 Posted : 9/17/2011 8:51:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LionDragon wrote:
A month and a half and plenty of reading later SWIM is finally ready to perform an extraction!

The vendor "mimosahostilis.mx" was very prompt, thorough, and professional. SWIM ordered 4 pounds of powdered MHRB from mimosahostilis.mx and it arrived in the US in less than two weeks with no customs issues. SWIM is now deciding which TEK to employ for the first extraction and will report back after its completion. Wish SWIM luck! Very happy

EDIT: Wow, Enoon! Thank you so much; I don't know how I never saw your response. Very well said, about negativity especially. I like to revel in all feelings and emotions including the darker ones. It sort of allows myself the full spectrum of living, for lack of a more eloquent explanation. Balance is key!

Good luck LionDragon. Take it slowly.

You seem like a guy with a good head on his shoulders. No doubt you will succeed in your endeavors.

Be VERY careful about reveling in darker feelings and emotions in conjunction with spice. Like attracts like in Hyperspace (usually) and you DO NOT want to draw dark entities to your hyper parties. Be warned.

& be well...

[note: like the lyrix of your song choice, you WILL survive.]
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

LionDragon
#5 Posted : 9/20/2011 4:08:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, Hyperspace Fool! I just returned from my first trial journey and am ecstatic to report that everything went very well. Very happy

I used the STB method of extraction, this being my first time coupled with my desire to learn the process slowly and not ruin good quality root bark. Razz I started with Lazyman's TEK and finished with the freeze precipitation from Noman's. The first pull yielded a few spots of yellow waxy film after evaporating off the naphtha using a fan. I later came to realize through Noman's notes that fan evaporating turns DMT into DMT-oxide, which can be yellow and gooey. I let the bark soak an additional 18 hours before doing a subsequent (fresh) naphtha pull, leaving the yellow goo, and this is where I made my first goof.

[I have to note that at the moment of writing this my friend walked in from my bedroom and proclaimed "That was fucking crazy." It was his second trip and he said this experience was much more profound and "totally perception altering." I know I've digressed but I thought it was funny and kind of exciting. Smile]

I stirred the new naphtha into the basified solution consistently for 30 minutes and then without waiting tried to filter off the top layer, thinking it would surface almost instantaneously. It didn't, so I left the room thinking I had stirred it for too long and let it evaporate (severely flawed logic, looking back). I returned and added another 1.5 cups (~350 ml) of fresh naphtha to the bark soup and stirred for only 3 minutes, and that's when I noticed that the naphtha layer was almost a centimeter deep. I then pulled all ~700 ml into a glass baking pan and noticed it had a strong yellow tint. I let it evaporate for 2-3 hours before freeze precipitating and received a solid amount of crystal the next morning accompanied with the dreaded fats - tons of yellow/orange goop. So now I'm attempting a recrystalization with clean naphtha but I'm not exactly clear on how to completely separate the DMT from the goo. Or rather I don't think I'd be able to discern the point at which the goo no longer withholds the crystals I desire. Is there a way to tell or do you just follow the process to a T and hope for the best?

I'm sure I'll have more to say as I refine my knowledge of the process and familiarize myself with recrystalizing, but overall I'm thrilled with the results of just that one pull. After that first pull I had some pretty big doubts but most of my mistakes were rookie errors that essentially righted themselves. It's amazing how much performing the process teaches compared to reading the steps, but I digress again... No more tangents! I must sleep.

<3 to all! Very happy

Hyperspace Fool
#6 Posted : 9/20/2011 12:14:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you did pretty good for your first time. Experience is the only real teacher in life.

Don't worry about the yellow goo. N-Oxide is just as potent as the white stuff. It has a different character, and some people prefer it. It is said that the high n-oxide content of chacruna is responsible for that admixture's "more uplifting" aspects compared to jurema in relation to ayahuasca.

Don't discard any yellow goo. Just let it dry longer, and use it. If it is too gooey to store properly, add some ethanol to dissolve it and then infuse some herbs like caapi leaves for a nice changa stash.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha