We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MHRB cures urticaria on me!!! Options

moyshekapoyre
#1 Posted : 7/22/2011 8:56:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have had bad daily urticaria in my groin area my whole life, every summer.

I have tried everything OTC, including benadryl, calamime lotion, tea tree oil, astringents, moisturizers, benzocaine, every supplement imaginable, cortisone cream, and seemingly nothing has given much relief. So i went to the doctor last summer and got prescribed hydroxyzine and a powerful steroid cream. To be honest I have not even tried them for fear of the side effects listed... and there is a reason these things are not OTC. Hydroxyzine can only be taken at night because it puts you to sleep.

Anyway, somewhere I read about mimosa hostilis/tenuiflora rootbark powder for skin problems. It's actually called the tree of the skin. Well, hell, I already had it here so why not give it a shot... I was very skeptical, especially because it didn't provide instant relief. But about half an hour later I noticed no itching at all--and that lasted a whole day or two. The rash is disappearing slowly. I reapply a good big amount of the powder on my wet skin every few days when it gets itchy. Thank you, nature!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dorge
#2 Posted : 7/22/2011 11:17:24 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

I wonder if you could make a salve...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

moyshekapoyre
#3 Posted : 7/22/2011 11:49:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

actually they sell the salve on ebay. search tepezcohuite.

Dorge
#4 Posted : 7/23/2011 3:49:49 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

I'm sure... Just curious how it's made...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

moyshekapoyre
#5 Posted : 8/14/2011 10:49:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

update.. ok so it doesn't "cure" anything, it just provides about 12hrs of relief, which is still better than anything else I've found (though I'm wondering what cayenne pepper would do?)... actually first it itches more and burns for maybe 10-20 mins., then the soothing is felt.

i continue my search for a true cure.

Dorge
#6 Posted : 8/15/2011 1:30:31 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Cedar oil, and white sage oil mixed with lavender oil 20 drops each and a little bit of tea tree. Mix them in 1 cup jojoba oil and warm on a double burner with a 1/4 of a cup of the mhrb. Let warm for 20-30min. Strain put into clean double boiler and add table spoon of bees wax. When bees wax has melted stir and poor into metal or glass container... Place in fridge to cool.
You have yourself a salve.
Becareful not to over heat.

jamie
#7 Posted : 8/15/2011 1:41:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

moyshekapoyre wrote:

i continue my search for a true cure.

Probly gunna have to change your diet for that one. Most likely it's something that you are eating is causing the reaction.
Long live the unwoke.

moyshekapoyre
#8 Posted : 8/15/2011 3:10:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

perhaps. it only happens in the warm weather.

it's so hard to eliminate all of the most likely allergens and still find things to eat/use.

the doc suggested it might be an allergy to common ingredients in soaps and shampoos.

corpus callosum
#9 Posted : 8/15/2011 4:09:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Look up 'salicylate free diet' on Google; salicylates are very common in alot of food that you wouldnt credit with containing salicylates and are often, but not always, responsible for lingering urticarias.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

moyshekapoyre
#10 Posted : 8/15/2011 5:02:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

wow thanks, a whole other realm of foods to avoid... i never heard of salycilate allergies before. maybe if i take enough vit c i can reduce my sensitivity to whatever it is. will give it a shot.

bindu
#11 Posted : 8/15/2011 7:09:06 AM

MHRB salve is most likely also good very for hemorrhoids
blessed be all forms of intelligence

SHroomtroll
#12 Posted : 8/15/2011 9:17:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use the sludge you get from cooking mimosa tea for skin issues, it´s all tannins and that´s what your skin want´s.

Also this makes sure i don´t waste any part of the mimosa Smile

Dorge
#13 Posted : 8/15/2011 5:08:44 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Rule regarding fungi is they need the right temp, food and humidity to grow. Take one out of the equation and there you go.

moyshekapoyre
#14 Posted : 8/23/2011 7:00:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ahhh, never mind. I was mis-diagnosed by the Dr. It's not urticaria, it's something fungal (maybe tinea versicolor?). Dorge here mentioned it might be fungal, and I laughed that off, because the Dr. was quite sure it was an allergic reaction.

So the other day, I asked my body to help me (in return for treating it better on my part), and it gave me a sign which finally made me realize it was fungal in the way it spread.

Well, I'm putting tea tree oil on it each day now and it's already almost all gone. Of course, I'm probably deficient in vit. d or something to begin with, or else I wouldn't be susceptible to it.

Dorge
#15 Posted : 8/23/2011 11:27:56 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

It's fungal dude, totally. I've got ring worm as we speak and am treating it effectively.

Interesting about the mimosa salve and hemroids! How effective is it?

LeftEyeOfHorus
#16 Posted : 3/23/2012 12:59:35 AM

Hello

Dorge wrote:
It's fungal dude, totally. I've got ring worm as we speak and am treating it effectively.

Interesting about the mimosa salve and hemroids! How effective is it?

Im very sorry to laugh at your situation, but, that really tickled me.