We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Aya garden :) Options

Wax
#1 Posted : 7/21/2011 8:27:14 PM

LUVR

I'm excited to say I will soon be starting my indoor caapi and chacruna from cuttings as well as sprouting some mimosa!

I'm just wondering if anyone has any helpful tips or tricks they would like to share to help my babies thrive.

I'm probably going to keep them in a humidity tent for awhile until they become acclimated to their new extremely dry environment lol!

Much appreciated! Can't wait for my first aya experience, going to be awhile but I feel homegrown will be a much more satisfying and bonding experience for both me and mama aya Smile
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 7/22/2011 1:48:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Good luck..they arent too hard to get going I dont think..I had 10 seeds, 5 germinated..1 died and 4 of them are going strong.

You are going to be waiting a long time though to brew with your own plants..like 10 years at least I would think.
Long live the unwoke.

dg
#3 Posted : 7/22/2011 3:05:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

the mimosa can easily grow ceiling high in one season outdoors, not sure how it'll fare inside for long term growth

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 7/22/2011 3:15:03 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Chacruna grows really really slowly and likes lots of humidity, she likes lots of love and attention (after all she's the queen of the forest and expects to be treated accordingly Pleased)

Mama Aya like lots of sunlight, she's a tough gal and doesn't worry as much about humidity but she doesn't like a lot of wind.

I found adding some mycorrhiza to soil helped both build really strong healthy root systems. A good quality organic potting soil and an occasional watering with a low strength (maybe 1/4-1/2 of whats recommended on the label) balanced (I use a 5-5-5 blend) organic fertilizer is all that's required for happy healthy botanicals.

May your garden thrive long into the future Very happy
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Wax
#5 Posted : 7/22/2011 9:23:28 PM

LUVR

Thanks dreamer ill try that Smile
Really 10 years? I got a large hardrooted caapi but just a cutting of chacruna I didnt think it would be THAT long!
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Seraph
#6 Posted : 7/22/2011 9:57:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't wait 10 years to take ayahuasca...

Wax
#7 Posted : 7/23/2011 10:23:43 PM

LUVR

I don't think I can Smile

rahlii
#8 Posted : 9/30/2011 6:01:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've brewed my own Aya from 18 month old chacruna plants and vine. Admittedly the vine wasn't that strong but given that my neighbor had just cut her down off the fence and thrown her in the trailer to go to the dump, she was much better off in my brew.

I do however live in the optimum climate to grow these plants so it is cheating a bit. I've got another year old vine that has harvestable sections but I'll be growing her for a few years yet to get her nice and powerful. I've heard you want to grow vine at least 5 years and going by the difference in power between a young vine and an old section, I'd say it's worth giving her time to store the wealth.

Good luck with your garden mate. The wait will be worth it in the end.
From where is the noise?

۩
#9 Posted : 9/30/2011 6:26:17 AM

Banisteriopsis Caapi A thread in the Ethnobotanical subforum on the DMT-Nexus. Good luck and have fun!

DoctorMantus
#10 Posted : 9/30/2011 6:27:03 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

I think that caapi and viridis Grow pretty fast depending on the condition. My suggestions you said you are growing from cuttings, if you don't have what is called super thrive, go out and get it, you basically use one drop and dilute it in a spray bottle. you can spray your plant down with it, clean the leaves, and of course spray some around the soil, you don't need a lot and you cant over do it because its all minerals. Also you can give them Miracle grow Plant food, also diluted in water and you can give your plants both of these like once every week sometimes more, but be careful with the miracle grow, you don't want to give your plant too much plant food, just a couple shots.

I wish you Luck oh and of course our plants love to be talked to, which i am sure you know. Smile

Old pics this caapi was trimmed, they are currently in Hawaii and i am off island so i am sure they have gotten real bushy.

"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Tropical
#11 Posted : 11/2/2011 8:15:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

you can have a decent meter tall bush from a leaf in 1 year if you do things well Smile They are slower plants, but they are not cacti....caapi grow pretty fast, but never tried home grown stem so cant comment on strength.

M. hostilis are insanely fast, in fact scary fast. 15' in 1 year is pretty easily achieved if you have 12 months of growing conditions. have some 20 month old trees that have tennis ball sized stems.