We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Reducing nausea from serotonergenic psychedelics - Essential lemon oil! Options

Eluna
#21 Posted : 8/10/2011 1:33:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay - so i had the 5 drops with a dose of bridgesii and i didnt get any nausea. I havent thrown up on mescaline before but i did notice less of a body load nausea bloated kinda feeling when compared without the lemon oil.a friend of mine did throw up after having 5 drops at the same time as drinking the shot of mescaline tea though.

I did 5 drops onto doses of 2.5g of dried cubensis, and everyone loved it nobody threw up or complained of any body loads (about 10 people)

So, i think it needs more experimentation

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#22 Posted : 8/10/2011 2:18:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing the results!!

I just bought some organic lemon essential oil and will be testing tomorrow (though im not sure yet what will be ingested, mushrooms, mescaline, or what... ). If its mushrooms, I'll be able to accurately say if it makes a difference or not (because this year I have ingested shrooms quite a few times, both by themselves, or eating ginger before, so I'll have a good base for comparison), but if its mescaline, I cant accurately say (except "I had nausea" or not) because its been quite a while and I dont remember nausea from it...

DimensionlessBeing
#23 Posted : 9/2/2011 3:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Thanks for sharing the results!!

I just bought some organic lemon essential oil and will be testing tomorrow (though im not sure yet what will be ingested, mushrooms, mescaline, or what... ). If its mushrooms, I'll be able to accurately say if it makes a difference or not (because this year I have ingested shrooms quite a few times, both by themselves, or eating ginger before, so I'll have a good base for comparison), but if its mescaline, I cant accurately say (except "I had nausea" or not) because its been quite a while and I dont remember nausea from it...

hey endlessness, any feedback? i will be diving in tonight (cubensis B+) and have essential oil of lemon ready.

endlessness
#24 Posted : 9/2/2011 4:16:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried it with mescaline and with pharma, it did seem to diminish the nausea but I never get too much nausea with those so the real test will be when I take mushrooms, because those consistently give me some nausea. Maybe next week.

But go for it! I would take maybe like 4 drops half an hour before, and 4 drops just before or just after consuming the substance.

jamie
#25 Posted : 9/2/2011 8:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

minxx has some here..I will try it one day with bufotenine. Then I will know if this is all just placebo or not.
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#26 Posted : 9/2/2011 9:10:07 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

5g home grown mushrooms (tapalpa) with 7 drops of lemon oil made for some very light nausea on the come-up (right around 45-60min) and zero nausea for the duration of the trip.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Limeni
#27 Posted : 9/2/2011 10:18:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks very good for UK people:

. . . . Organic Food Grade Lemon Oil

Maybe more expensive than some, but probably the best quality you can get.

From this site:

. . . . NHR Organic Oils

All oils are 100% Organic & Food Grade. (prices are ex VAT)

DimensionlessBeing
#28 Posted : 9/3/2011 10:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

7 drops essential lemon oil on 5g powdered shrooms mixed with 1 cup concord grape juice. Tasted fine going down, zero nausea and less confusion during liftoff. This stuff works. Did it about an hour after decent sized meal.

Had a headache next day and put a few drops in cotton and inhaled through the cotton into my nose. Didnt totally get rid of the headache but it took the edge off and refreshed my overall mood for a period of time, probably a couple of hrs before it wore off and I did another treatment.

sheepie
#29 Posted : 9/5/2011 7:49:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have 5 oz of lemon oil and some Peruvian Torch. I'm going to give it a shot in the coming weeks and report back. My body responds very negatively to mescaline but I only get slight nausea on shrooms.
"I was supremely happy, for I had seen. Nothing could ever be the same. I have drunk at the clear and pure waters and my thirst was appeased. ...I have seen the Light. I have touched compassion which heals all sorrow and suffering; it is not for myself, but for the world. ...Love in all its glory has intoxicated my heart; my heart can never be closed. I have drunk at the fountain of Joy and eternal Beauty. I am God-intoxicated."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

DimensionlessBeing
#30 Posted : 9/5/2011 11:35:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sheepie wrote:
I have 5 oz of lemon oil and some Peruvian Torch. I'm going to give it a shot in the coming weeks and report back. My body responds very negatively to mescaline but I only get slight nausea on shrooms.

not sure if regular lemon oil works with the same dose. pretty sure essential oil is more pure so youneed less(?)

clearlyone
#31 Posted : 9/19/2011 11:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

6 drops in water 15 min prior and 4 more as chaser nearly eliminated the usual strong nausea with pharma. Only very mild nausea when moving around too much. Took 2 drops booster. Big difference!
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

r2pi
#32 Posted : 6/24/2012 4:58:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone - first post - great site.

A question - has anyone tried lemon zest tea for anti-nausea properties?

Googling seems to indicate 0.4% yield of oil vs whole fruit weight, and average weight of 60 g for a lemon, so 2.4 g of oil per lemon. More googling seems to suggest 20 drops to the mL and density of 0.84 for limonene, so close to 6 drops per lemon - about the right dose.

I often add a squeeze of lemon to mush tea... might chuck in a whole lemon's zest next time and see how it goes.

kman1898
#33 Posted : 1/13/2014 4:17:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Lemon essential oil, like most citrus oil, is going to be >95% D-limonene, minor constituents being things like pinenes, octanols, octyl aldehydes. It will have very little central effect. Don't believe the hype about limonene being active centrally, because it's a major component in many, many plants and is a very basic monoterpene.

A better remedy is fresh whole ginger root (dried/candied/preserved is a good substitute, as there are strong antinauseant compounds in ginger root.

What I don't understand when is why don't people use Ginger Essential Oil? Shouldn't it still have all the properties of ginger that's been made into tea except it's extracted essential oil? http://www.anandaapothec...om/arom...ntial-oil.html

Dr. Dimitri
#34 Posted : 10/22/2014 12:46:53 PM

To Infinity & Beyond

As for the lack of available food grade lemon oil I vouch for the above recommendations for ginger root.

Also beta-pinene is found in:

Cumin

Hops

Pinus pinaster

Clausena anisata

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-Pinene

Dr. Dimitri
#35 Posted : 10/22/2014 12:51:21 PM

To Infinity & Beyond

How much B-Pinene is needed for nausea reduction? How much Cumin is therefor needed?

Syrian cumin - beta-pinene (21%)

cuminum cyminum - (13%)

http://www.psfst.com/__j...6add9c1cc969192c2ab8.pdf

http://www.khojagroup.com/cumin.html

Mandukeya
#36 Posted : 10/23/2014 11:09:01 AM

Shamanic Engineer

I remember finding this tip in an ancient bufo thread by 69Ron a few years ago. I used it when drinking rue tea without any nausea.

I also add a few drops to changa, not sure if it makes a difference there as I still can get nausea sometimes, although mostly when smoking it in a joint. Sure makes the changa smell better though Smile

PREV12