We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello everyone Options

Dirty Spoons
#1 Posted : 7/20/2011 3:44:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi All!

I am a relatively experienced psychonaut and started to dabble around with DMT a few years back after reading a few of the early extraction teks pop up on a mushroom forum. I had some amazing experiences, which I will share in time in the proper sub-forum; but something about the body load was very off-setting to me, and I would vomit nearly every time I actually had a breakthrough.

More recently I infused a home mixed smoking blend, which contained no MAOI sources, with DMT @ 1:1 by weight and I have been able to dig a lot deeper. The ease of varying the size of your hit, and how much smoother it seems to come on in the first seconds, makes a world of difference to me, and I've been able do push threw my anxiety, and come to terms with the body load, which is actually very welcoming to me now.

Now that I am smoking much more frequently than a few times a year, I find it hard to discuss my experiences with others that have no experience. It's not just a mind-blowing story to tell anymore. I am finding myself with many questions. Asking someone who hasn't been there usually leaves you wondering, not if, but how insane the other person thinks you are Pleased

Anyway, Great lookin site here, looks like there will be no problems finding plenty of reading material to keep me busy.

Have a great one everybody,

Dirty Spoons.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 7/20/2011 5:13:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

welcome Dirty Spoons,

I agree, talking to people who have no experience with these things is always a bit tricky. On one hand it's hard to describe why the experiences changed you so much without describing its effects, but once you do you are in the trap of "oh this person is utterly insane...". If people ask me, I tend to say it's indescribable, and in my personal opinion it is a vast and horrible crime that it is illegal. What more can be said? It's for everyone to figure out for themselves... to experience for themselves.

I'm sure you'll have a great time browsing through the forum; there is a wealth of information and community-work here, and we try to improve ourselves and the whole here whenever we can - or at least I hope we do Smile

take care
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Ice House
#3 Posted : 7/21/2011 2:43:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I find it interesting that infusing herbs with no MAOI changed your take off so much. Congrats on figuring that out. I look forward to reading about your experiences.

I'm sure you no more insane than the rest of us.

ih
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Dirty Spoons
#4 Posted : 7/21/2011 2:18:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My smoking blend currently consists of some locally harvested mullein and some brugmansia flowers I grew out years ago. It is very nice for ramping up to something with an maoi, seeing as i had already developed spice anxiety. I am excited to do a caapi extract now though. I crave a longer experience nearly every time!

BTW- I figure i should ask while im here, but other than normal body load, tripping sensations, and occasional nausea/vomit, how common are other strange physiological responses to DMT? The current reaction I question is an instantaneous bubbling in my upper stomach. It is no uncomfortable, well, maybe very slightly... but there is no nausea or pain. It starts right as I start to feel the dmt, so seconds after my hit, and it lasts as long as I can pay attention to it. It's gone by the time I come down. This never happened until a recent 'contact' experience i had with some sort of intelligent medium. Before then I never notices this, and it has been there EVERY time since. Any ideas? when i feel it my impression is i'm being repaired by the dmt. I have no clue what is wrong with me in the first place. i'm pretty healthy, but thats just what i feel when im flyin high.

PrimalWisdom
#5 Posted : 7/21/2011 2:54:10 PM

Everything the light touches

Hey man, Welcome!

Yeah I know what you mean. I have only got 2 friends who have ever tried the stuff, The one has been completley turned off it after a 350mg oral trip. And the other has very bland experiences. So I basically have no-one to talk to about my experiences. The nexus chat is a great way to talk to people about it, you should check it out.

I've been messing about with some changa 1:1 with caapi and a touch of un-infused lavender flowers tossed in. Its really amazing, I love the slow gentle launch and the prolonged floatyness it gives me.

Sure you're gonna enjoy hanging around the nexus!
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God