CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Anyone here try DMT back in the 60's? Options
 
Vector
#1 Posted : 7/20/2011 4:23:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 62
Joined: 14-Oct-2010
Last visit: 12-Jun-2018
Just wondering if we've got any old hippies here. I often wonder what it must have been like to experience DMT back when nobody knew what the fuck it was. I remember reading somewhere that back then, DMT was sometimes called "the secret" which is a wonderfully chilling name for it, IMO. I bet in the context of the birth of psychedelic culture finding out "the secret" would be even more mind shattering than it is for us in the internet generation...us who can instantly reach out and talk to hundreds or thousands of others who've shared similar experiences. i would surmise that its a bit easier for us of the younger generation to integrate a DMT experience, too, what with all the quantum science and extra dimensional theories making there way into the mainstream culture.

so, anyone?
 

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!
 
olympus mon
#2 Posted : 7/20/2011 6:07:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Posts: 2635
Joined: 27-Jul-2009
Last visit: 28-May-2018
Location: Pac N.W.
good thread, might i add also that ive read that in the 60's and 70's the only dmt available was synthetic. can anyone confirm or deny this fact?
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.
 
Rivea
#3 Posted : 7/20/2011 6:14:43 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Posts: 493
Joined: 21-May-2010
Last visit: 29-Aug-2019
Location: The assylum
No DMT, but several acid trips in the mid 1970's. I was too young in the 60's...
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...
 
dreamer042
#4 Posted : 7/20/2011 6:24:55 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Posts: 4186
Joined: 10-Sep-2009
Last visit: 22-Nov-2019
Location: Rocky mountain high
Well Leary was working with synthetic dmt for sure.
http://deoxy.org/h_leary.htm


also, if you listen to enough lectures from either of the brothers Mckenna or Kat Harrison they all mention the synthetic dmt going around Berkley in the 60's.

I also heard stories of Ken Kesey taking people off to his little space at La Honda to "smoke" and they would always come back looking wide eyed and astonished. Shocked
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca
 
landfishd
#5 Posted : 7/20/2011 6:43:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 135
Joined: 05-Nov-2010
Last visit: 16-Mar-2013
My dad said him and his buddies smoked some DMT back then, but when I gave him some of my extraction he said he didn't remember anything like that.. so who knows what he smoked. Could have been how they smoked it because he doesn't remember really much about it.
 
Ljosalfar
#6 Posted : 7/20/2011 7:02:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 328
Joined: 17-Sep-2010
Last visit: 05-Jan-2018
Location: Pacific Northwest
If, when asking about "DMT", we are willing to include ayahuasca experiences, then check out the Beats:
William Burroughs wrote The Yage Letters (introduction to the Redux edition is quite interesting re: Burroughs' role in i.d.ing the plants involved...). He was in Colombia tripping around with the famous ethnobotanist Schultes in the '50s...
Allan Ginsberg drank a few years later, I believe.
There were also other early intrepid explorers I'm not recalling at the moment.
Best,
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman
 
DMTripper
#7 Posted : 7/21/2011 1:18:33 AM

John Murdoch IV


Posts: 2037
Joined: 18-Jan-2008
Last visit: 26-Oct-2019
Location: Changes from time to time.
Vector wrote:
...I often wonder what it must have been like to experience DMT back when nobody knew what the fuck it was.


Still nobody really knows what the fuck this stuff is or what it's for. But I get your point Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

 
nen888
#8 Posted : 7/21/2011 9:30:46 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Posts: 3853
Joined: 28-Jun-2011
Last visit: 16-Sep-2019

..i'm too young to be an 'old hippie',

but i'm fairly certain that Jerry Garcia thought up the name Grateful Dead after smoking DMT.
..a sound engineer working with the Dead claimed that if somebody smoked DMT in a room with an amplifier, it would make the perceived
volume of the amp seem louder even to those who had not smoked!Razz
..also i recall in the original Woodstock movie there's a kundalini yoga hippie doing workshops who says something like: "when you have
the rush of energy up your spine it's similar to smoking DMT.." (somewhere round the 'don't take the brown pill acid' scene..)
..Terence McKenna was first introduced to smoking DMT while at university in the mid-late '60s by a friend who was "one of those
people who was always a bit ahead of [him]..."




@
 
Pandora
#9 Posted : 7/21/2011 11:39:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committee

Posts: 2698
Joined: 03-Aug-2009
Last visit: 15-Mar-2017
Location: United Police States of America
My husband (Nemo Amicus, Nexus member) is 61 years old. He smoked DMT in 1968 several times. It was strictly synthetic. No one had heard of extracting it from plants. No one had heard of or consumed a breakthrough dose. It was sold in a kind of very crude changa form. He would receive an amount that would equal one to two hits. It would be infused onto parsley or mint and then folded into little squares of aluminum foil. No one vaporized (at least on the consumer end) as they did not get the freebase. They burned the crap out of it and he and his (few) still living compatriots from that time remember nothing but burning plastic tastes.

Gracie & Zarkov (not their real names, obviously) are my husband's (& infrequently these days my) employer. They still have a small amount of synthetic DMT from their early interactions with Terence McKenna. They procured this, I'm not 100% sure, around the early 1980's and they DID do breakthrough doses.

As far as I know, it was first synthesized in the 1930's, used for extremely sadistic research purposes in the 1950's, broke through (pun intended) into the "recreational" psychedelic community in the mid 1960's and then became extremely obscure/esoteric/exotic for quite awhile. In 1992 DeKorne (I believe) published the very first issue of Entheogen Review. The entire 16 year history of that publication is a sort of love affair and obsession with various entheogens, including DMT. The early issues are filled with speculations on how DMT might be extracted from various plants. There is an early one where DeKorne complains bitterly that he's never been able to extract anything meaningful with nahptha.

As far as I can determine, it was the late 1990's to early 2000's when BIG forward strides were made on these underground/unauthorized research fronts. By early 2000, many folks in Entheogen Review are routinely using DMT and 5-meo-DMT. In 2006 Noman published, "DMT for the Masses," and in 2008 an addendum was published correcting some minor issues. As far as I know Nexus started around this time too. This is the time (2006 to 2008 ) when the curve began to get up off of the X-axis (so to speak) and folks have never looked back.

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President
MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2


Power is Power, but Knowledge is Self-Empowerment
 
dreamer042
#10 Posted : 7/21/2011 3:05:41 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Posts: 4186
Joined: 10-Sep-2009
Last visit: 22-Nov-2019
Location: Rocky mountain high
Thanks for posting this Pandora!

Really informative, clear, and articulate history of our most sacred of sacraments.

Mckenna was openly talking about (and sharing) DMT all through the 80's and 90's into the early 2000's when he passed away. Strassman did his studies with dmt between 1990 and 1995 while it was still pretty obscure. The Spirit Molecule book was published in 2001 right around the time extraction teks were being perfected. Over the next few years DMT for the masses went up on Erowid, the old DMT World site popped up, DMT became a big thing on the ever expanding burning man scene, the DMT tribe started seeing a lot of activity around 2003-2005, Pinchbeck's books were also being released around this time and getting a lot of people excited about psychedelics, Alex Grey's art and story reached the masses in large part due to Tool, and everything just kind of coalesced in 2006 with the birth of the nexus and the palenque norte lecture series in the big dome at entheogen village at burning man, which incidentally the original plan for was to have a giant dmt molecule on top of the giant dome. Since that time Nexus has been at the forefront of dmt exploration, and the use and understanding of the molecule has been growing exponentially with no end in site.

...At this rate in 10 years we are gonna take over the world Twisted Evil

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca
 
gibran2
#11 Posted : 7/21/2011 3:15:37 PM

Being

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Posts: 3332
Joined: 04-Mar-2010
Last visit: 15-Nov-2019
dreamer042 wrote:
...At this rate in 10 years we are gonna take over the world Twisted Evil


A nice thought, but at this rate it’s much more likely that in much less than 10 years most plants and plant parts containing reasonable amounts of DMT (such as our beloved MHRB) will be banned worldwide.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.
 
dreamer042
#12 Posted : 7/21/2011 3:23:00 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Posts: 4186
Joined: 10-Sep-2009
Last visit: 22-Nov-2019
Location: Rocky mountain high
gibran2 wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:
...At this rate in 10 years we are gonna take over the world Twisted Evil


A nice thought, but at this rate it’s much more likely that in much less than 10 years most plants and plant parts containing reasonable amounts of DMT (such as our beloved MHRB) will be banned worldwide.


Your probably right lol

But I'm a dreamoar and that's not the future I want to be manifesting, so I say why not keep trying to take over the world in the meantime? Wink
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca
 
MySmelf
#13 Posted : 7/21/2011 10:28:09 PM

Hyperspace Entity


Posts: 332
Joined: 19-Jun-2010
Last visit: 06-Nov-2018
You guys sure nobody was extracting DMT from plants before the 90's? Because every reference I've heard from "old hippies" was of an orange waxy substance. Terence refers to it in his old lectures as orange and the consistency of earwax. I showed an "old hippie" friend of mine some DMT I extracted and he was surprised at how white it was and said the DMT he smoked decades ago was orange or even red in color.

I'm just wondering, if you're synthesizing DMT, shouldn't it be a lot cleaner than that and not look like some jimjam jungle?
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.
 
proto-pax
#14 Posted : 7/21/2011 10:34:53 PM

bird-brain

Senior Member

Posts: 959
Joined: 26-Apr-2010
Last visit: 17-Nov-2019
depends entirely on how skilled the chemist is.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that
 
DoingKermit
#15 Posted : 7/21/2011 10:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 1698
Joined: 28-May-2009
Last visit: 21-Nov-2019
A few months ago i showed an old hippie some nice white DMT i extracted and he was convinced it was crap because it wasn't orange!!! He said it didn't look right because of what he was used to from back in the day.
 
SnozzleBerry
#16 Posted : 7/21/2011 11:01:12 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Posts: 5977
Joined: 29-Jul-2009
Last visit: 02-Jul-2019
MySmelf wrote:
You guys sure nobody was extracting DMT from plants before the 90's? Because every reference I've heard from "old hippies" was of an orange waxy substance. Terence refers to it in his old lectures as orange and the consistency of earwax.

In those same lectures he also talks about "botched" synths as yielding the orange goop. He discusses the yellow as the closest most chemists could get the synth to white and commented how rare white was. If this was plant extracts, I'd bet the chemists would have known how to re-x a yellow product from plant extracts to white.

Nick Sand extracted DMT well before the 90's, but afaik, it wasn't a common or well-known means by any stretch.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור
 
Bill Cipher
#17 Posted : 7/21/2011 11:38:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Moderator

Posts: 3372
Joined: 29-Jan-2009
Last visit: 21-Nov-2019
The only time I can recall experiencing DMT in the 60's was while rocketing through the birth canal. I remember very clearly the afterglow, however; standing up, wiping the purple placenta goo from my eyes, spitting on the floor and announcing "Smolk Moar" to a room full of flabbergasted medical professionals.

My mother was heavily sedated at the time and so cannot corroborate my story, and my father, of course, was across the street enjoying a highball and Yankees double header. The nurse, however, who I spanked back just before gnawing through my umbilical cord was so completely traumatized that I remember she dropped her cigarette, and I understand that she still recounts the episode to this day with horror.
 
ommani
#18 Posted : 7/22/2011 12:13:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 114
Joined: 24-Mar-2009
Last visit: 20-Nov-2019
Uncle Knucles wrote:
The only time I can recall experiencing DMT in the 60's was while rocketing through the birth canal. I remember very clearly the afterglow, however; standing up, wiping the purple placenta goo from my eyes, spitting on the floor and announcing "Smolk Moar" to a room full of flabbergasted medical professionals.

hahaha Very happy
 
Global
#19 Posted : 7/22/2011 12:30:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Posts: 5267
Joined: 01-Jul-2010
Last visit: 13-Dec-2018
Uncle Knucles wrote:
The only time I can recall experiencing DMT in the 60's was while rocketing through the birth canal. I remember very clearly the afterglow, however; standing up, wiping the purple placenta goo from my eyes, spitting on the floor and announcing "Smolk Moar" to a room full of flabbergasted medical professionals.

My mother was heavily sedated at the time and so cannot corroborate my story, and my father, of course, was across the street enjoying a highball and Yankees double header. The nurse, however, who I spanked back just before gnawing through my umbilical cord was so completely traumatized that I remember she dropped her cigarette, and I understand that she still recounts the episode to this day with horror.



Genius Laughing
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb
 
soulthatcreates
#20 Posted : 7/22/2011 12:39:25 AM

simply beautiful


Posts: 131
Joined: 22-Feb-2011
Last visit: 03-Aug-2017
Location: way over there
Uncle Knucles wrote:
The only time I can recall experiencing DMT in the 60's was while rocketing through the birth canal. I remember very clearly the afterglow, however; standing up, wiping the purple placenta goo from my eyes, spitting on the floor and announcing "Smolk Moar" to a room full of flabbergasted medical professionals.

My mother was heavily sedated at the time and so cannot corroborate my story, and my father, of course, was across the street enjoying a highball and Yankees double header. The nurse, however, who I spanked back just before gnawing through my umbilical cord was so completely traumatized that I remember she dropped her cigarette, and I understand that she still recounts the episode to this day with horror.


Bahaha! YES!
This, what I'm experiencing now, is a whole new level of my being.
 
12NEXT
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.048 seconds.