We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
extraction method of natural cactus salts Options

AlbertKLloyd
#1 Posted : 7/19/2011 4:00:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extracting in a safe manner can be done without solvents, without excessive boiling and without re-salting.

Take a cutting or material fresh is best.
Blend it to very fine consistency, then microwave it to get it nice and hot
then pour it through a sieve and squeeze out the juice

Don't add any extra water at any stage.

then take the juice and microwave it to boil it for a little while to congeal the proteins
filter this to remove the gunk

Then take the juice and again microwave it to boil off excess water, the microwave will do this at a far faster rate than the stove and it will not reach the same burning temps that the stove will

when you have only a small volume of liquid left, let it cool and evaporate the rest of the way.

Needle like crystals will likely form in the residue as it evaporates, you may be amazed
No base, no solvent, no salting. Just cactus, a blender, a sieve and a microwave and some other dishes.

One way to filter though, that is useful, is to suck the liquid through a cotton ball, using something like a turkey baster. Do this before the volume of the liquid is so low that it gets thick.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

proto-pax
#2 Posted : 7/19/2011 4:20:46 PM

bird-brain

Sounds kind of like the resin tek to me. Will try this next year after I've got a few more cacti.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

AlbertKLloyd
#3 Posted : 7/19/2011 5:20:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm not familiar with the resin tek...
I've use the search engine here and read about it, it is somewhat similar, but I don't use extra acids, the alkaloids are in the cactus as salts, they do not need extra acid IME.

Some notes on this method:
don't worry about the skin, it isn't really an issue with extractions anyway
if the spines are small then you don't have to remove them
if the cactus is slimey you may have to heat longer
when you blend the material will get foamy, the first microwaving is to break down this foam.
if your blender is not that powerful, then cook the cactus first by microwaving it
if your cactus has a strong core, remove this
you can use outer green flesh for this

a good trick is to evap, then re-dissolve in an ethanol solution, filter and re-evap

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 7/19/2011 10:20:42 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i suppose u have seen what microwaving water does.
like the experiment where 2 plants are given the same water - only difference is one of their waters is micro'd first - 10 days later the microwave water plant is dead.

also dr emoto's work must mean something to u

even watch the documentary called water - its very informative.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 7/20/2011 12:02:41 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Phlux- wrote:
i suppose u have seen what microwaving water does.
like the experiment where 2 plants are given the same water - only difference is one of their waters is micro'd first - 10 days later the microwave water plant is dead.

Nah, that experiment was flawed; it has been repeated by others who have found no difference between microwaved vs non-microwaved water.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

dg
#6 Posted : 7/20/2011 12:02:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

AlbertKLloyd wrote:

Needle like crystals will likely form in the residue as it evaporates, you may be amazed

yes please! amaze me with pictures

AlbertKLloyd
#7 Posted : 7/20/2011 2:39:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not in the least worried about microwaves and their effects on things.
The universe is loaded with microwave energy.

Photographs of this are not easy:
AlbertKLloyd attached the following image(s):
m1.jpg (133kb) downloaded 257 time(s).
m2.jpg (122kb) downloaded 255 time(s).

AlbertKLloyd
#8 Posted : 7/20/2011 2:41:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, so stirring it around broke the largest crystals, so right now the largest ones are 3/4 of an inch long, the average is about a half inch, previously some were an inch long though,

the crystals are the needle like formations, not the easiest to see, but they are there.

dg
#9 Posted : 7/20/2011 2:52:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

epic!!

AlbertKLloyd
#10 Posted : 7/20/2011 2:57:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that batch did involve re-dissolving in vodka, re-filtering, letting it settle and pouring off the liquid and then evaporating again

but still involves the natural salts of the cactus itself

ouro
#11 Posted : 7/20/2011 3:25:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very impressive! do you have any idea what kind of yield you get with this approach vs STB?

AlbertKLloyd
#12 Posted : 7/20/2011 3:42:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've not made any formal comparison, however the depiction comes from a single stem of (non-PC) T. pachanoi, about a foot long and 3.5 inches wide and appears to contain between 1-2 grams of alkaloid salts. When I extracted the same plants using STB methods it seems that the results were less impressive but without a controlled test who can say. My hunch is that STB is slightly less efficient but that the difference isn't a big one.

When taken as a tea the same plant requires only an apple sized piece, 200 grams fresh is plenty, so the clone is fairly strong. I would not expect these results from PC pachanoi or peruvianus/macrogonus, but would expect them for good pachanoi and bridgesii.

Eluna
#13 Posted : 7/20/2011 12:12:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This certainly needs more investigating/experimenting Smile

PlainCoil
#14 Posted : 7/20/2011 6:43:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr. Emoto = HACK. This 'photographic artist' has been spreading pseudoscience for profit for far too long.

Anyway, this tek is pretty cool! I like the use of the microwave to clarify the brew. Have you ever tried using no heat, but rather multiple long soaks? In this way, I have been able to avoid the mucelage and snot altogether, obtaining a tea that can be easily filtered through a coffee filter.

AlbertKLloyd
#15 Posted : 7/20/2011 9:21:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It has been some time since I did cold soak experiments, and when I did do them i did not employ this method, so I can say that is something worth looking into.

It seems that roasting is also worth looking into, it seems to break down the mucilage but not the alkaloids, it might be good for dry cactus to gently roast it before re-hydrating, that is also something I plan on exploring further.