We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Which one is better: Coffee grinder or blender for MHRB? And share your methods Options

tele
#1 Posted : 7/19/2011 2:43:38 PM
Explorer

I know there are topics about grinding/shredding MHRB, but I would like to ask: Which one is better, coffee grinder or blender when making MHRB powder?

Anyone who has done it, what has been your way of working and preparation?
Any comments about what one should look in blender/grinder specs are welcome, such as type of blades, volume, etc.

thanks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 7/19/2011 3:52:29 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

coffee grinder gives a finer product but only allows for working with very small amounts at a time.

Blender product is not quite as fine but allows for working with bigger amounts.

I've destroyed at least 3 cheap coffee grinders and a nice black and decker one with vine and/or bark.

I've destroyed several cheap blenders as well as a craftsman and an osterizer blender with vine and/or bark.

My thoughts are if you have the $pend, a vitamix or similar blender will do the job well, if not get a couple cheapy blenders and be ready for them to break on ya sooner or later.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Felnik
#3 Posted : 7/19/2011 5:41:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Coffee grinder be prepared to destroy a few .
Tip : keep grinder inverted upside down material in cap .
Gradually flip it allowing material to fall into blade .
Back and forth . I,ve found it keeps the blade from jamming as much .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

d*l*b
#4 Posted : 7/19/2011 8:31:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tried with one model of blender, the results weren’t great, but workable. I won’t use a blender again if i can help it.

My current method is to cut the shredded bark down to small squares with a pair of secateurs (wear a glove on the secateurs hand, you will get blisters). I have had best results with pieces around 0.5/0.5cm. Small bits can be ground in a coffee grinder with very few jamming issues and I have yet to destroy a grinder. Takes ages, but I think it is worth it. Just split the cutting sessions into a few goes!
D × V × F > R

yamasaki4
#5 Posted : 7/20/2011 7:03:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The new knowledge should be learned and find it.

tele
#6 Posted : 7/20/2011 11:17:49 AM
Explorer

yamasaki4 wrote:
The new knowledge should be learned and find it.

What an amazing first post. Just WOW..Shocked

I am glad for the info received so far. I'm probably going with the coffee grinder, a cheap one that is... Would cutting pliers work if one would be going for about 0,5cm squares before grinding? I am hesitant to invest money to secateurs.

d*l*b
#7 Posted : 7/20/2011 3:28:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the snippers you have in your pic would be very difficult to use, better to use secateurs as they have a spring, doing half the work. I managed to pick a pair up for £1, I am sure you will be able to find some cheap ones somewhere.
D × V × F > R

tele
#8 Posted : 7/20/2011 8:06:50 PM
Explorer

d*l*b wrote:
I think the snippers you have in your pic would be very difficult to use, better to use secateurs as they have a spring, doing half the work. I managed to pick a pair up for £1, I am sure you will be able to find some cheap ones somewhere.

Yea bro/sis, I think one has to do something of this sort properly and forget the money. I'll definately look for the high end secateurs.

Is there really a necessity to put the coffee grinder upside down every now and then? What's the estimated time for grinding up 50g bark in normal cheapo coffee grinder?

DeMenTed
#9 Posted : 7/20/2011 8:11:14 PM

Barry

I used the technique Felnik talks about, let the blades speed up and then turn upright and the blades will chop better, I also let my bark dry properly first.
Here's my results https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=20877&find=unread

d*l*b
#10 Posted : 7/20/2011 11:44:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
Yea bro/sis, I think one has to do something of this sort properly and forget the money. I'll definately look for the high end secateurs.

Is there really a necessity to put the coffee grinder upside down every now and then? What's the estimated time for grinding up 50g bark in normal cheapo coffee grinder?

I would just go for the cheapest secateurs I could. A search on Amazon shows ones for under $10, as I say mine cost the equivalent of $1.60 and are serving me fine.

Regarding the grinder, I don’t invert it personally, I just tip it at a 45º angle and that seem to work for me. As for tim, I dunno, in the grinder I have there is a max of 25g so I would probably to it in 3 or 4 goes which take in total 2 or 3 mins each. Chopping up with secateurs will be time consuming, but not so bad if you are only processing 50g bark.
D × V × F > R

Parshvik Chintan
#11 Posted : 7/21/2011 11:00:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
If the mimosa isn't completely dry, it will bend. If you dry it out, you should be able to break it up easily with just your fingers. Should also be easier on the blender. I have no problems with blending my mimosa.

correct me if i am wrong, but i thought mimosa lost potency as it oxidized?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

nen888
#12 Posted : 7/21/2011 11:08:02 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Parshvik Chintanwrote
Quote:
i thought mimosa lost potency as it oxidized?

Quote:
The oxidized DMT is considered an impurity (even though the psychedelic effects can be just as strong if not stronger at times).

see https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=23497

see also https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=23738 towards end of thread...

ps tele the garden shears in thin strips should work fine, just soak longer...Smile

tele
#13 Posted : 7/26/2011 4:37:31 PM
Explorer

The secateurs are just an amazing tool!

What about the coffee grinder, is it enough to buy a grinder that has only one setting, or should one look for grinder that has adjustment for how fine the shred is? Can one get nice powder with one that doesn't have any adjustments, that is?

The post below makes me ask another question: Does the coffee grinder make that much finer product?

nen888
#14 Posted : 7/26/2011 4:42:58 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i rate grinder/blender equally, as long as they are tougher than your average kind..cheap blenders won't handle bark, nor flimsy coffee grinders...

d*l*b
#15 Posted : 7/26/2011 4:49:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My coffee grinder is a very cheap (UK£15) electric model, one power/grind setting only, has worked fine for 2 years now. As long as there are no big bits in it it seems to work fine.

As a side note – The way I do my grinding is to keep the shredded/small bits in one container, then the ground bits in a bag or sieve over a large bowl to collect the finest particles. I add anything that doesn’t go through back to the shredded container and continue until everything possible has been ground. Don’t worry too much about getting everything ground perfectly, it doesn’t matter too much.

I also stick my powder through a few freeze/thaw cycles in a bag in an airtight container after, I don’t know if this is just overkill though!
D × V × F > R

tele
#16 Posted : 7/26/2011 4:51:04 PM
Explorer

Thanks, you have helped me alot. Respect and all the best to you

nen888
#17 Posted : 7/26/2011 4:51:11 PM
member for the trees

Smile ..yeah, was just about to post 'cheaper option decent coffee grinder'...

tele
#18 Posted : 8/8/2011 9:31:32 AM
Explorer

The coffee grinder leaves lots of fibers in the end product, so should one basify longer than one hour with vinegar?(q21q21's tek)