We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
about ways of isolating dmt from gramine Options

sprthrgh
#1 Posted : 7/18/2011 5:18:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Chromatography, sublimation, electrophoresis.
Which way to isolate dmt from gramine is most effective? What about cost of getting equipped for each methods? And anyone you met tried each? What about results?
There's not information about solitions that gramine and dmt acts different with. Melting points are known(What do you think about that information's truth).
I'm waiting for your thoughts. Thank you.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ambivalent
#2 Posted : 7/18/2011 10:14:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there was a topic about solubility of gramine which i was also very interested about.After searching this forum and various other sites i found out that gramine and dmt are very similar in structure.
Actually as i understood, the alkaloid of gramine acts like a precursor to dmt.So that makes it even more difficult to isolate them by a simple means like solvent extraction.Except for one statement which said that freebase dmt is soluble in P. Ether and freebase Gramine isn't.So that should be the easiest way to divide them.Another way which it shouldn't be so hard with a little practice is by means of distillation.Now a distillation kit is affordable thing depending on the volume and sizes of the flasks,tubes, beakers...but not expensive.

I will search for the topic i mentioned and i will link it to this one, so you can read further about this.Also i heard that Gramine's lethal dose is much much higher than LD50 for dmt but i think you should not experiment this on yourself anyway, as the alkaloids in Phalaris are very variable.

EDIT : the link of the mentioned topic :

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=23646