We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
- Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 7/17/2011 12:43:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The tast of Kratom tea is just bitter. Ayahuasca is bitter and foul. Especially nasty if you are brewing with vinegar. If it's your first time, you have the advantage of not associating the puking with the brew. This will help to keep it down.

Advice:

-Reduce properly to a tiny amount (careful, it burns easily)
-Perhaps ditch the vinegar and use more plant mateiral to compensate
-Absolutely NO citric acid in any form!
-Have some ripe mango to eat immediatly afterwards. I think minxx pioneered this techniques and i've had very good results with it - no aftertaste

Good luck...and i won't mix ayahuasca with any other drinks...i feel it would not improve the taste, but i'm not sure.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

mapp
#2 Posted : 7/17/2011 1:16:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
The tast of Kratom tea is just bitter. Ayahuasca is bitter and foul. Especially nasty if you are brewing with vinegar. If it's your first time, you have the advantage of not associating the puking with the brew. This will help to keep it down.

Advice:

-Reduce properly to a tiny amount (careful, it burns easily)
-Perhaps ditch the vinegar and use more plant mateiral to compensate
-Absolutely NO citric acid in any form!
-Have some ripe mango to eat immediatly afterwards. I think minxx pioneered this techniques and i've had very good results with it - no aftertaste

Good luck...and i won't mix ayahuasca with any other drinks...i feel it would not improve the taste, but i'm not sure.

So would substituting a acerola tab or 2 in place of vinegar not work out in a more tasteful and potentiating manner?

soulfood
#3 Posted : 7/17/2011 1:38:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I actually quite enjoy the taste of ayahuasca. I brew without an acid until the liquid stops acquiring colour then slowly reduce on a light simmer.

Even in the 120g's region I still quite like the taste. Yeah it has a very bitter overtone, but I find the hints in a carefully prepared brew quite delicious Smile

SHroomtroll
#4 Posted : 7/17/2011 1:52:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why no citric acid? i found that using lime juice as a acid helped with taste and nausea.

Also a few spoons of dried ginger mixed in always reduces nausea alot.

Global
#5 Posted : 7/17/2011 2:14:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I just hold my nose when I try to quickly get down the ayahuasca Laughing . If I can't smell it, I can barely taste it...most of the time Rolling eyes
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

christian
#6 Posted : 7/17/2011 4:43:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that by tasting the Ayahuasca fully, you could perhaps build a more intimate connection with her. Go on, drink and savour your Ayahuasca by the teaspoonful, and report back to me when it's over- so then i can try ...Wink
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 7/17/2011 7:33:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Best to reduce it to the smallest amount possible and knock it back in one go... and prepare to dance around for the next five minutes because, yes, it tastes foul enough to make you dance. Twisted Evil

But it is worth it, every single time, I promise. Worst taste in the world, but the absolute best thing you can do for yourself... ever. <3
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#8 Posted : 7/17/2011 7:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ayahuasca is anything but foul in my opinion. Ayahuasca is beautiful and I love the taste. She is very very bitter, but it is not something I would ever call discusting our foul. People often refer to ayahuasca as tasting like jungle rot..I never understood that though personally. Maybe that has more to do with brews containing other admixtures like toe, I cant say. I have never had ayahuasca that tasted like jungle rot though.
Long live the unwoke.

rOm
#9 Posted : 7/17/2011 8:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ash wrote:
What about taste? I've had Kratom tea and it was the worst taste I've ever had. I'm planning Ayahuasca with a few people and I have a feeling if the taste is bad, then it would be a problem. I used to mix chocolate powder and milk with Kratom tea to make it taste not as bad.

I think I just love the taste of kratom resin dissolved in hot water (but agree, better mixed with raw organic chocolate, cinnamon) or well brew without acid, caapi.
It might be that over time the taste is assocciate with some {damaged}goods it makes.

The taste is a poor price to pay to experiment aya.
Otherwise, you can still go and extract the caapi alcaloids ala CosmicLion or gibran2 F.E and some spice fumarate and cap that so you won't taste it.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

christian
#10 Posted : 7/17/2011 9:10:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you truly are grateful and respectful you would savour your Ayahuasca drop by drop, bitterness being nothing but a word describing something that children dislike. For be grateful to have the opportunity to imbibe such a glorious sacrament, and may the gods look upon thee with kindness and understanding for the truth which awaits thee...

-Well either that or "shot" it down in one swift go!!..hahaShocked Wink
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

ragabr
#11 Posted : 7/17/2011 10:46:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really love the taste of caapi brews, as long as they haven't been cooked enough to caramelize. Tannin-binding steps with egg or gelatin help a lot as well. Always low heat for the reductions! Still, do the Ms_Minxx dance each time. Even with vinegar, about 1tbs per litre, the taste isn't bad at all.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

DMTripper
#12 Posted : 7/18/2011 1:12:25 AM

John Murdoch IV

I've only twice had caapi brew and both times with a little vinegar. And I must say I kind of hate the taste. It makes me want to throw up immediately Sad But I think I'd like it a lot more without the vinegar. I find the sour taste makes it worse. Unfortunately I can't get my hands on more caapi to do more experiments Sad
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Wave Rider
#13 Posted : 7/18/2011 9:36:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

christian wrote:
If you truly are grateful and respectful you would savour your Ayahuasca drop by drop, bitterness being nothing but a word describing something that children dislike. For be grateful to have the opportunity to imbibe such a glorious sacrament, and may the gods look upon thee with kindness and understanding for the truth which awaits thee...

-Well either that or "shot" it down in one swift go!!..hahaShocked Wink

I really like this statement. For me Aya tastes like; nothing short of death liquid. But it is so worth every single drop. Unlike beer or wine, one does not drink aya for the taste, nor does one drink aya to get fucked up. One drinks aya to grow as a human and it is worth every last drop of bitterness. There is a huge reward that one may receive at he end, which is completely worth a little bit of nastiness. The taste is petty compared to the rewards gained.

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 7/19/2011 8:16:32 AM

gufyg

ComParatively, Kratom is quite the mild brew. I find a Kratom tea mixed 1:1 with black tea or green tea with just a small bit of honey to be actually delightful (mate is a good thing to mix too). The vine tastes like the amazon, sure, bust it smells like jungle chocolate and really isn't so bad. jurema, on the other hand, fights you every second of the way. Traditionally prepared CWE jurema is a measure easier to handle, so much so that I think I am done with cooking the stuff. I've drank so Harsh brews but mimosa is top at least 3.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

AluminumFoilRobots
#15 Posted : 7/19/2011 8:17:49 AM

gufyg

O and ive used gelatin and when it worked it really did help the brews kicking.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

MelCat
#16 Posted : 7/19/2011 8:20:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
I've only twice had caapi brew and both times with a little vinegar. And I must say I kind of hate the taste. It makes me want to throw up immediately Sad But I think I'd like it a lot more without the vinegar. I find the sour taste makes it worse. Unfortunately I can't get my hands on more caapi to do more experiments Sad

I've been brewing the 4:1 caapi and I gotta say that without vinegar it smells wonderful. As AluminumFoilRobots said, jungle chocolate. Very happy

Very good stuff indeed.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...