We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
It found *me* Options

terrasect
#1 Posted : 7/15/2011 6:04:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexians,

First off, let me thank The Traveller for running such a great board, and let me thank all of its members for making it such an interesting and informative place. I've been lurking here for a while now but I've just decided to register.

In my youth, I was an explorer of cognition. Anything that I found that would alter my mental state I would consume with little question or anxiety, but it was primarily for recreational purposes and to sate my curiosity. Through most of my life, I have had no spiritual or religious leanings, but during my exploration I will admit here to having had a handful of experiences that had shaken me a bit in that respect. I've never really admitted that to anyone. I have now settled in to a calmer life, but have never lost my affinity for psychedelics. On occasion I will still partake in them.

I was recently on a mission to acquire something interesting, and DMT was mentioned. This immediately piqued my interest, as the closest thing I had tried was 5-MeO-DMT. I hadn't thought of nn-DMT in years. I had read many scary things about nn-DMT in the past, and had one particularly horrible overdose of 5-MeO-DMT long ago, so I can't deny some trepidation. I knew I would regret it if I didn't seize the opportunity however. I asked about it, and a price was offered for what amounted to about 40mg. I accepted to what I considered a fair price considering its rarity.

This was several months ago. It is still sitting in its impure, pale orange, waxy form in a drawer in my house. I'd heard in the past that you don't find DMT, but that it finds you when you're ready. Now I'm not a superstitious man, but I found the parallel to be interesting.

I have a wooden VG that seems like it would be perfect. Thanks to the fine posts here at the Nexus for teaching me that, as I was originally considering an oil burner. I just need to get more screens, and load up a bed of oregano or something similar. After reading the correct techniques on this forum, I feel confident as though I can most efficiently use what small amount I have.

I do have a question though. Would you recommend the full 40mg in one experience, or do you think I should separate it in to two? I have had trips in the past that have peaked with full ego loss that induced temporary amnesia upon my return to this reality, but it's been at least 10 years since I've had a psychedelic experience that was anything more than recreational. My thought process is leaning toward dipping my feet in to the puddle, and if the temperature of the water suits me, coming back after a while and filling up a whole swimming pool to dive in to.

What do you all think?
Terrasect: A portmanteau of tessarect and terra Smile

Please take anything I have to say with a grain of salt. I have been known to stretch the truth, or even spout complete fabrications. I participate in this forum for my own personal amusement, and take nothing in life seriously.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 7/17/2011 8:45:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Welcome to the nexus, terrasect.

40mg is not a lot, so if you are looking for a break through you might want to try all of it. Personally I wouldn't recommend starting out that way though... it's just that after you've tested the waters, you probably will want the full experience and then you won't have enough to do it. For this reason you should probably start reading up on extraction teks here soon. They are incredibly easy once you've understood the process, and so very rewarding. You will not have to deal with buying it off the streets, which we do not encourage here (so try not to mention it further). You might find you develop a different relationship to it if you extract it yourself too. Though that's more a matter of mind...

You could try splitting it up in 10mg and 30mg for a test dose and a stronger dose. Depending on your physical constitution and your smoking technique 30mg might already be enough for the full experience. It is for me, but I'm small. If you want to boost your experience you could add harmalas (sublingual or oral administration for example), but that would mean either buying them from a vendor (there are one or two that sell already extracted ones online) or extracting them yourself - which again is easy and IMO fun, but it does take time.

Personally I've never believed in the "you don't find it, it finds you" thing. The moment I decided I wanted to try it was the moment I began making it happen by putting an extraction together. It didn't find me... I didn't find it... But I guess it has a kind of romantic and mystical ring to it to think of it that way and given the nature of the experience I can see how it came to be.

What motivates you to try dmt?
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

terrasect
#3 Posted : 7/17/2011 6:37:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi there Enoon, thank you for the response.

I hadn't considered splitting it in to 10 and 30mg doses, so thanks for the suggestion. I'm honestly not sure how sensitive I would be to it; my sensitivity to psychedelics seems to be highly variable depending upon the day. I am a bigger guy though.

I hadn't thought about DMT in years, so when it was mentioned to me, it reignited my interest in it. When I was most interested in doing it in the past, I was in no position to do any extraction considering the circumstances under which I lived. I do not intend to purchase any DMT from this point onward (I doubt I'll even interact with that guy again, he was pretty sketchy), but that particular event became a catalyst for finding this forum and becoming interested in the extraction process once again. It seems pretty straightforward, and quite fun too. I agree with the general sentiment that this shouldn't be sold... not everyone would be suited for such an experience from what I've read, and irresponsible use would very likely raise the profile on it in a negative way. I also like that you guys collectively flag youtube videos of people doing it, talking about extracting it, etc...

I am motivated to try DMT because I'm very curious as to what it will show me. Unlike most psychedelics, it doesn't seem to take a seed from reality and bend it, but rather pulls it from the ether. Despite all I've read, I intend to attempt to go in to the experience with no expectation.

Do you have any recommendations in regards to the numerous extraction techs? I'm thinking of using the one that includes calcium hydroxide and d-limonene.
Terrasect: A portmanteau of tessarect and terra Smile

Please take anything I have to say with a grain of salt. I have been known to stretch the truth, or even spout complete fabrications. I participate in this forum for my own personal amusement, and take nothing in life seriously.

Enoon
#4 Posted : 7/17/2011 7:54:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I haven't tried all that many teks so far. Mainly I stick to STB teks using either limonene or naphtha. The problem with calcium hydroxide teks is that it doesn't really dissolve well in water so you have to do a dry-tek, and I just have no experience with dry teks, so I can't tell you how well they work. Also, despite the general sentiment here on the forum, I don't like working with limonene all that much because cleaning the final product seems much harder to me, than with naphtha. Of course using petro-chems isn't great either, but for me it works much better and I get a more reliable product in the end. But I'm an exception concerning this. Most people seem to love limonene and have no trouble with it.

For me the STB teks using NaOH and very high-grade naphtha worked well. Next extraction I might try an A/B though - the advantage being that you can extract from larger amounts of bark and reduce the filtered solution quite a bit, so as to work with smaller jars.

If you decide to start an extraction definitely start out with a small amount - 100g Mimosa is a good place to start. It will give you enough product to be happy with for a while and if you botch it, you won't feel too bad...

Hope all goes well, and if you have any more questions just ask, or come in the chat and ask the people there. Usually there's always someone online that can help.

Buena suerte
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

smokerx
#5 Posted : 7/17/2011 8:44:12 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

welcome to the forum Terrasect.

I definitely suggest to start with 100g of powdered MHRB using STB tek. It is very easy and the results are very good. I got 1.8g of spice out of 100g of MHRB. It was my very first extraction. 1.8g of spice will last you for very long time.

Good luck my friend Pleased
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.