We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
(Desmanthus illinoensis) where are you? Options

nen888
#1 Posted : 7/12/2011 5:25:06 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i'm wondering why i'm not hearing a lot of reports of successful DMT explorations with this plant?
Back in the 90s it was all the rage (see Psychedleic Illuminations magazine, Entheogen Review)

There are a few others in this family (Desmanthus pernambucanus, Desmanthus leptolobus),
the latter said to be much richer in tryptamines (see good ol Johnny Appleseed, whatever happened to you? are you in here somewhere?)

Here's a few pics to jolt the memory:...
nen888 attached the following image(s):
240px-Desmanthus_illinoensis_pods.JPG (17kb) downloaded 388 time(s).
DesmanthusIllinoensis040731.jpg (25kb) downloaded 392 time(s).
800px-Starr_080605-6367_Desmanthus_pernambucanus.jpg (73kb) downloaded 391 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Dorge
#2 Posted : 7/12/2011 6:41:00 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Low yeild in comparison to cheap and easily accesable mhrb has spoiled people to alternatives that might even be in their back yard. But the issue has been cultivation VS wildcrafting ease and ultimatelyower yields in comparison to mhrb. Should be able to be a stb with it real easy.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 7/12/2011 9:19:29 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

this looks very promising for those who live where the snow falls.

I would love to see some wonderful nexian(s) working in this area... (hint hint :winkSmile
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

sigmundfreuid
#4 Posted : 7/12/2011 9:51:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

And why is that ?
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

rOm
#5 Posted : 7/12/2011 10:50:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was growing one baby of these until my cat ate it....
Freaking feline knows the herbs... lotuses, mimosa, desmanthus, echinanea... he just loves them too much for me to grow it well.
I guess it's just karma laws !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Dorge
#6 Posted : 7/12/2011 11:23:24 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Bad kitty! My hallucinogenic plants! MINE!

Both of the active demanthus species were planted through out he plains as a foraging plant for cattle extensively by the dept of agriculture. All over the US. that means there's lots of it. There's a need for people to go harvest what's there and put it on the market. Of coarse people aren't Doug that much because of mhrb.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 7/12/2011 11:35:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've heard on other forums and not by way of proof that D. Illinoensis doesn't contain very usable amounts of alkaloids.

It's been suggested that D. Leptolobus would be a more worth while project for the colder climates.

Dorge
#8 Posted : 7/13/2011 2:40:51 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

That's right, trout confirms this.

jamie
#9 Posted : 7/13/2011 2:49:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

i was gorwing illinoensis, but honestly I found mimosa to be a more vigerous plant..and easier to grow. My desmanthus grew alot to a point, and then just sort of stopped and then looked sick. I didint have the room really to dedicate to sick plants becasue I have abotu 13 mimosa's going at the moment, 5 caapi's and a bed of phalaris all indoors, so the desmanthus plants went back to the earth. Desmanthus also contains gramine so anyone planning on using it should be aware of that.
Long live the unwoke.

dreamer042
#10 Posted : 7/13/2011 5:01:47 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

sigmundfreuid wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:

And why is that ?

Because when the snow is falling its gonna rather hard to find a place for all those potted mimosa and acacia trees. Whereas the backyard full of desmanthus will quite happily sprout back up next year.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

nen888
#11 Posted : 9/8/2011 4:14:43 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..thanks for your post dreamer042,

..i recall Appleseed found roughly 50% each DMT and NMT in D. illinoensis (entheogen review c.1993-4),
a post a while back on the Lycaeum said that at certain seasons (maybe fall) there was predominantly nmt, other times dmt..

this plant has a good value in NMT, as well as dmt, research...

amor_fati
#12 Posted : 9/8/2011 7:54:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I've had my sights set on it for a little while and was considering growing it for the benefit of more enlightened times, pending some research I've been scoping (http://annehalonium.blogspot.com/), but even in that case, there's quite a bit of leaning toward M. tenuiflora (though now it would appear that almost all of the posts are missing...strange, maybe she's scrapping the desmanthus stuff). D. Leptolobus seems to be an interesting way to go.

What's needed is to be able to produce the highest number of plants, with the highest possible alkaloid content while feasible to cultivate in most parts of the world. Whatever happens to be choice in that matter, I think hydroponics is probably key to producing enough to make any of it worthwhile. But for mature plants to be harvested, we need to know for sure just how far North, what climate, and during what time of the year it's ok to plant outdoors. If this could be decided outright on the nexus, then the whole community could focus on developing surefire methods with detailed write-ups on how to go about it and what to expect. Grassteks are great, but make the most sense for wild growths and probably better suited as longterm, last ditch efforts, considering the low, impure and inconsistent yields.

D. Leptolobus looks to be the most promising, and if we could apply the philosophy of cultivation displayed here: http://trichocereusforestryservice.blogspot.com/ I think we'd be able to secure a future for the community's most prized entheogen.