We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My First And Maybe Last Ayahuasca Experience. Options

Al Dimentiz
#1 Posted : 7/12/2011 5:01:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Note to the Mods.. This is an aya experience so please feel free to move it if you want to.

My first and maybe last ayahuasca experience. 

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set: Very relaxed
(physical condition) Set: Perfectly Healthy
Setting (location): My Home
time of day: 11:00pm
recent drug use: None
last meal: 12 Hours Ago, Just some fruit and Water

PARTICIPANT
body weight: 66 kg
known sensitivities: none
history of use: first timer

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): Caapi Vine, Spice
Dose(s): 50g, 30mg
Method of administration: caapi Vine Tea, Spice dissolved in OJ, And Lime Juice

EFFECTS

Administration time: Caapi Vine T=11:00pm Spice T=11:10pm
Duration: 3 hours
First effects: 11:10pm
Peak: T=11:20pm-1:00am
Come down: 1:00am - 3:00am
Baseline: 6:00am

Intensity (overall): 4 Extreme
Evaluation / notes:

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: 0
Implesantness: 4
Visual Intensity: Open Eye Visuals 3 Close Eye Visuals 3

AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: 0
Afterglow: 4 Very Happy And Energetic.

1 week before 

After studying a lot about ayahuasca I decided to try it, so I started my diet... I ate Mostly veggies, fruits, bread, fresh chicken breast, fish, and lots of water. Also, zero caffeine, OTC meds, or any other substance for that matter.  

It's amazing how I lost almost 6 lb within 5 days, and at the same time I was feeling great.  
The last 12 hours I fasted. 

Today, Sunday at 11:00pm 

That night I drank my cup of aya 50mg yellow caapi tea, and 10 min later 30mg of spice on a shot glass with OJ and lime while I was listening to Icaros from Tito la Rosa.

11:20pm.... It's when all started!! 
I couldn't move at all, I was paralyzed, couldn't move a finger to save my life. 
While I was listening to the music my body started to vibrate with the beat of the Icaros.
 It was so intense it was overwhelming, there were no visuals at all, just darkness. I was also feeling very hot and cold at the same time, I had chills, and i felt an electrical pulse going thru my body. 

11:40pm That's when I started to panic, even though I studied a lot about aya and knowing that it contains RIMAs and that they are not as dangerous as MAOIs in my head I thought that I was having a fatal reaction, that I was running fever and that I couldn't do anything about it because I couldn't move., 

11:50pm ,At that time I hear some voices in my head, maybe my own I don't know and they told me to just let go, that everything was going to be ok, they also told me to surrender, but I just couldn't do that because I don't like that word "surrender" 

12:00am Then I hear my inner voice telling me "you are really dying right now just give up" so for a second I Curdled into a fetal position and I was like ok, so this is how it ends. Then, I saw flashes if the aftermath; the paramedics picking up my body, the cops asking questions to my wife, the funeral, even the picture they place on top of my coffin.

Then a second later I remember that being on a fetal position was sign of surrender, so I sat back up and I started to concentrate on my breathing and all the meditation techniques I had study on the past. 

12:20 am . 
La Purga begins. 

I was ready ,to get all that medicine out of my body so I pleadge for it, and I got what I ask for.

To me vomiting isn't a big deal, so my black bucket was my best friend for the next 30 minutes, and while I was throwing up I could see my fears being expelled from my body, and faces of demons coming out of my mouth and into the bucket. After that I felt a lot better, I could start moving a little bit. 

Thanks God my Beautiful wife and sitter was at my side helping me and assuring me that everything was ok, she told me that my temperature was fine, my heart rate was fine, ,that I was ok and that help me a lot to go thru the reminder of the dream. 

12:45am finally I finish puking all I had to puke, I don't know from where all that junk came from, but it was a lot of garbage!!!! 

1:00am 

It's finally wearing off, now I can move more, and I can hold a conversation with my wife about what happen, and I told her that I would think it 100 times before I do aya again. Thats unless I want to feel like dying again.

6:00am 

The lesson.

I learn to be great full  to all the people around me, my family, my friends, and specially my wife. To keep a healthy life style, and to value of LIFE not matter what and to not take anything for granted. 

The next day; 

From the moment I started my diet to this day, I lost 10 lb, I feel fantastic, my depression disappear, and I'm just very happy., 

I know I said yesterday that I would never take aya again, but I really would like to work with it on the future, maybe at lower dosages. But It'll be a while before I try it again.

Thank you.

"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 7/12/2011 7:29:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing!

That sounds like a powerful, and spot-on first experience. I'm glad to hear you're feeling well after! Not all experiences are necessarily as physically grueling, but there always exists the possibility that they MAY be (so it's best to go prepared and not take anything lightly!).

When I first started drinking, I drank several times at a low dose and slowly increased the amount of vine by 10g increments... it really helped me find a sweet spot. With a bit of experimenting, you may also find a dose that's not as sickening but still useful.

Welcome back. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

christian
#3 Posted : 7/12/2011 8:58:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gee, your trip report sounds similar to those people i met when travelling in India, "It was interesting, but never again!!!!"

- Those same people cannot somehow resist RETURNING!!!!Shocked Razz Shocked Razz Wink Very happy
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

byallmeansart
#4 Posted : 7/12/2011 10:10:29 PM

EET MOAR PHARMA~*

Sound like a pretty intense experience. Don't write off the 'huasca forever though, just because your initial contact with it wasn't entirely positive. Just like you said, you're feeling better overall and have gained a new appreciation for life. It's my opinion that the more ayahuasca experiences you have under your belt, the more difficult it is to have a negative experience. I had a pretty grueling, intense, cleansing experience about a week ago, probably the second highest dose of DMT I've ever taken, but as soon as I surrendered myself to the entities, everything was perfect.

Either way, happy exploring!
I am seriously making all of this stuff up. No, really.

Agave
#5 Posted : 7/13/2011 12:21:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep, sounds like an aya journey. Glad you you didn't succumb to the fetal position, very brave of you.

I must say that my first two full blown journeys were incredibly deep and transformational in a good way. The last seven or eight have been less than inspiring, yet I keep coming back hoping to just get a taste of what I experienced those first two times.

Thanks for sharing.
As Within, So Without.

Al Dimentiz
#6 Posted : 7/13/2011 3:53:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for your warm replies.

It's Tuesday now and I'm still assimilating what happen that night. But I can catalog that experience into the 2nd most intense of my life, the first being my first full DMT breakthrough, and the 3rd being skydiving. But the Ayahuasca trip was the most physically grueling ever par none.

Quote:
When I first started drinking, I drank several times at a low dose and slowly increased the amount of vine by 10g increments... it really helped me find a sweet spot. With a bit of experimenting, you may also find a dose that's not as sickening but still useful.

You are right, I guess 50g of vine was too much to start, next time I'm just going to follow your advise and start with 10g them 20g and so on until I find that sweet spot. It's just that silly me, after doing my research I really thought that 50g of caapi vine was a standard beginners dose. I bet the entities were mocking me for trying to be so deep into their domainsLaughing Very happy .

Quote:
Yep, sounds like an aya journey. Glad you you didn't succumb to the fetal position, very brave of you.

You know.... I really don't know if I was brave, or a coward for not letting go and trust the medicine, but in my head I really thought that if I surrender I was really going to die. I remember that I had flashbacks from my late pets that after old age I saw them die and the first thing the do before giving up is to curdled on a fetal position and just fall sleep and never wake up. So on the future even if I get to trust the medicine I will remained on a seated or other meditation position. And it's not that I don't know that Aya is safe, it's just a precautionLaughing
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

Jugdish Jugemu
#7 Posted : 7/24/2011 6:11:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Al Dimentiz wrote:

Quote:

You know.... I really don't know if I was brave, or a coward for not letting go and trust the medicine, but in my head I really thought that if I surrender I was really going to die. I remember that I had flashbacks from my late pets that after old age I saw them die and the first thing the do before giving up is to curdled on a fetal position and just fall sleep and never wake up. So on the future even if I get to trust the medicine I will remained on a seated or other meditation position. And it's not that I don't know that Aya is safe, it's just a precautionLaughing

Awesome wisdom. Thank you for passing it on!