We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Acacia confusa STB Options

cytokinesis420
#1 Posted : 7/11/2011 12:59:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently there has been a lot of discussion about whether or not Acacia confusa is a good MHRB alternative; some people have reported doing extractions and yeilding NO dmt at all, while others had mild success getting a yellow oil but no crystals. I believe that the problem wasn't the extraction they did, they werent using ROOT BARK, it seems most of these vendors are just selling the regular bark or "bark from the bottom of the tree" which is not the same as the root bark, there is a huge difference in potency!

Since i have completed many successful extractions with ACRB, i decided to write this tek to help guide those who havent worked with this active new material. It is crucial that you have real acacia confusa root bark, dont waste your money or time if its regular bark because it wont work!

Acacia confusa STB

Materials:
1 Kg ACRB
1.5 cups of lye
(2) 1 gallon water jugs
1.9 L naptha
2/3 teaspoons sodium carbonate
2 quart-sized mason jars
2 plastic bins (5 gal capacity at least)

Cut bark into pieces, put in blender until completely shredded.

Add 1.5 cups of sodium hydroxide to one gallon tap water, add slowly and stir (wearing goggles and gloves) until completely dissolved, pour into container with bark, add just enough so that you can stir it

Add 1.9L of naptha into mix and stir well

Let sit for at least 3 days stirring occasionaly for best results

Decant off the naptha into another container, decant again into a gallon water jug using a funnel, decant again into another gallon jug, continue until you have removed all of the base soup and only have naptha left, let settle for 15 min, decant into another jug if stuff has settled on the bottom

Add 1/3 teaspoon of sodium carbonate into 300ml distilled water, stir until fully dissolved, add to gallon jug with naptha, shake hard 3 times, let settle 10 min, decant naptha into clean jug (I recommend repeating this step one more time and letting it settle for at least 20 min)

Pour into quart sized mason jars that are clean and dry, put into freezer on highest setting for 3 days

Pour out naptha until it is barely dripping then put back into freezer upside down to let the remaining naptha drip out, let sit for at least one hour before removing from freezer

Quickly remove the jar from the freezer keeping it upside down, remove the lid and scrape the crystals that are stuck to the bottom and sides of the glass onto a glass baking dish, tilt the dish as much as possible to let the excess naptha drain off while the crystals dry, dont put a fan or any heat near it

Within a day the crystals should be dry and ready to smoke. Some of them may have melted into yellow goo which is nothing to worry about its just as active just not as pretty, but if you let it dry for long enough it turns into semi-crystalline amber

Take your remaining naptha and pour it back into your base soup, use a container with a large surface area so that the naptha evaporates while it extracts, mark the level when you put it in and take it out when half of the naptha has evaporated, hopefully its been in for at least a week

Repeat the decanting, washing and crystallization steps as before, this should be the larger yield!

Thats basically it, i will add some tips and extras soon. I have produced pure white n,n-dmt crystals that looked like refined sugar using this method. More commonly it gives me clumps of yellow crystals that kind of turn into flakes when scrapped up and bagged. It has a pleasant perfumey smell like roses and smokes very well leaving no residue behind. This tree is definately very active and easy to work with, i highly recommend it if you can find a good source.

Good luck!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

christian
#2 Posted : 7/11/2011 4:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why the sodium carbonate, isn't sodium hydroxide and naptha enough??
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

nen888
#3 Posted : 7/12/2011 2:41:54 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i suspect the yellow is NMT. Am really looking forward to endlessness's TLC, and tests of different plant parts, more reports.
cytokinesis420 wrote
Quote:
there is a huge difference in potency!

but is there a difference in subjective quality of the other parts of the plant?
Has anyone tried the leaves? (A. maidenii can be better in the leaves than bark or root bark)

thanks for your report...

cytokinesis420
#4 Posted : 7/12/2011 2:48:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
..i suspect the yellow is NMT. Am really looking forward to endlessness's TLC, and tests of different plant parts, more reports.

Actually the yellow is dmt-oxide and its a by product of the reaction. I think u would have to use xylene or something else to pull the nmt which i thought about but havent tried yet. They say nmt doesnt really do anything but if u combined it with dmt there could be some synergy..

Dorge
#5 Posted : 7/12/2011 2:50:25 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

It would seem just straight up stb would the trick right?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

cytokinesis420
#6 Posted : 7/12/2011 2:51:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh ya and from the other things ive read i dont think there is anything in the leaves, the seeds have some kind of toxic alkaloid i cant remember the name of, and the bark has a very small amount of dmt and nmt, the root is def where its at!

cytokinesis420
#7 Posted : 7/12/2011 2:53:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
It would seem just straight up stb would the trick right?

Yea its just a straight to base, theres a couple tips and tricks im gona add but really its the same thing. Just wanted to reassure people it works

nen888
#8 Posted : 7/12/2011 3:12:57 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

cytokinesis420 wrote
Quote:
They say nmt doesnt really do anything but if u combined it with dmt there could be some synergy..

see entheogenic effects of NMT...

also, the yellow may be the oxide, but also see: yellow oil DMT-N-Oxide orally active?

great fun to try and piece together all the bits of data...

Dorge
#9 Posted : 7/12/2011 6:33:25 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

The bark itself is used in tea form with rue by psychonaughts in Taiwan, the group even has their own FB page. I believe the ACRB wiki here has a link to it. The root bark is actually active orally in a water infusion alone.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

cytokinesis420
#10 Posted : 7/12/2011 9:01:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
cytokinesis420 wrote
Quote:
They say nmt doesnt really do anything but if u combined it with dmt there could be some synergy..

see entheogenic effects of NMT...

also, the yellow may be the oxide, but also see: yellow oil DMT-N-Oxide orally active?

great fun to try and piece together all the bits of data...

This interests me very much as so far ive been assuming the yellow oil in my extractions was just dmt-oxide but after reading more it seems very plausible it could be nmt. When i would take the crystals out of the freezer and scrape them onto a dish, i tilt the dish because some of the crystals would melt and pool into the corner, i thought this was just left over naptha but it shouldnt have been since i had let all of the naptha drain off when the jar was upside down in the freezer. when i did the seperation correctly i had the white crystals that looked like sugar and the yellow oil that pooled in the corner. When i let the yellow oil dry for a couple days it started turning into a amber like substance; when i scraped it up it hardened into dark yellow globs. Perhaps i was able to seperate the two because the nmt has a lower melting temp and drains off first? Does nmt have a lower melting temp than dmt? I need to read more about this...

rOm
#11 Posted : 7/12/2011 9:07:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just got ACRB 100grams.
Have yet to decide whic tek/solvents I'd use to extract it.
I'll keep you updated.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

justine
#12 Posted : 7/12/2011 11:02:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
Just got ACRB 100grams.
Have yet to decide whic tek/solvents I'd use to extract it.
I'll keep you updated.

You should try an A/B with d-limo, yes you can! Smile
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

rOm
#13 Posted : 7/12/2011 12:07:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My d-limo is old/used.
I might try it thought.

justine
#14 Posted : 7/12/2011 1:10:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
My d-limo is old/used.
I might try it thought.

You might try to clean up your d-limo with acidic water, i've heard HCL works fine for this purpose Smile
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

rOm
#15 Posted : 7/12/2011 1:39:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

coz he tainted yellow... But good idea I'll clean it up and the good ol' BLAB on ACRB !!!!

DoingKermit
#16 Posted : 7/12/2011 10:57:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ Do it! I am very curious as to the different approaches and results done on the acacia root bark in question. I don't wanna jump the gun here, but it may be the new mimosa for UK citizens Smile

rOm
#17 Posted : 7/12/2011 11:12:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hahah I do it for you then UK citizen !
I might as well become again part of this BIG OLE BABYLONE-DONE !

cytokinesis420
#18 Posted : 7/13/2011 2:22:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BLAB yeiled more yellow crystals/goo (more oxide or NMT), STB gave more white crystals (n,n-dmt)

BLAB required more washing, the naptha was an orange color before freeze precip and made mainly yellow crystals

STB the naptha was yellow and made mainly white crystals..

Is there a solvent we could use to only pull the nmt? Like xylene or something else?

Orion
#19 Posted : 7/21/2011 8:53:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeilds?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Dorge
#20 Posted : 7/21/2011 9:43:13 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Is the first above post enough lye for a kilo of bark?

12NEXT