We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV4567NEXT
The Tao of Rue Extraction Options

evil804
#101 Posted : 6/21/2012 10:00:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pictures do them no justice, they are quite stunning in person. they shimmer like diamonds in the light casting hints of green and purple as the light refracts of them! i was planning on basing back to freebase, but they are so beautiful in this form i dont think ill be able to convert them back to a bland light tan powder.

any ideas on how to remove any salt leftover from the manske? i am one of those who gets dimished effects from salty foods before an oral DMT experience, so i really want to ensure that i have no salt in my harmalas. is there something salt is soluble in but the harmala salts are not, or vice versa?

i was thinking of taking some water, adding salt at the usual 1 gram/10 ml, then sticking it in the fridge for a few days. after that, ill decant/filter any salt that came out, then take that water and dissolve my harmala fumarates in that water and let the hopefully salt free harmalas precip out. my logic is if any salt were to fall out at the low temp of the fridge, it would do it in the first few days in there before i added the harmalas.

after this harmala precip, i would add a base to the remaining manske water that may have some straggler harmalas, and collect freebases to add to my stash of freebase harmalas. this would ensure i have salt free fumarates and did not leave any harmalas behind in the manske water after the precip.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MelCat
#102 Posted : 6/21/2012 10:28:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds pretty reasonable, hopefully it still enough to push the harmalas out of the solution.

It's worth trying out. Just make sure to start with a known freebase weight before you start so you can compare the differences once it's all said and done.

Thank you for all your contributions Smile
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

AluminumFoilRobots
#103 Posted : 6/23/2012 9:47:18 AM

gufyg

hey so I posted this in the harmala pectin thread, but I thought I put it here for more feedback. I was working on this TEK, having done it once before a few weeks ago, but having my ~half a gram of mixed harmalas poisoned by RAID... so I did another, somewhat larger extraction. I did 3x30 minute acidified boils, and filtered for maybe an hour through cotton balls and then around 6 coffee filters before reducing and putting it through two more coffee filters. However, there was some gunk that precipitated from the reduction, and though some of it filtered out I think 2 filters after the reduction wasn't enough. I moved on to basification, and made my sodium hydroxide solution. I added it in, and the alkaloids started precipitating but they didn't crash to the bottom... they just formed in lots of little layers up and down the container. I let it sit in the fridge overnight to see if that would help but it didn't.
The next day I added more sodium hydroxide solution, but that didn't help either. I was now working with the one thing I dreaded working with - a large extremely basic soup. I transferred it to another larger container, and in doing so noticed that it was the consistency of jello and that is why the alkaloid aren't precipitating properly. So I'm actually working with a largeish amount of caustic jello. great.

Is there anything I can do about this? Someone advised me to dilute it bit by bit, but I didn't really understand what they were saying and they haven't replied back yet (not talking sh*t or anything! Smile ) Has anyone had something like this go down before with their Tao of Rue?

Please help there's a bunch of harmalas that need to be saved!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

evil804
#104 Posted : 6/23/2012 6:24:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some dried fumaric acid manske precips. tried out 225 mgs with some san pedro resin this morning, dissolved instantly with no solids left behind. Tasted awful, but no saltiness or fumaric acid tart flavor so i am pretty confident of the purity. Very light and fluffy, nice sparkle under the sun. so much more attractive than the sandy looking freebase. definitely effective, my underwhelming cactus dose from last month has me exactly where i want to be with the harmalas addded in to the same batch of material.

cool trick i discovered on accident - i decanted water off, and poured the wet harmalas out on a pyrex dish. i found if i compacted the pile together, i could put a medicine dropper in the center, push down till it hit the glass, and draw up moisture from the whole batch without drawing any harmalas into the dropper! you could watch the moisture being pulled out of the entire pile, like the waves leaving the sand! Each time i would get a few ML of salt water, pack everything tight again, then draw some more salt water, over and over until it was pretty much dry! Great way to minimize salt in the end product.

i kept all the water from the manske and this drying trick, washed all containers and filters with FASW, based everything, and have probably another 10-15% of the yield in freebase form now as well.

MelCat
#105 Posted : 6/23/2012 6:52:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful stuff evil and handy trick for getting the extra salt water out. It makes sense.

Aluminum - Sorry you're having such a rough time with it. Someone else said something about not needing to filter so much before basing but I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

The first thing that comes to mind is to split the rue jello between two large containers and dilute it with some fresh water. Hopefully the added water will allow the alkaloids to settle. You could also set it somewhere with some agitation like a dryer or subwoofer. That will also help the alks to settle.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

AluminumFoilRobots
#106 Posted : 6/24/2012 6:50:47 AM

gufyg

MelCat: I did this and they've been sitting for maybe a hour. One has settled, but the other has not. I'm going to let it sit for the night and try to filter it tomorrow. It will probably be a job to pull off as it is jello...!

evil: that looks awesome! next time I resolve with some alkaloids I'm going to take the HCl. the freebase gave some pretty bad nausea. But it could have been the poison
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

AluminumFoilRobots
#107 Posted : 6/26/2012 9:15:24 AM

gufyg

I think I may have succeeded! I split the jello and diluted with fresh water about 1:1. As I said, one half the alks dropped and the other didn't. I tried to save them by filtering them out, but it wasn't happening. So I was pretty frustrated and just out of desperation thought maybe I could just add lots of vinegar and they would just dissolve and I could salt them. They didn't dissolve, but strangely enough adding hot vinegar made the alkaloids instantly drop to the bottom!

So I decanted the liquids and salted them (it's in the fridge as we speak) and tried to redissolve the freebase harmalas but didn't have enough vinegar left so I just used lemon juice as I couldn't see any reason not to. Well there wasn't enough lemon juice to dissolve them fully, so I have a pot with half-dissolved mixed Harmalas HCl and freebase harmalas... will go get vinegar tomorrow, but I should ask now I guess - is it ok to mix the acids? Does it make a difference if I am going to be freebasing them again in the next step? Or should I stick with the lemon juice? I probably should have asked if lemon juice would work... I could have just really messed up my extraction that I am so close to saving!

BTW... the harmalas that wouldn't precipitate properly kinda looked like curdled milk or something... like really goopy and in weird looking floaty clumps... has anyone seen this go down before? It was really strange and all I can think is that I didn't filter enough after reducing... but the brew was clean, it looked very close to the one in the TEK's pictures. Oh well, I think I've almost snatched victory from the jaws of defeat! *knock on wood!*
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

AluminumFoilRobots
#108 Posted : 6/26/2012 9:07:29 PM

gufyg

The salting attempt yielded some kind of precipitate, but it just isn't the amber HCl needles that I recognize from my previous (somewhat successful) attempt at harmala extraction. It honestly looks more like... freebase again? That doesn't really make much sense, so I am starting to wonder if these big gunky clumps of stuff aren't harmalas at all but rather... something else I guess? But I won't be able to tell until I decant the liquid off and get a good look at them... I cant remember if any citric acid made its way into that salting... I was doing lots of extraction from like 10pm to around 3 in the morning last night. Could coming from citric acid make citrate crystals that look like freebase?

There really is a Tao to Rue extraction.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

MelCat
#109 Posted : 6/26/2012 9:20:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, it's hard to tell what's going on with your extraction. I've never used citric acid for extracting rue, so I'm not sure if that is causing issues or not. It doesn't seem like it would but you never know with these things.

I'd suggest trying to redissolve everything into some fresh vinegar, filter the hell out of it and then try either the manske or basing again. Sounds like you're making progress though, so don't give up!

AluminumFoilRobots
#110 Posted : 6/27/2012 5:04:21 AM

gufyg

So I shouldn't have declared victory before I had the results...

I just spent the last two hours attempting to pull this off. I decanted as much as I could, and put it in a pot of nearly-boiling water and vinegar. When I did this it turned green. Like bile green Sick darker than the sick smily. I was like wtf and added more vinegar until it was 1:1 vinegar and water, or close to it. I didn't know what to do so I just let it sit nearly boiling for maybe half an hour, which didn't change much.

I was like DAMN and decided to just try manskeing the harmine/harmaline out. I saturated with salt and it is sitting right now. There was some activity, stuff seemingly precipitating... but it's still floating on top...

I'm brainstorming for what this could be... What would make the FB harmalas precipitate but be floating on top, and then after an acid and basing... make it GREEN?!

Gah! What a failure!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

TOXSIN
#111 Posted : 4/27/2013 11:30:43 AM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

I add lye solution it started turning white(milky) for a second I thought then nothing... added more... nothing... added more nothing,I'm border line almost more lye used in this than for a 250G MHRB extract... so I'm kinda concerned.... any help please I have no PH paper as a guide...Sad
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

TOXSIN
#112 Posted : 4/27/2013 11:31:32 AM

...SO after typing this I have some weird looking shit... looks like diahrea with brown water on top.... does this sound accurate so far....? :S

After much reading I found something similar in the caapi extract..

That's about what I've got right now...
But much browner water on top layer I have it sitting on a subwoofer to let sediment settle....

Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

TOXSIN
#113 Posted : 4/27/2013 11:55:54 AM

Orion wrote:
I have some nice needles growing now, also this is my arm (harmala solution under uv):

ANd my arm looked very similar to this lmao, last two days I've been working on 250G MH extract, blue lotus/acetone extract, damiana/acetone extract, and also a calea zacetechichi/acetone extract, and finally an LSA extract.... + THIS RUE THAT IS GIVING ME SO MANY ISSUES LOL! 6 Projects all at once prolly not a good idea...

Jees
#114 Posted : 4/27/2013 11:59:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please be careful with lye!

TOXSIN
#115 Posted : 4/27/2013 12:04:54 PM

Jees wrote:
When adding slowly lye (continuous stirring) and it stops getting more white, just add a tad more lye and then stop.
Your precips look alright, the color of liquid too. Let is settle for like 12 hours and get rid of the top liquid layer only without disturbing the sediment. Warning, it is lye heavy!!!

That pic wasn't my extract just a similar looking one! lol but yeah I let it sit on a subwoofer for a bit like an hour an it hugely increased speed of seperation I started pulling liquid off top with turkey baster, and started to disturb the sediment so I stopped and put back on subwoofer to continue seperation I kept the basified liquid as well as per other notes I was reading showing you could get even more pulled out. But the thing was my solution never turned milky... like at all LOL just barely for a second it like went from dark chocolate to semi lighter chocolate colored like 1 shade difference maybe but then within 5 mins all this stuff started dropping so I figured I was doing alright....

TOXSIN
#116 Posted : 4/27/2013 12:20:20 PM

Now after adding hot vinegar I should be seeing the stuff settle to the bottom again like I did when I basified it right? but this time I want to keep the water, as the solids that drop this time is plant wax/material/NaoH, right?

boogerz
#117 Posted : 4/27/2013 12:36:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes the vinegar should dissolve harmalas and you should be left with plant material & stuff that needs to be filtered OUT

take a look at my pics maybe they can be of help
pics
good luck!

TOXSIN
#118 Posted : 4/27/2013 12:47:46 PM

Thanks I will keep looking back and forth at these as well as the tek thanks so much guys, sucks learning new things like this but fun at the same time, def more so fun with people that are knowledgeable around to help though!

TOXSIN
#119 Posted : 4/27/2013 1:01:05 PM

Currently I'm filtering the solids out of the acid water. I left some basified water in there I could tell as there was 3 layers 1 kinda tan (assuming acid layer on top) then a dark brown layer like the basified water(very thin line) and then there was the sediment at the bottom, is this ok? Or have I messed up?

And lmfao at how fast dubstep on my subwoofermakes this stuff settle.... Very happy Every time I stir it up a bit by accident by moving it or decanting within 5-10 mins the sub has it back to settled. Very happy

TOXSIN
#120 Posted : 4/27/2013 5:36:29 PM

I added all that salt and nothing is forming.... just more junk that fell to the bottom some that stayed at top but when moved to fridge the top layer fell to bottom like sediment.... definitely no crystals after manske though any ideas?

«PREV4567NEXT