We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
The Tao of Rue Extraction Options

MelCat
#1 Posted : 7/11/2011 9:39:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This tek has been added to the Wiki so it will be easier to maintain and can be updated by other members should the need arise.

The Tao of Rue Extraction
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

bongz
#2 Posted : 7/11/2011 9:52:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no manske?

MelCat
#3 Posted : 7/11/2011 10:43:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The manske is being done when you add the saturated salt solution in steps 6 and 9.

When you add a salt solution instead of saturating the entire solution, the alks come out way purer.

MelCat
#4 Posted : 7/12/2011 12:12:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Updated a bit.. More still to come.

Orion
#5 Posted : 7/12/2011 1:33:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent work. Basing now.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

MelCat
#6 Posted : 7/12/2011 2:07:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:
Excellent work. Basing now.

Sweet man, keep me posted on how it turns out.

jamie
#7 Posted : 7/12/2011 2:17:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I love the big long needle point crytals..nice job! I love waking up and seeing them in the jar...I love rue extractions!
Long live the unwoke.

bongz
#8 Posted : 7/12/2011 5:56:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
The manske is being done when you add the saturated salt solution in steps 6 and 9.

When you add a salt solution instead of saturating the entire solution, the alks come out way purer.

well then you may want to add salt to the list of supplies.

MelCat
#9 Posted : 7/12/2011 6:00:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bongz wrote:
Melodic Catastrophe wrote:

well then you may want to add salt to the list of supplies.

Good point. Thanks mate Very happy

MelCat
#10 Posted : 7/12/2011 7:20:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I love the big long needle point crytals..nice job! I love waking up and seeing them in the jar...I love rue extractions!

Thanks Very happy

Yeah, it's definitely a rewarding feeling when they come out so sharp looking.

Before I came up with this method I was starting to hate doing rue extractions. Doing it like this makes the whole process a lot more streamlined.

Orion
#11 Posted : 7/13/2011 12:40:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some nice needles growing now, also my hands are glowing blue under UV.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Mydriasis
#12 Posted : 7/13/2011 12:49:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool we almost do it the same way, in the tek I wrote I stated there is no need to reduce, and adding base then decanting was sufficient. This also allows for a lot less filtering, and a manske can be done in minimal amounts of acidified water...
It's been fun. Thanks for all the wisdom.

Apoc
#13 Posted : 7/13/2011 5:43:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeeeeeeah, that is one fine looking rue extraction...... WHY DOESN'T MINE LOOK LIKE THAT!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!!!!!!

MelCat
#14 Posted : 7/13/2011 5:46:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
Yeeeeeeah, that is one fine looking rue extraction...... WHY DOESN'T MINE LOOK LIKE THAT!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!!!!!!

It's all about getting that tea as clean as humanly possible! Very happy

plumsmooth
#15 Posted : 7/17/2011 3:25:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why, may I ask, would one want the final basification to be with Sodium Carbonate instead of Salt?

Does this end up leaving less of a residue; or is it more desirable as a residue than Salt?

MelCat
#16 Posted : 7/17/2011 3:45:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I prefer freebase alks because they are more versatile in general. You can use them sublingually as they are, use them for changa, vape them by themselves or use them orally. Freebase also gives the true yield at the end.

With salting the alks out and leaving them as an HCL salt, there is bound to be some level of salt contamination though if you get the solution totally clean and use the Phulx- manske instead of saturating the solution, I'm sure it would be minimal.

With the HCL salts the only benefit is oral consumption. I just prefer to keep my options open.

Edit: And as far as the end product, both, the salt and freebase are totally dry, free of any residue.

plumsmooth
#17 Posted : 7/19/2011 4:11:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you saying you only need 1/2 the salt quantity that the original full saturation Manske calls for.

That would also make for a good experiment to determine how much less salt contamination using 1/2 the amount of salt would lead to.

Also, if you are using straight Vinegar to dissolve your FB, when re-dissolving Manske doesn't even need Acid, then I am now guessing that to get all of the Harmalas to precipitate when re-Manske-ing, maybe only 1/3 of the amount of salt for full saturation is necessary?

Thanks...

MelCat
#18 Posted : 7/19/2011 5:19:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With this method, if you have 400ml of clean rue solution, you'd add another 400ml of piping hot, filtered, saturated salt solution to your rue solution. Once that cools, provided your initial rue solution was clean enough, it should give you some nice crystals within an hour of cooling.

So far what does come out is quite beautiful so I doubt that there is much contamination.

I'm not sure if using 1/3 of the salt would be enough to get all of the alks to precipitate out. I'm still not 100% sure that all of the alks precip out with 1/2 the salt. Some more experimentation is definitely in order.

I never weighed the total yield from this but it has definitely surpassed all of my other extractions by far.

The Day Tripper
#19 Posted : 7/23/2011 6:43:13 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Just tried this method with a lb of rue seeds. Got to say thanks MC, works like a charm. Currently waiting for the rest of my FB alkaloids to crash out so i can manske them. I tried to mankse a small portion of my inital tea to compare it with a manske after a koh fb and fumaric water dissolve. The first manske sucked major, and hardly crashed anything out after 1 day in the fridge. Followed the same method for both manskes 1:1 saturated salt/tea, and it seems its much more efficient after clearing out all the other crap dissolved in the initial tea. I eventually aborted the crap manske and just fb'ed it with the rest if my tea. My sec. Manske was performed after filtering a portion of my basic precipitates (but not near all) and dissolving in fumaric water vs. vinegar. This time it was beautiful 1/2cm shard crystals from top to bottom very thick. Similar to your pics, but much more thick, spread out and fluffy chunks. Never had a manske come out like this, way to go for figuring out this method to get very pure harmala's at a super-value.

I will never buy purified harmalas again (sorry floweringvisions :winkSmile, and with the looks of how much fb alkaloids crashed out, i may not have to buy a $40 pound of rue seeds for a few years.

I also plan to turn some of my harmalas into various salt forms. Will try to remember to report back with the results and yeild.

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

MelCat
#20 Posted : 7/23/2011 6:58:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome man! I'm glad that it worked out for ya.

I'm going to try the fumaric acid approach instead of vinegar as well. I love how the fumaric acid doesn't stink at all. Thanks for trying that out with the fumaric acid and the heads up that it works. I'd really like to see those crystals you're talking about. I wonder if you could get crystals from citric acid as well? Some more experiments need to be done, for sure.

123NEXT»