We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Snorting DMT DOES work and it works very well!!!! Options

SWIMfriend
#21 Posted : 7/10/2011 8:44:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder what sniffing (or dropping liquid into the nose) would be like as far as burning? All it would take is a dose of freebase dissolved in the minimum number of drops of vinegar (probably only 10 drops or so) to find out...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

justine
#22 Posted : 7/10/2011 8:44:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about the "drip" ? I once snorted 15mg 5-meo-dmt HCL and the drip was really terrible, I wouldn't do that again...
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

justine
#23 Posted : 7/10/2011 8:45:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:
SWIMfriend wrote:
So...if snorting works, then sublingual should work too--at least you could avoid the burning.

It should I'm gonna try it soon.

Problem is, I dont think FB is soluable in saliva so how does the dmt dissolve and get in there?

Same issue as with snorting, If snorting dmt freebase worked for you it should be MUCH better with dmt fumarate since it's water soluble.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

۩
#24 Posted : 7/10/2011 8:46:46 PM

justine wrote:
What about the "drip" ? I once snorted 15mg 5-meo-dmt HCL and the drip was really terrible, I wouldn't do that again...

For me, since DMT is endogenous, I love the taste and feel of this chemical in pretty much every way. Some people can take it this way while others find it extremely irritable. I think it all depends on the person.

Ice House
#25 Posted : 7/10/2011 8:48:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

fractal enchantment wrote:
Smoking it is too fast to find any relevance in half of the time that I do it..so it is like a gamble..oral is never like that for me. I think snuffing for a 45 minute experience would be great.

I agree fractal. Vaping has lost it luster for me in many ways. The duration is too short.

the efects IME were unlike smoking and not like pharma it had its own little thing going on.

I loved it. I am a person withan anxious past. Thes route is perfect IMO
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Ice House
#26 Posted : 7/10/2011 8:53:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
I wonder what sniffing (or dropping liquid into the nose) would be like as far as burning? All it would take is a dose of freebase dissolved in the minimum number of drops of vinegar (probably only 10 drops or so) to find out...

If I may offer som advice here

Just powderize it. Dont finely chop it. Powderize it make it into a line and RAIL IT!

Dont think about it dont mix vinager in it. Just do it. It is unpleasant at first. but then...

Just keep it simple and rail it.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

tele
#27 Posted : 7/10/2011 9:53:18 PM
Explorer

HEY! WAIT A SECOND!

Are you absolutely serious going on recommending people to try snorting DMT just because you had a blast on your experience? I strongly feel that there has to be some more research to the effects, side-effects and damages it might cause to the user. Saying, go ahead, I had a blast, isn't the smartest way to do this. Someone who knows anatomy and chemistry should look into this.
Vaping spice does no damage to the user, so before one wants to extend the experience by snorting it, one should really know if there is a risk or not, for certain

endlessness
#28 Posted : 7/10/2011 9:59:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ I agree! Its important to notice ice house is experienced using this route of administration for other substances in his life. So first of all it might be much more painful for others who are less experienced. If you will try, start with lower quantities.

Also, we do not know what kind of damage to the nasal septum this can cause. In the very least have a sterile saline solution to wash your nasal cavities afterwards. Maybe snorting salt form (lke fumarate) is less damaging, maybe not. At this point we dont know much. Proceed with prudence.

Ice House
#29 Posted : 7/10/2011 10:21:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
HEY! WAIT A SECOND!

Are you absolutely serious going on recommending people to try snorting DMT just because you had a blast on your experience? I strongly feel that there has to be some more research to the effects, side-effects and damages it might cause to the user. Saying, go ahead, I had a blast, isn't the smartest way to do this. Someone who knows anatomy and chemistry should look into this.
Vaping spice does no damage to the user, so before one wants to extend the experience by snorting it, one should really know if there is a risk or not, for certain

I totally agree you are right.

My whole point in putting this post up is that the QUESTION about this route of ingestion comes up all the time. The answers that are given I now know are BS.

This route works and it works great.

ADULTS who read this can do whatever they want.

I AM DAMN SURE NO ROLE MODEL!!!!!!!LOL HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ice House
#30 Posted : 7/10/2011 10:32:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I just did a line that was 50 mg it worked great.

its not a breakthrough dose. Its very mild. I have been feeling the effects full on now for about 40 minutes. I wont repeat this dosage.

I think that, for me, 50 mg is the lowest dosage.

That is all! lol

PS

KIDS, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! THERE ARE UNKNOWN HEALTH RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TYPE OF USAGE.

Ice House
#31 Posted : 7/10/2011 10:53:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
HEY! WAIT A SECOND!

After thinking about this post a moment I couldnt resist.

Who is going to do the research?

I never told others to do it.

Vaping spice does no damage to the user? PROVE IT.
Most people who smoke DMT are not properly vaping it and they are combining it with other herbs that are smoked and those herbs have unknown health risks. we dont really know what the by products of combustion are with most all of what we mix into changa
Dont go suggesting that its OK to vape DMT and its safe from causing damage.
Talk to ANY long time DMT smoker and they all have stories of tired lungs after a weekend of
SAFE VAPING.

I do agree with your statement in part and I will add a disclaimer on all my posts about it.

puting anything in your lungs besides clean air isnt good for you.

puting anything in your nose except you fingers isnt good for you.

christian
#32 Posted : 7/10/2011 11:04:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with ICEHOUSE!!

-People on this forum are smoking Changa, Taking in various homemade forms of crude Dmt, etc. I'm sure that the odd line of reasonably pure DMT isn't gonna hurt , just like the odd line of " charlie " which may still contain acids and gasoline !!

Rolling eyes
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Global
#33 Posted : 7/10/2011 11:09:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

tele wrote:
HEY! WAIT A SECOND!

I might point out too that Ice House is not a "pioneer" on this route of administration. There have been numerous accounts of insufflated DMT in the past. Ice House merely discovered that it was pretty pleasant for him and that the pain might not be as bad for everyone as has been propagated. I also have to agree that there is little scientific proof that vaping spice does no damage. I ere on the side that it does not do much considerable damage, but vaping spice has certainly made me wheeze before. If you are unsatisfied with the lack of evidence, then don't snort it, but people have been insufflating for a while and as far as I have heard, there have been no complaints of deviated septoms or the like.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

endlessness
#34 Posted : 7/10/2011 11:49:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What damage can you imagine to be possible with vaporized spice? And im not talking about SMOKING changa, because smoking anything is bad for you and pyrolizing dmt is definitely nasty, I can imagine much more problematic than controlled vaporization!

This is not supposed to be a fight of one method vs another, its just about realizing the potential danger in each and every mode of administration, and how to diminish the risks and maximize benefits, informing people so each one can make their decision. I think its not unreasonable to consider the potential risk to septum when snorting large quantities of a highly basic product. Do you? Im not saying it will happen for sure but considering we dont know yet, I think its reasonable to add a disclaimer to the thread.

I dont mind if you want to also point out in other threads that smoking changa might potentially be a problem for lungs, I agree it could. Vaporizing as opposed to smoking any day imo.. And for those that snort, be careful, be attentive if you notice any damage or chronic effect, and wash your nasal cavities after each use

I would like to know the opinion and tips from some doctor like corpus callosum here

Global
#35 Posted : 7/10/2011 11:58:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

endlessness wrote:
What damage can you imagine to be possible with vaporized spice?

As I said, vaporized spice has made me wheeze before. I don't know what kind of damage this entails, other than the fact that it has the capacity to induce wheezing.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

SWIMfriend
#36 Posted : 7/10/2011 11:59:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
What damage can you imagine to be possible with vaporized spice?

Any "chemical" is potentially a tissue "irritant." Any irritant may potentially cause inflammation. Inflammation can cause local tissue destruction and scarring. Scarring the nasal tissue is one thing...but scarring in the lungs is potentially MUCH more serious.

What makes lung issues more worrisome, also, is that it's probably LESS sensitive to pain than nasal mucosa. So the nose gives you a good warning about damage, while the lungs perhaps less so.

OTOH, with vaping you should be getting SINGLE MOLECULES landing on lung tissue which should have much less potential to cause damage from, say, local pH issues. Whereas an actual particle from snorting might very well be "too much" for the cells it lands near--actually killing cells, etc. Also remember than if you're snorting fine powder, you're bound to get at least some into the lungs, as well. DMT-vape might do little or no damage to lungs, but DMT-powder might damage lung tissue where vape wouldn't.

All the above explains my interest in nebulizer use. If pH issues were addressed, then it really should be HARMLESS: DMT-salt would be like a million other biologic molecules. It's only "danger" would be systemic (raising BP, etc.) instead of local, by caustic impact on local cells.

endlessness
#37 Posted : 7/11/2011 12:13:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah thats what I thought, the difference of 30mg vaporized, spread out throughout the lungs, vs 100mg or whatever snorted solid dmt, in accumulated quantities irritating tissue.

So the idea of nebulizer you think it would work with salt form and hence the advantage? So you think its the pH of the freebase that is the most likely damaging aspect?

nen888
#38 Posted : 7/11/2011 12:21:33 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..tried nasal ingestion years ago, yes works...full effects 2-5minutes, slightly extended duration to vaped.
But, as it was the freebase, i found it way too caustic and decided to try again one day with salt form. (pain distracting from experience).

In most plant sources (like Yopo seeds etc.), the DMT should be in the form of a Krebs Cycle salt (similar to citric-acid).
Please, any advanced chemists correct me if i'm wrong...

SWIMfriend
#39 Posted : 7/11/2011 12:30:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
So the idea of nebulizer you think it would work with salt form and hence the advantage? So you think its the pH of the freebase that is the most likely damaging aspect?

My idea is that DMT-acetate is the most soluble form of DMT, so the least amount of solvent (and, nicely, just water in this case) would be needed to dissolve a dose.

pH is just one thing; redox potential is another--and indeed some have said they believe DMT actually is converted to DMT-oxide when in the body, anyhow. Molecules with strong redox potential can also be irritants.

EDIT: But my ideas about nebulization are
1) molecules pre-mixed with water will have FAR LESS chance of irritation of any kind--yet absorption shouldn't be altered.
2) There's ZERO chance of burned material, etc. You would be getting EXACTLY what you intend to get.

amor_fati
#40 Posted : 7/11/2011 12:30:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Ice House wrote:
All I had was this little line

Little? Looks ouchies.

SWIM's done it before, but not at such a high dose...still hurt like bitch for him, and he's no stranger to recreational insuffulation. He did it once or twice before ever having vaped, and he never went back since he started vaping.

However, he's been considering the nasal spray since nailing his sublingual dosage and methods. Note that one can dissolve a hell of a lot of fumarates in a small amount of water and glycerin and go far with very little with aid of a bit of harmala when absorbing anywhere so close to the brain. Since SWIM's basing this on experiences likely accomplished through absorption from under the tongue and in the top of the throat, even drippage should absorb just fine. A nasal spray pump should be accurate enough to allow reliable gauging of the desired level of effect by number of pumps, and a ratio of harmala to spice could be mixed or applied in sequence from separate bottles.

The key to maximizing effectiveness of any of these routes--absorbing via the mucous membrane in the vicinity of the head--is to maximize the rapidity of absorption. 50mg should be more than enough, but a pile of freebase simply will not readily absorb unless thoroughly wetted and rendered soluble. SWIM can get well above a threshold pharma experience with 30mg FB rendered fumarate (~38mg) w/ ~40mg Harmine each delivered in rapid succession "sublingually" (not merely sublingually , as the technique requires more than just puddling the substance under the tongue).

If SWIM's dosage works at least as well with a nasal spray as it does in a tincture, he'll give 40-50mg a go without harmaloids and report. He'll be using harmaline though, and given that even with this route it knocks him on his ass, he may lower the dosage for the harmala component.

SWIMfriend wrote:
My idea is that DMT-acetate is the most soluble form of DMT, so the least amount of solvent (and, nicely, just water in this case) would be needed to dissolve a dose.

SWIM's been able to achieve practically identical effects with fumarates as acetates when administered sublingually. Plus it's easier to purify fumarates, as all vinegars seem to contain a fair amount of nonvolatile impurities that SWIM frankly does not know how to remove easily.

PREV1234NEXT»