We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Akashuaska (or acachuasca...) Options

nen888
#1 Posted : 7/9/2011 2:00:31 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i was just discussing with some friends that no one had really come up with a popular name for brews made with either
B.caapi/Acacia or P.harmala/Acacia (or, one of my favourites, Passiflora spp/Acacia...)
such brews have become relatively popular in the small (but active) community in Australia. these brews can be quite distinctive in action
from true S.American ayahuasca(incl. extented duration) perhaps due to the variant alkaloids, and also a powerful 'meeting' of 2 spirits (catching up since Pangaea,
so long ago..)

various terms i've heard over the years include "aussiehuasca"/"ozywasca" (too continent specific, doesn't cover African/Asian/American spp.& just crude),
"ayahuasca australis" (too cumbersome), "hoasca" (for the Peganum based brew), and of course "acaciahuasca".

pondering the latter i settled upon "acachuasca", or my preferred spelling "akashuasca", conveying also a sense of the Akashic Record...

do any of you have any other suggestions, or names you already use? (any without the '..huasca' bit?) perhaps just "akasha" would suffice..

'd like to see what the most popular is...Smile

@

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

chocobeastie
#2 Posted : 7/10/2011 2:38:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Huasca means vine... so saying "acaciavine" doesn't mean so much sense.

a friend downloaded the word "somacacia" for Acacia preperations many years ago, some people I know use that word.

When combining Acacia with Caapi vine in brews, we still call it Ayahuasca. :-)

nen888
#3 Posted : 7/10/2011 3:09:44 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..yes, i suppose 'huasca' should only apply to B.caapi/Acacia or Passiflora/Acacia brews, but i guess i thought the 'huasca' part makes the meaning clearer.

I quite like "somacacia", as it leaves off the 'huasca', although i don't know if it rolls off the tongue so well on medicene (get back to u).

I prefer not to call these brews ayahuasca, as that is only acknowledging the vine, and Acacia is as much a power plant as it.
The varying "akasha" teas i have sampled, are to me, a new and unique synergy, requiring a new name (in order to differentiate in communication),
like "jurema" (Mimosa hostilis/tenuiflora brew).

another possibility, "acacaya" "acaciaya"or "akashaya",

thanks for your response, chocobeastle (hope your research is going well!)

Any other ideas ? (incl. one's that don't involve 'acac..' or 'huasca'Pleased ?