We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
obsessed or hedonistic? Options

staresatwalls
#1 Posted : 7/9/2011 5:47:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to never do drugs at all, but when I started the only thing I did was shrooms for a year and they grew in my back yard so that situation was awesome. The third time i ever smoked weed was at tom petty and the strokes and i brought shrooms for 2 and no one wanted any (wtf am i right?) so i ate a quarter of dried weilii and don't remember tom petty, to my dismay. That was my only bad trip because I freaked out about not being able to pass a drug test. I used to be a film major but then i decided to go pharmacognosy and or mycology. Paul Stamets and the Mckennas and everyone inspire me so much to do as much classifying as possible before natural medicines and such go extinct. But I am wondering if doing both would be spreading myself out too thin.
I seem to enjoy and appreciate the utterly mind blowing experiences of psychedelics more than a lot of my friends and have since learned that I can ramble about psychedelics etc. all day if i don't stop myself. I couldn't imagine being any other way but really now, what is more interesting and thought provoking?
The first time I had a sack of dmt I must've smoked it more or less every hour in the evenings. But when I ran out and smoked my last little bit I had a super intense completely reality dissolving experience that would've made me quit for a while but conveniently I had just ran out.
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jin
#2 Posted : 7/9/2011 4:07:00 PM

yes

its ok to be obssesed and hedonistic , infact its simply great , i am too , but with my work
i also don't do drugs only consume enthoeogens
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

magickpsychonaut
#3 Posted : 7/9/2011 4:47:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was obsessed (and probably still am) with the topic of pharmacognosy, psychedelics, and mycology. They are just so fascinating, but remember, these things just take away the veil. All the wonderful benefits and experiences come from within you, so while it's great to study and learn on these topics, you forget the root source of all that wonderful is within you. Being a mycologist is not just a different career field than working in the film industry, it's also a different lifestyle, a different way of thinking and being. As obsessed as I am with mycology, I just don't think I'd make a good full time mycologist. That does not, however, stop me from reading and studying on a regular basis, nor does it prevent me from taking pictures of fungus that I see in the area and learning all I can about them. On the other hand, you may be the next Timothy Leary...who knows Smile

staresatwalls wrote:
I used to never do drugs at all, but when I started the only thing I did was shrooms for a year and they grew in my back yard so that situation was awesome. The third time i ever smoked weed was at tom petty and the strokes and i brought shrooms for 2 and no one wanted any (wtf am i right?) so i ate a quarter of dried weilii and don't remember tom petty, to my dismay. That was my only bad trip because I freaked out about not being able to pass a drug test. I used to be a film major but then i decided to go pharmacognosy and or mycology. Paul Stamets and the Mckennas and everyone inspire me so much to do as much classifying as possible before natural medicines and such go extinct. But I am wondering if doing both would be spreading myself out too thin.
I seem to enjoy and appreciate the utterly mind blowing experiences of psychedelics more than a lot of my friends and have since learned that I can ramble about psychedelics etc. all day if i don't stop myself. I couldn't imagine being any other way but really now, what is more interesting and thought provoking?
The first time I had a sack of dmt I must've smoked it more or less every hour in the evenings. But when I ran out and smoked my last little bit I had a super intense completely reality dissolving experience that would've made me quit for a while but conveniently I had just ran out.

"Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must"

staresatwalls
#4 Posted : 7/10/2011 1:10:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I sure haven't forgotten that these tools, given to us by whatever god there may or may not be, are keys to the doors of consciousness etc. but you can't open a locked door unless it's unlocked. but yeah, i'm glad i got some replies so I can get in on the ongoing conversations
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

benzyme
#5 Posted : 7/10/2011 2:06:06 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I'd have to say I'm still obsessed to some degree, primarily because psychedelics have had such an impact on my sense of aesthetics, and have given me a seriously twisted sense of humor.

I also valued the novelty aspect they present, a different way of looking at things; although, like cannabis, they've probably made me a little more paranoid.
I also discuss them from time to time with others, with a certain reverence. They have been, and likely still are, used by scientific types worldwide; it's just that not everyone openly admits it. Wink
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck