We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
aya dosage Options

humblebee
#1 Posted : 7/8/2011 4:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Please forgive me if this is a dumbass question, I have no experience. I realize that when I start the process the answer will probably become obvious, but i gotta ask.Embarrased

I am soon to experience aya medicine for the first timeVery happy . I read dosages here in the forum. I was wondering how to equate dry and liquid dosagesWut?

I hope to brew up a large batch to save time and energy.
If I brew say 1lb of caapi and half lb of MHRB, (or the same in metric measure) what would be the dosage measurements in liquid form---teaspoon, tablespoon, ounces or ml, cc or whatever for one person.

I've been advised to start with 40g caapi and 3g mhrb---40g brewed up equals how much in ml? 3g dry = Wut? liquid
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 7/8/2011 5:00:03 PM

Your dose all depends on how much liquid volume you have. You could have 30ml, you could have 3L. This is often overlooked when brewing, and some people wind up drinking glass after glass of mud...

What you should do is brew properly (the more water, the better. I do a 4 x 30 minute technique where each 30 minutes I replace the water in the pot with fresh water and eventually evaporate all the collected water pulls down. You DO NOT need to use any vinegar or citric acid or anything!), and after filtration, reduce your brew by simmer/boiling it down. When it reaches a low volume, take it out and put it into a pyrex measuring cup, if you have one. For 1lb of caapi, you could reduce it to 500ml. That way ~50g is ~50ml. See what I mean?

Do the same thing for mimosa, and let us know if you have any more questions.

For mimosa you only need to brew 3 x 30.

humblebee
#3 Posted : 7/9/2011 3:05:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks I see what you're saying measure wise. but I see mostly 3x1hr brews, are you sure 30 min is gonna get enough of the alkaloids?
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

۩
#4 Posted : 7/9/2011 3:07:14 AM

after 4 x 30min water pulls if you want to try to keep pulling, check to see how murky your water gets until there's nothing left

jamie
#5 Posted : 7/9/2011 4:09:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I find the longer the time brewing the stronger the brew. I do not use acid though.
I would also just brew all your caapi at once..it saves so much time and energy opposed to doing lots of 40g brews. I brew a kilo at a time..you can store it for a long time in the frigde.
Long live the unwoke.