We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
i just poked my head in the rabbit hole Options

travinski
#1 Posted : 10/18/2008 4:51:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey i just tryed my first small dose ....popped my cherry or i guess poked at it. just wanted to see what the high was like. it is suprisingly like acid ie. slight dry mouth, metallic sort of taste but alot cleaner and very relaxing . i used a medicinal vaporizer which i guess would be the ideal thing to do this with....dunno but it seemed to do the trick. its been about 10 yrs since ive done any type of psychedelic....ahhh the old familiar feeling lol but not so commited to it for like 10 12 hours as an acid trip. i will go deeper i think after a few doses to get used to it .......there will be updates
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#2 Posted : 10/18/2008 5:42:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM finds 5-MeO-DMT taken sublingually to be more like acid than DMT is. The sublingual 5-MeO-DMT trip lasts about 1 hour only. It's VERY NICE. But don’t smoke it, it’s unpleasant when smoked.

Another DMT relative that SWIM likes is 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine). It's a little trickier to extract than DMT is, but worth it. The only problem is the minor side effects (nausea for about 1 minute, and some people get head tension from it). 100 grams of Vilca can get you about 3000 mg of 5-HO-DMT, that's 300 strong 10 mg doses. It's best vaporized like you would do with DMT. It's very unlike anything else. It's almost purely just a hallucinogen, and hardly at all psychedelic. 5-MeO-DMT is the opposite, like LSD, it's strongly psychedelic and only mildly hallucinogenic.

It’s like this from strongest to weakest:

Psychedelic: 5-MeO-DMT > DMT > 5-HO-DMT
Visual Effects: 5-HO-DMT > DMT > 5-MeO-DMT
Audio Effects: 5-HO-DMT > DMT > 5-MeO-DMT
Side Effects: 5-HO-DMT > 5-MeO-DMT > DMT
Duration: 5-HO-DMT (1 hr) > DMT (30 min) > 5-MeO-DMT (15 min)
Peak: 5-HO-DMT (10 min) > DMT (5 min) > 5-MeO-DMT (2 min)
Bad Trip Potential: 5-MeO-DMT > DMT > 5-HO-DMT
Euphoria: 5-MeO-DMT > 5-HO-DMT > DMT
Stimulation: 5-MeO-DMT > DMT > 5-HO-DMT
Total immersion: DMT > 5-MeO-DMT > 5-HO-DMT

Anyway, that's SWIM's view on it.

As you can see DMT is in the middle ground in most areas, except it wins in the side effect area in having the least amount of side effects, and is more immersive than 5-MeO-DMT or 5-HO-DMT. DMT is a complete entheogen with both psychedelic and hallucinogenic effects, while 5-MeO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT are incomplete entheogens, meaning that 5-MeO-DMT lacks strong hallucinogenic effects and 5-HO-DMT lacks strong psychedelic effects.

The reason some people will say that DMT is more hallucinogenic than 5-HO-DMT is because they didn’t try a full dose of smoked 5-HO-DMT. 5-HO-DMT can bring you to the “other side” with a smaller dose than what is needed for DMT, but few people venture deep into the 5-HO-DMT trip because of the side effects it can cause. About 30 mg of pure white crystal 5-HO-DMT smoked will bring you into the “other side”. SWIM has had far more intense and meaningful visionary experiences from 5-HO-DMT than he’s ever had with DMT. But the DMT experiences are always more immersive. With 5-HO-DMT, it’s like your watching a show or a movie, with DMT it’s like you’re inside it and part of it. It’s very different. Also DMT is usually more erratic, more unpredictable, because it’s much more psychedelic. Set and setting are key to having a good DMT trip, but mean nothing for 5-HO-DMT, because it lacks psychedelic effects. With DMT, if the trip goes south, you can have an extremely horrifying experience for a few minutes. But I’ve never heard of anyone having such an experience from 5-HO-DMT. I think it’s impossible, because it almost completely lacks psychedelic effects, and because of that you feel disconnected from the visions. It’s hard to explain, but people can have horrifying visions from 5-HO-DMT, and just sit there calmly thinking, “WOW that looks pretty scary. I wonder what I’m going to see next?”. It’s just like watching a movie.

If you’re in the mood for a great closed eye light show, 5-HO-DMT is the ticket. If you want LSD-style insight and other strong mental psychedelic effects, 5-MeO-DMT is the ticket (taken sublingually, not smoked). If you want a complete experience full of both psychedelic effects and visual effects DMT is the ticket.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

travinski
#3 Posted : 10/18/2008 5:53:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow thats a lot of info.....i did the mhrb with nomans tek after the freeze precip i had tiny glass like shards so i didnt recrystalize and tryed it in the vaporizer only did 2 tokes held for a while, exhaled and no smoke came out, i guess this is typical of a vaporizer. but the rush and everything came on kinda strong i dont really have anything to compare this to in my experience except acid.
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

Freddy Bacon Jr.
#4 Posted : 10/18/2008 6:02:50 AM

ButterScotch Bob

Ah i remember my First "Toke" long and deep you start too feel it before you exhale and bam your feelin so good it feels like forever and bam your like where did it go? i need to get me some RB for extraction. been a min since i have seen some good spice.
"See You Down At Arizona Bay"

Hi my real name is not Freddy. Freddy is a made up character of mine that likes to talk about the subjects on this site. So in most of my posts I will use the word I but its really Freddy my made up character. I do not endorse condone or engage in illegal activities. Talking about the things we talk about is fun.

travinski
#5 Posted : 10/18/2008 6:14:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

think i might do a heavier blast b4 i go to bed

69ron
#6 Posted : 10/18/2008 6:43:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT is a lot stronger than acid.

With acid, you can still get a grip on reality. If you go a little too deep into the DMT trip, reality is completely gone and at that point ANYTHING can happen.

A high dose of DMT can be many times more bazaar than a high dose of LSD.

In terms of bazaar-ness, I’d rate DMT like this:

Bazaar-ness: 5-MeO-DMT > DMT > LSD > Mushrooms > Peyote > Marijuana > 5-HO-DMT

Low doses are very nice, a lot of fun, but it’s at the high doses where DMT really separates itself from the others and can really freak people out far more than LSD can.

Imagine smoking 100 mg of DMT and in a few seconds seeing your self in another dimension on another planet being eaten alive by hundreds of hungry insects and feeling them all over your body. LSD can’t quite do that, but DMT can. 5-HO-DMT can give you the same vision, but you won’t feel like your actually there. With DMT, you can feel that you’re actually there.

I recommend playing around with small doses before jumping deep into it. Some people can handle nightmarish visions, and will actually enjoy the hallucinogenic experience, others will totally freak out from those types of visions.

The visions you get are completely up to your imagination. You could have visions of heaven and God and be in complete bliss, or have the opposite.

SWIM has had both extremely positive experiences from DMT and extremely horrifying experiences from it. Usually most of the trips are very nice, occasionally you’re shown things you’d rather not see.

Have fun, and if the trip goes south, just remember that the peak only lasts a few minutes and you’ll be back to normal in a jiffy.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

travinski
#7 Posted : 10/18/2008 7:19:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ya i just tryed a heavier dose but i dont think the vaporizer is doin it dunno its sounds like the perfect tool for this i weighed out .05 and kept smokin till it was gone maybe it is a good thing i dont jump into a breakthrough

Entropymancer
#8 Posted : 10/18/2008 8:16:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

travinski wrote:
maybe it is a good thing i dont jump into a breakthrough

I really don't think so. The sub-breakthrough range just seems shallow to me; it's got colorful visuals, hints of psychedelia, but nothing substantial. Breakthrough doses are where it's at. It's not a long experience, not something you have to commit to like 8-12 hours tripping on acid, but the experience is absolutely incomparable. You do have to be absolutely willing to acquiesce to the spice, wherever it may take you, just know that it is a moment in time, an absolutely incomparable moment in time, and you will be back in 5-15 minutes.

travinski
#9 Posted : 10/22/2008 4:10:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well that was shitty anyone ever puke after a couple big tokes and spend the rest of the time trying to clean while trippin hard?wow man think ill bring a bucket next time

69ron
#10 Posted : 10/22/2008 4:21:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's unusual to puke, but some people do.

Did you have anything with it or was it just DMT?

travinski
#11 Posted : 10/22/2008 4:46:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

na just pure white fluffy dmt crystals i think it may have been that i had a full stomach and a cigarette just before then it all hit me quite fast. ive only smoked twice before this and was kinda overwhelmed and started thinkin "man i hope i dont puke, fuck me why didnt i think to bring a bucket" and then it was too late i ran to the shitter and puked but made a bit of a mess , as i was peakin. i dont think it was the dmt and i never felt sick the other 2 times . im usually pretty good as far as being able to handle drugs n such

xantus
#12 Posted : 10/22/2008 6:18:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

if you are getting a metallic taste and bad reactions, you might be vaping it too high/burning the spice. finding the right smoking method can be a trial sometimes...

Noetic
#13 Posted : 10/22/2008 6:24:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i did my 1st DMT voyage (White fluffy powder) , was a bowl full to the brim ash piped and was drinking keg beer (magic hat) and did 2 nitrous balllons and one hit of kindbud. I wasnt getting drunk as I drank about 6 beers and a few jello shots over like 6 hours but I had food in me too. So i go in this dudes trailer (hippei gong fest in a huge field) and he and his gf are there, set me with a space to lay back onto and he holds the bowl and gives e the directions to hit it. I took a full blast, 10 second hold, then a nother for 5-7 seconds before I had to exhale and then a last resiny blast so the bowl must have been cashed (I am a cig smoker so I dont have teh lung capacity or efficiency to hold or take any bigger hits) and i went out.. Had a full blown trip that the self proclaimed "vibrational alchemist" that gave me the trip called it. I went as far as teh "playpen full of sprites" and got ripped out early cuz I had to sit up fast and yack. I swore I was puking up gallons all over my hands trying to catch it but in actuality I was told he caught the little bit i had in a hat and tossed it. I had like 2 drops of puke on my sleeves he said and I couldnt even see it when I recouperated. He told me it happens alot and if he knew I was drinking he would have been more prepared or made me wait or yack 1st and its very common to puke. Also in Strasssman's book "DMT The pirit Molecule" he says its very common to puke. So i'll be ready for it next time and when I give my gf the trip. She pukes all teh time on things. I on teh other hand am the type to know I have to puke and then excuse myself and walk to a safe place and casually yack,rinse and come back to teh party with no one even knowing I had to puke. Or puke and hold it in my mouth and reswallow . Im pretty good with puking, but i sdstraight up had no control and didnt even know I was puking until I was back in my body and probably a full 5 seconds of yacking before i realized it and made teh journey back. Ive puked a few times and dry heaves off shrooms and always do a preemptive yack with peyote. But the taste of DMT is so foul that I think that has alot to do with it too. Peyote too.

69ron
#14 Posted : 10/22/2008 9:10:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To SWIM, the taste of DMT is like that of plastic. It tastes like something that came out of a melting robot. It’s not too unpleasant to SWIM but it just tastes so artificial. Its plastic taste is a little freak to SWIM. Nothing tastes quite like it. The closest thing to it is 5-MeO-DMT, but that’s not so plastic tasting, it’s more medicinal.

The smell of DMT sort of freaks SWIM out a little. He can’t get used to the smell.

SWIM doesn’t get nauseated form it, he’s just turned off by it. It’s like your smoking the insides of a plastic robot.

When SWIM first extracted DMT using d-Limonene (a non-toxic non-polar solvent from oranges) he noticed that it tasted like oranges. That wonderful d-Limonene flavor never left the DMT. It was a pleasant addition because it masked the plastic taste of the DMT. The orange flavor made it taste more “organic”. Now SWIM likes to use d-Limonene at some point when extracting the DMT, just to give the DMT a nicer odor and flavor.

Puking from DMT normally happens to people who easily get cyber sickness or sea sickness.

SWIM doesn’t get cyber sickness or sea sickness. SWIM has never puked from smoked DMT. SWIM also can take large amounts of harmine and harmaline without puking. SWIM also doesn’t puke from pure mescaline. SWIM doesn’t puke from shrooms either, even massive doses. The one drug that has made SWIM puke violently a few times was badly made LSD.

The puking is mostly caused by the eyes seeing movement that isn’t being registered in the inner ear. This leads to motion sickness or cyber sickness. When you hallucinate, you can often see images moving across your vision, but since your body is not moving, your inner ear also doesn’t register the movement and so nausea is automatically triggered, but not in everyone. Only a certain percentage of people get the reaction.

To avoid puking, try laying in bed and not moving much. I’ve heard that can help a lot. The other thing that helps a lot is ginger root. About 1000 mg of ginger root taken 30 minutes beforehand can really help stop any nausea that might be present. The good think about ginger root is that it won’t affect your trip like other motion sickness medications can.

travinski
#15 Posted : 10/23/2008 4:44:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

k i just came down off .05 i smoked the whole bowl.....that is the reccomended dosage right? i tripped pretty hard but was fully concious the whole time. i layed ash in my pipe and then the dmt then another layer of ash. my pipe has a screw top with a hole in it and i made sure to burn it slowly, the flame never went in the hole. dunno how to get a breakthrough im getting good lungfulls 2 tokes start to feel the first but then its pretty much burned up, im holding it in so long when i breath out theres no smoke. any ideas? is the dosage for a smaller person? im 6-2 an 185lbs

Noetic
#16 Posted : 10/23/2008 5:18:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I would try holding teh first hit just 10 seconds and you should see a cloud come out, then you know your burning it right. Could eb that your melting it and its going down into the elbow and not burning into smoke. If thats teh case, try doubling the ash or packing it tighter before laying the DMT down. Also using a butane windproof torch will definitely make it turn to smoke before it falls trhough. Ive only done DMT onvce but Ive ashpiped alot of stuff in my day and its all the same. If thats still not working try using a different smoking method. chaze it or use a stem or lightbulb it. Or you can take some chore boy and take the bowl and elbow off and stuff teh chore in there if its long enough. Or a tire guage hollowed out works too. But it might screw up your second hit as it stays hot and will keep melting it. Ultimately chasing teh dragon or a glasspipe or lightbulb will tell you if your getting smoke in your lungs or not. When you say no smoke came out it makes me think its not burning right, cuz even if you hold it forever somethings gonna come out.

Anyone know if holding too long could cause a resin and liquid coating that might make it harder for your lung sacs to absorb more the second hit? Might be better to take 2 hits at 10 second hold then 1 big 20 second hit. Once you start burning meltable substances its better IMO to just keep hitting it pretty fast cuz its gonna start melting away anyways and Im not a fan of resin so I liek the fresh burns, not scrapings from overmelted hits. just my opinion and personal taste.

Jorkest
#17 Posted : 10/23/2008 5:28:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

spice runs from heat...even up...with the hole in the top of the screw on thing..all the heat is going straight down into the center and thats it...SWIM things that the spice has retreated to the outer edge of the bowl..check there for your hits!
it's a sound

Noetic
#18 Posted : 10/23/2008 5:35:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah id say its along the edges all burnt and caked or in the elbow hiding in there trying to stay on teh DL.lol. Id pop the top and look in teh well and I bet youll see him all resiny and mocking you ...laughing at the fact that your gonna have to dig him out while he holds on for dear life and his only solace is teh knowledge that to smoke him you will have to deal with his even nastier taste now. I hate resin. My gf loves it so its a perfect simbiotic relationship. Except at teh end of the night when the room reeks and I wanna go to sleep and shes still digging around smoking scrapings and ruining my pipes.Bah!

But I always get the fresh hits though.lol.

travinski
#19 Posted : 10/23/2008 5:38:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so .05 should be a breakthrough dose? my crystals are white and look pretty pure so i dont think its the product. guess ill try taking the top off. oh and when you breakthrough do you feel the same as when you have a non breakthrough hit....i hear you feel completely sober is this true coz im gettin kinda bummed out with these acid trip like doses. i wanna see some shit

pazuzu
#20 Posted : 10/26/2008 7:21:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

travinski wrote:
so .05 should be a breakthrough dose? my crystals are white and look pretty pure so i dont think its the product. guess ill try taking the top off. oh and when you breakthrough do you feel the same as when you have a non breakthrough hit....i hear you feel completely sober is this true coz im gettin kinda bummed out with these acid trip like doses. i wanna see some shit

50 mg can be a breakthrough if you smoke it right. I use a modified version of the machine. Basically it's a glass pipe with some copper scrub pad in the bowl. The DMT is melted onto the copper and then after it recrystallizes I turn the bowl upside down and apply flame. One long, slow toke seems to work the best.

I've found that a sub-breakthrough dose DMT feels like a completely different drug than breakthrough dose DMT. There's really no way to adequately describe it, except that a sub-breakthrough dose will feel a bit like LSD or mushrooms, or at least bear some resemblance to those substances. However, a breakthrough dose of DMT feels completely unique and there will be absolutely no feeling of sobriety. I've done a lot of acid and given the similarity to small doses of DMT I thought I was prepared for the breakthrough, thinking it would essentially be a bigger, better version of sub-breakthrough...But holy shit I was wrong. Nothing could have prepared me for that first breakthrough. That's not a bad thing. DMT is just so unique when you finally get that hit. You won't be dissappointed!

12NEXT