We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Kratom soon to be illegalized in the US? Options

scooby
#1 Posted : 7/6/2011 7:02:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you serious? pretty soon they will be banning caffeine.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp...coming-a-growing-problem
Anything I say on this forum is pure fiction. Nothing I say is true please don't take me seriously.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 7/6/2011 7:04:59 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hell, they should, along with nicotine and alcohol. Oh wait . . . we tried that once . . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition#History
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

The Day Tripper
#3 Posted : 7/6/2011 7:51:11 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
This is not unexpected. What ALWAYS happens when people start using a new unscheduled drug? Chances are kratom will be banned, just like aya admixtures will be in the US. There is all the incentives to make these things illegal for those in power, and they can cognitive dissociate and rationalize these harmful policies be saying its for the children, or that people do not have the willpower to use these substances responsibly.

I would be willing to bet there's some political influence behind this article, perhaps even someone in the Gov. that wants kratom banned, so they use their media "influence" to nudge the reporters into doing a propaganda story about it. Fucking shameless.

As long as the system is there for these people to manipulate and take control of, they will do so. Its only when we decide we need to take back the rights wrongfully taken away from us forcefully that anything will change.

And that article just goes to show how ignorant local affiliates usually are when doing "investigative reports". Its fairly obvious to anyone who looks into the information behind their spoon fed media that that is not a credible article.

Soon, i fear all natural drugs will be illlegitimatized by legality, and the majority of folks will think the only good drugs come from PHARMA. Its already happening, and its quite scary how people think pills are safe, and plants are not.

Makes me glad I've not taken a pharmaceutical or manufactured drug in years.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

BlackSun
#4 Posted : 7/6/2011 8:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Day Tripper wrote:
This is not unexpected. What ALWAYS happens when people start using a new unscheduled drug? Chances are kratom will be banned, just like aya admixtures will be in the US. There is all the incentives to make these things illegal for those in power, and they can cognitive dissociate and rationalize these harmful policies be saying its for the children, or that people do not have the willpower to use these substances responsibly.

I would be willing to bet there's some political influence behind this article, perhaps even someone in the Gov. that wants kratom banned, so they use their media "influence" to nudge the reporters into doing a propaganda story about it. Fucking shameless.

As long as the system is there for these people to manipulate and take control of, they will do so. Its only when we decide we need to take back the rights wrongfully taken away from us forcefully that anything will change.

And that article just goes to show how ignorant local affiliates usually are when doing "investigative reports". Its fairly obvious to anyone who looks into the information behind their spoon fed media that that is not a credible article.

Soon, i fear all natural drugs will be illlegitimatized by legality, and the majority of folks will think the only good drugs come from PHARMA. Its already happening, and its quite scary how people think pills are safe, and plants are not.

Well just remember that the biggest problem of prohibition is that is simply doesn't work. Even if some substances were really dangerous, making them illegal just means there's no way to know what's in that bag of "heroin". Anyone remember the cases of anthrax that was mixed with heroin in the UK a couple of years ago? If heroin were legal and available, there would be no one stupid enough to put anthrax into their heroin.

I'm definitely not in favor of drugs like heroin or cocaine, but making them illegal is ridiculous. If people wanna do those drugs, that's on them. That's their choice. What right does anyone else have to say "I don't like that thing, so I'm going to make sure no one can ever use it ever again!!!"?

As for pharma drugs...I haven't taken anything other than a decongestant (for a cold) in quite a few years either. That's not to say that all modern medicine is bad, but I definitely think that we're better off using as little of it as possible (but if I were to get some deadly form of the influenza virus, you can be damn sure I'm taking medicine to get better).

The Day Tripper
#5 Posted : 7/6/2011 9:55:18 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
BlackSun wrote:
The Day Tripper wrote:

Well just remember that the biggest problem of prohibition is that is simply doesn't work. Even if some substances were really dangerous, making them illegal just means there's no way to know what's in that bag of "heroin". Anyone remember the cases of anthrax that was mixed with heroin in the UK a couple of years ago? If heroin were legal and available, there would be no one stupid enough to put anthrax into their heroin.

I'm definitely not in favor of drugs like heroin or cocaine, but making them illegal is ridiculous. If people wanna do those drugs, that's on them. That's their choice. What right does anyone else have to say "I don't like that thing, so I'm going to make sure no one can ever use it ever again!!!"?

As for pharma drugs...I haven't taken anything other than a decongestant (for a cold) in quite a few years either. That's not to say that all modern medicine is bad, but I definitely think that we're better off using as little of it as possible (but if I were to get some deadly form of the influenza virus, you can be damn sure I'm taking medicine to get better).

Yeah i definitely agree that all drugs should be legalized, its up to the individual to decide whats good for them. The government has no business telling me my decision making skills do not apply when i take drugs. And you're right, prohibition makes drugs of less quality and purity. But what if the gov decided to legalize all drugs, but they had to be made by a pharmaceutical company for "safety". I'm definitely in favor of more quality drugs, but i also am a firm believer of full spectrum. without the full range of alkaloids, you have no right (in most cases) to assume that's the affect the plant alone provides.

PHARMA is all about isolating things and comparing them to natural products as a "safer" and better solution, but this is not the case is most cases. Especially with Cannabis and Opiates, which are relatively safer in their raw natural forms, but can have more negative side affects when their components are isolated or sometimes modified all together to make a "safter" synthetic drug. Think marinol and purified/synthetic opiates. AFAIK this is mother-natures job, evolution should theoretically give us the best drugs with the best alkaloid/actives profiles if we made it legal to do that kind of research. Instead we use our condescending ego scientific mindset to assume we have complete control over these substances and their affects, with is not true.

the natural raw forms of these drugs have been used far longer than the purified and synthetic analouges. Its unfair to assume just because science gives us more insight into biology that we can determine saftey of isolates/syns clinically. You can make a good argument in some cases for this, but to throw out all the cultural information and assume that everything learned scientifically is superior information about these plants is ignorant.

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

bassmethod
#6 Posted : 7/6/2011 10:47:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is highly intolerable but did see it coming. It really amazes me how big of a mess we're in in this country.
We live in a world where possession of plants can put you behind bars, a world where we dehumanize other races,
advertise bogus products and tax collection schemes and a world that lets Casey Anthony walk free of murdering
her two year old daughter. Is this the natural order of human society? When will the chaos cease?

Although I wish to keep my ranting to a minimal, because I respect this board and it's members,
I think we need to reconsider what is at stake in our situation and where this is all going. Eventually, something
will hit the boiling point in the psychedelic community. This was the warning of the 20th century, the calling cry
of many and reason for our community taking a stand. McKenna said it perfectly, "They're not handing out respect in
this society. Ask black people, ask gay people, the only way you get respect in this society is if you stand up
and take it. And we're not going to let ourselves be run over by a bunch of constipated gentlemen."