We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I don't understand why DMT is smoked this way... Options

onethousandk
#1 Posted : 7/5/2011 3:54:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm hoping someone could clear something up for me. You will have to forgive my poor analogy because while I realize that meth and crack have very little in common with DMT they are two approaches to vapping a substance. My main question is that I don't understand why people smoke DMT they way people smoke crack as opposed to the way people smoke meth. This is easier to explain with images than with words so:

Crack pipe

Meth pipe

I've never actually smoke either so if I'm misunderstanding something I would love a correction, but given the constant recommendation is to heat from above and use meshes or pads to prevent it from dripping the analogy seems apt. Using a GVG or really any glass pipe why not just let the spice drop down and then heat it from the bottom, watch it vap and then draw in? The fire never touches the spice and it's harder for the smoke to escape. What am I missing?

Any and all clarification appreciated!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

mrwiggle
#2 Posted : 7/5/2011 4:00:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my understanding is nobody ever said you cant smoke spice like meth...smoke however you like...
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

jamie
#3 Posted : 7/5/2011 4:04:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

both of those methods are crap IMO. I prefer changa and a bong personally to vaporizors I tried. I never tried GVG though..but I can break through on the same ammount that everyone else talks about using in a VG with just my bong and care taken while heating..

Those light bulb vaporizors are ghetto as hell and dont work too well..trying to heat from the bottom is a waste in my experience.
Long live the unwoke.

onethousandk
#4 Posted : 7/5/2011 4:05:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mrwiggle wrote:
my understanding is nobody ever said you cant smoke spice like meth...smoke however you like...

I realize no one would stop me from smoking this way, I'm just confused as to what the benefit is of the former method as opposed to the latter. I won't say I've read all of the available information on the matter, but generally speaking no one recommends the latter method. I was just wondering if there was a reason.

onethousandk
#5 Posted : 7/5/2011 4:16:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
both of those methods are crap IMO. I prefer changa and a bong personally to vaporizors I tried. I never tried GVG though..but I can break through on the same ammount that everyone else talks about using in a VG with just my bong and care taken while heating..

Those light bulb vaporizors are ghetto as hell and dont work too well..trying to heat from the bottom is a waste in my experience.

So you just hold your lighter a couple of inches above your bowl? I thought about just using a bong but heating my glass bowl from the bottom so the flame doesn't hit the bed. Not necessary then I guess?

jamie
#6 Posted : 7/5/2011 4:22:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I hold it above and let it melt at first..second hit I just stick the flame right on the changa..I never noticed any DMT being destroyed etc..though I prefer orange oily limo pulled DMT, and apparently the oils protect the spice from burning..

I have NEVER had a problem with just feathering the bowl lightly with the flame. Just dont hold the flame there for an extended period.

I think people exagerate a bit about how you will burn DMT if any flame touches it..just like how there is this myth that you need a torch lighter to smoke salvia when in reality a match works just as well.
Long live the unwoke.

nen888
#7 Posted : 7/5/2011 4:50:41 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..u can use a test tube (of the right glass thickness, i.e thinner).

McKenna's glass pipe i saw was a custom blown job with approx.1 inch diamter bowl, and long narrow stem (say 15cm+, 5mm diamter).
this allowed all material to be vapourized before inhalation, the long stem preventing accidental aspiration of the liquid dmt (which 'burns'(sensation) mouth & lungs).

lots of methods out there...

gibran2
#8 Posted : 7/5/2011 4:59:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

The “crack” method heats the product by convection – a stream of hot air passes through and around the product. Convection methods include the “machine”, the GVG, and bongs.

The “meth” method heats the product by conduction – a hot surface conducts heat directly to the product. Conduction methods include light bulbs, test tubes, aluminum foil.

Any method that heats by conduction is likely to burn/carmelize/pyrolize the DMT before appreciable amounts of vapor are formed. The resultant vapor will be less potent and very harsh.

DMT is best heated by convection. When DMT is heated by convection it vaporizes very quickly –before it has a chance to burn.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

onethousandk
#9 Posted : 7/5/2011 5:16:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
DMT is best heated by convection. When DMT is heated by convection it vaporizes very quickly –before it has a chance to burn.

Couldn't you just hold the lighter down a bit from the "bulb"? You wouldn't have to hold the flame directly against the glass to get it to the needed temperature. Wouldn't it sill be convection then? (Alternately couldn't you hold the flame too close above and cause a conduction reaction?)

gibran2
#10 Posted : 7/5/2011 5:28:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

onethousandk wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

Couldn't you just hold the lighter down a bit from the "bulb"? You wouldn't have to hold the flame directly against the glass to get it to the needed temperature. Wouldn't it sill be convection then? (Alternately couldn't you hold the flame too close above and cause a conduction reaction?)

No. Think of it this way:

>> With convection, air heats the product.

>> With conduction, glass (or other solid material in contact with product) heats the product.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

christian
#11 Posted : 7/5/2011 8:52:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The main problem i have read about with using a lightbulb, or meth pipe,etc- is that the DMT tends to run away from the flame.

-This is why some people apparently stuff the meth pipe bulb with steel wool, so the DMT can be vaporised by "convection". Apparently this is far better since the more the dmt "runs" the easier it is to get vapourised by the hot air!

-sort of a "condution to convection conversion" with steel wool!

"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

amor_fati
#12 Posted : 7/11/2011 12:47:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Even machine-style vaping with a bit of scrubpad will result in a fair amount of conduction heating, resullting in runoff and burning depending on technique and design. The VG seems to nail down the proper way to accomplish convection heating, as has also been demonstrated in DIY derivatives such as The Key and The Inspirator.

skid750
#13 Posted : 7/30/2011 10:12:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Zip wrote:
Using base pipes aka "oil burners" isn't a crap method, IMHO. With the right technique, you will *largely* vaporize and not burn...

AGREED!

I use a classic oil burner with a blue-flame lighter and I get pure vapor. It is the same feeling as sitting in a steam shower and inhaling. Ya, you might cough, but it's pure vapor, no burning. Hardly any taste to it at all if you do it right, and whatever taste there is is pleasant.

You'll only burn it if you chase the dragon, so stick to getting it all in one big breath and it'll work every time!

A GVG is on my list though... it can't hurt.

Pancho
#14 Posted : 12/6/2011 2:20:37 AM

Reality Gazer

gibran2 wrote:

I agree !
The first and last method of smoking DMT I tryed was this !

I remember that meanwhile I was waiting for the shipping of my first MHRB I had to develop some way to smoke it!. Everybody talkin about "the machine" or the bulb... well, I had no tool to break the glass of a bottle, and the bulbs just broke all.
So I thought about the physics, smoke, wind, convection, heat, etc, and It just came to me...> A thin glass pipe with virute in the end ! Just like the machine but with me sucking air directly at the other side. So I made it and tryed at my first time and... It just blew my mind xD
With that method you smoke all and faster, and you dont need to heat so much because the strong flux of air when you suck tru this thin volume just improve evaporation, and there is no need to boil it.
So you can heat meanwhile sucking and when you see the pure-white smoke filling the pipe and going to your mouth you get the fire a little away just enought to keep the flux of smoke and not overheating it. Because if you dont calculate well you are going to overheat the pipe and smoke and burn your throat (and trust me, its a scary and painfull experience).
So, smoking fast its a good way to secure almost all the DMT you used ends at your lungs, and so a good way getting high doses and likely breaktrus. But you need to go slow at the begining and practice with small inhales... and then just blow the gun into your brain xD
I have seen Space as kaleidoscopic chambers of infinite Knowledge,
I have seen Time as a semiLiquid mass on the hands of a pharaoh,
I have seen God as a warm and white, full of Love Dimention.
...am I really Seeing right now?

Death is the road to awe

AluminumFoilRobots
#15 Posted : 12/8/2011 6:31:45 PM

gufyg

yeah the only times I ever smoked it was out of a ad-hoc apparatus consisting of A) an oil-lamp bulb and b) aluminum foil. There WAS some pyrolysis, but I'd say I got 90% of it vaporized and it worked just fine...
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

PrimalWisdom
#16 Posted : 12/8/2011 10:10:20 PM

Everything the light touches

gibran2 wrote:
The “crack” method heats the product by convection – a stream of hot air passes through and around the product. Convection methods include the “machine”, the GVG, and bongs.

The “meth” method heats the product by conduction – a hot surface conducts heat directly to the product. Conduction methods include light bulbs, test tubes, aluminum foil.

Any method that heats by conduction is likely to burn/carmelize/pyrolize the DMT before appreciable amounts of vapor are formed. The resultant vapor will be less potent and very harsh.

I totally agree with gibran2 here. I've tried them both.

I started with a typical "meth" pipe.
l I put 35 mg's of cleaned up white crystals in a typical meth "lolly", licking the flame back and forth I melted the crystals, while while working the bulb part side to side to evenly distribute it over the lower surface. I then held the flame of a torch lighter set to low +- about 5 cm away and heated the crystals slowly until vapour began to form. Moving the flame back and forth I could work up a decent amount of vapour and the first deep inhalation left me humming with energy and seeing fractals.I was completely blown way, but this was my first time ever smoking more than 10 mg's.
I found no matter what I did it didn't really ever work up an optimal amount of vapour. The taste was very acrid and almost like burning plastic.
The residue on the outskirts of the "DMT pool" that had formed was turning brown and made it taste burnt. Once this happened no matter what I did it still tasted horrible. I had to clean the pipe with acetone to get rid of the smell.

Fed up I went out the next day and bought a glass drill and a few small 50 ml liquor bottles.
My machine completed, I loaded up 35 mg's of the same spice. The same torch lighter set to low was used while the same action as before was performed, never focusing the heat on the DMT for too long.The bottle immediately filled with smoke and I inhaled until I couldn't any more.
By the time I exhaled it looked like the machine in my hands was a good metre away from me and looked like an ultra reflective mirror ball. Soon everything turned "geometric". My entire being was hit by a wave of what I'd call "Love Energies", before the most astoundingly magnificent 8 to 10 minutes of my life occurred.
I knew this was what all the hype was about.
The taste was actually kind of pleasant and not harsh at all.
I believe I cleared most of the 35 mg's in one hit and the amount of vapour produced was high.

I've honestly never even thought of using the "meth pip" method again and have thrown the thing away.
I've actually gone a little OCD and prepared 8 more bottles for use in the future.

Hope this helps.

Peace

PW

Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

Sublime
#17 Posted : 12/9/2011 2:46:48 AM

Intraterrestrial

Im gonna create this machine and use that. I first smoked with this blue straight shooter crack pipe. Took a couple hits and my entire world was replaced with an edgy sharpened type non-gradient geometric finish to objects and colors in the room, my first glimpse of the molecule..it was so sublime. I need to get back there..I have not been successful in CEVs or OEVs as much using a glass pipe or bong. There is a difference in the way it is smoked, it can have an impact.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."