We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
1st NMT experience description Options

nen888
#1 Posted : 7/3/2011 3:32:35 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..here is a brief description of the 1st attempt (in 2001 by a researcher) of NMT freebase vaporization. (for method see previous NMT post)

with approx. 60mg:

"0-3min: immediate 'tryptamine' feeling upon exhalation, but without any building rush. Slight sense of being slightly removed from ordinary 3D/4D space. Heightened sense of awareness + brightness/edge detection, but without unusual visual changes.

3-5min: a fairly sudden onset of rapid visuals tunnelling out towards me from my centre of focus:-more 'far out' than any kind of human cultural context, and advanced life/mind like.
The visions were not overwhelming (in the sense that i could still make out clearly objects within ordinary reality), but upon 'engagement'/focus became stronger. These lasted approx. 30-45 seconds. There may have been faint auditory sounds but the visuals were too interesting and required attention.

as the peak of visual activity changed it began to slow. it then became apparent that what i was perceiving visually was increasingly being felt or sensed in somekind of almost physical, yet spatially extended, way.

6-8min: all that can be 'seen' are faint visuals which correspond synaesthetically to different 'planes' and 'vectors' opening & moving in the 'body=mind field'. Some of these sectors appeared related to time/events/personal memory and could elicit strong muscular & other body sensations when engaged. There was 'understanding', but it was about sensing it in ways we humans are perhaps not ordinarily taught these days. perhaps learning to 'move' as the spirits/'elves'/discarnate entities do..

A thought came into my mind (which i suspect came from someone far older): 'seeing is not something we do with our eyes'..

8-50min: a fairly pleasant altered state with sense of enhanced cognition, but without any more visual effects. no unusual auditory effects were noted. music was enhanced enjoyment but sounded normal. candles seemed slighter brighter with a mild halo effect.

50-70: mildly euphoric afterglow, still a 'tryptamine' kind of vibe, but otherwise normal.

no negative after-effects noted over next 72hr period. perhaps slight cognitive enhancement 1-24hrs. no dietry contraindications noted indicating negligable MAOI activity at this level.

as this substance may turn up in various acacias & mimosas, hope this is of help to other entheovoyagers...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RovaRusty
#2 Posted : 7/3/2011 4:12:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like an awesome trip.

Seraph
#3 Posted : 7/3/2011 4:34:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There goes the 'NMT is inactive' statement everyone was going by before investigation into NMT started. There is a thread somewhere where members were trying to work out how to separate NMT and DMT as they are the alkaloids which are extracted from acacia confusa bark and then convert NMT into something else because of the concept that NMT was inactive.

Dr_Sister
#4 Posted : 7/4/2011 12:34:00 AM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Thank you for the report nen888. Sounds interesting.
How was the NMT isolated and characterized? What form was it in? oil or crystal. How did the taste compare to dmt?

nen888
#5 Posted : 7/4/2011 12:57:59 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

NNT was usually seen as a white or yellow oil, turning increasingly orange>brown with exposure to air.
It proved difficult to crystalize, this was only achieved once (in this particular experiment).
Taste was described as "...similar to dmt, 'sweeter', and less acrid upon exhalation, though still somewhat 'odd' in a familiar tryptamine way."

..more detail in eventual site tek, &/or published paper. (forthcoming) see "entheogenic effects of NMT..." post.

thanks for all previous comments...

nen888
#6 Posted : 7/5/2011 4:20:29 PM
member for the trees

..hoping they'll be a few more nmt descriptions soon (sounds like the work's well underway!)
i have a few more reports from my research team i'll post some time in the future.

also chemists note: a mixture of nmt/dmt can remain an oil depending on percentage nmt & purification technique, though it shouldn't be too hard to see some kind of differentiation (by 'playing' with it), indicating a mixture. play on...

nen888
#7 Posted : 7/12/2011 4:14:33 AM
member for the trees

..one of my co-researchers suggests the NMT oil which would not crystalize could have contained small amounts of
either simple tryptamine, or 5-meoNMT (5methoxy-N-Methyltryptamine) (activity completely unknown)..

some extraction solvents may not extract N-Methyltryptamine.

also see entheogenic effects of NMT

I AM SWIM
#8 Posted : 7/12/2011 4:32:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:

A thought came into my mind (which i suspect came from someone far older): 'seeing is not something we do with our eyes'..

Have you ever read Carlos Castaneda's works? I'm pretty sure don Juan said something of that nature.
But there are other books on Shamanism that basically say the same thing, even academic sources.
Interesting. Shocked

nen888
#9 Posted : 7/13/2011 12:36:07 PM
member for the trees

Laughing indeed nagual.. (thanks)
..yes, i've read most of the Castenada books once, though not for a long time. Always worth reading if you haven't (whatever u think of em).

the, er, researcher i 'observed' remembered that Don Juan had said something similar, but during the smoke it seemed to be from
"someone far older"...

@

form is emptiness
love is form

justine
#10 Posted : 7/13/2011 12:43:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr_Sister wrote:
Thank you for the report nen888. Sounds interesting.
How was the NMT isolated and characterized? What form was it in? oil or crystal. How did the taste compare to dmt?

I wonder too, it would be very interesting to know how the NMT was isolated (I infer from your posts that it wasn't synthesised) since it might
help us find a way to separate it from Acacia Confusa alks extracts.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

nen888
#11 Posted : 7/13/2011 1:16:05 PM
member for the trees

..as explained in entheogenic effects of NMT, by column & paper chromatography.
paper was best..a lot of experimentation was required...

justine
#12 Posted : 7/13/2011 3:33:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
..as explained in entheogenic effects of NMT, by column & paper chromatography.
paper was best..a lot of experimentation was required...

Oh sorry I hadn't seen that thread, well anyway thanks a lot for all the work you are sharing, I'm quite flabbergasted to realize that nearly no official research has
been performed on this molecule, but we all know why...
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

BeautyBeyondTheGrasp
#13 Posted : 12/10/2011 12:42:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This thread needs to be brought back. Swim believes part of understanding DMT is understanding the effects of the tryptamines closest to it. This goes for others. He wont put too much of a challenge on SWIU, but swims living with parents, has had little college, yet has no problem taking on attempting some NMT, or even NET and MET extracts!? CMon Scientests, do someone who isn't us some justice...

Someone, save Him the hastle as he is swamped, but he is fairly interested, and wants to explore these possibilities as much as any other.

please help him out, but one way or another, he will check back in the month and maybe start one of these projects.

SO, for NMT.... can anyone find any good experience links? extraction teks? He has come up with nothing.

What say they?

SpartanII
#14 Posted : 12/10/2011 1:11:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I AM SWIM wrote:
nen888 wrote:

Have you ever read Carlos Castaneda's works? I'm pretty sure don Juan said something of that nature.
But there are other books on Shamanism that basically say the same thing, even academic sources.
Interesting. Shocked

"I am outlining the order in which the new seers arranged the truths about awareness, so it will serve you as a map, a map that you have to corroborate with your seeing , but not with your eyes.
Everybody falls pray to the mistake that seeing is done with the eyes. Seeing is not a matter of the eyes.
Seeing is alignment and perception is alignment. The alignment of the Indescribable Force 's emanations used routinely is the perception of the day-to-day world, but the alignment of emanations that are never used ordinarily is seeing . When such an alignment occurs one sees . Seeing , therefore, being produced by alignment out of the ordinary, cannot be something one could merely look at. So, don't succumb to the way seeing is labeled and described.
When seers see , something explains everything as the new alignment takes place. It's a voice that tells them in their ear what's what. If that voice is not present, what the seer is engaged in isn't seeing."

-Don Juan to Carlos Castaneda, The Fire From Within Wink

Ovidroid
#15 Posted : 12/10/2011 4:30:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm... makes me wonder if some yellowish/amberish (SWIM is colorblind) liquid that came from a pull after a long STB soak, and which won't freeze precip or separate in a sodium carbonate wash, is this NMT. Or if it is just stubborn plant oil that wants so desperately for some kind of attention or use (DMT-scented candles?) that it won't go away.

AnuAzrael
#16 Posted : 7/15/2013 10:20:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Nen888! Smile
I saw the talk you gave at Breaking Convention.
I am very excited about what might be possible with NMT in the sphere of the work I do.
I am a Family Constellation therapist, it is a phenomenological approach to therapy and a meditation. It supports us to come out of our minds and let ourselves become aware of and be moved by something deeper. If what you say is true and NMT is legal and facillitates a deepening of spatial awareness then I would very much like to experiment with it personally with the view to using it in a workshop setting with clients.

I wonder if theres an email or mobile I can get you on?

Many Thanks
Anu Azrael

www.familyconstellationuk.com
anu@familyconstellationuk.com

quantimoto
#17 Posted : 10/2/2018 5:12:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM believes this is an NMT experience but would appreciate it other members could chime in.
NO other DMT experience has been able to replicate this, having tried doses as high as 250mg with and without harmalas (SWIM does not recommend 250gs of DMT while on 200mgs of harmalas).

In any case, this DMT was yellow, and like large grains of sand. Smell was DMT-like.

On to identifying characteristics:

1) would not vaporize or even burn with direct flame. Could not get to ignite. Used a titanium nail and a ceramic heating element that plugs in and is meant for THC wax to finally get it to vaporize/smoke.

2) turned into a molasses like syrup on the nail. Took 10+ large hits in rapid succession.

3) trip is much more geometric (eyes closed) than DMT. The room is a series of rotating shapes. After you pass the room, which you must mentally submit to, you blast off into another universe.

4) much more 'epic' as a consciously observable journey than DMT alone. Similar visuals. SWIM assumes some synergy happening with DMT, but cannot be sure.

Was able to consistently get this experience from 10g of this (over 20 or so sessions). SWIM Assuming 'this' is ACRB yielding NMT+DMT - but do not know how to recreate.

What tek is best when aiming for this? Is above consistent with assumption/conclusion?

Any help much appreciated. @nen888 especially as the resident expert on this.

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 10/2/2018 10:45:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

quantimoto wrote:
SWIM believes this is an NMT experience but would appreciate it other members could chime in.
NO other DMT experience has been able to replicate this, having tried doses as high as 250mg with and without harmalas (SWIM does not recommend 250gs of DMT while on 200mgs of harmalas).

In any case, this DMT was yellow, and like large grains of sand. Smell was DMT-like.

On to identifying characteristics:

1) would not vaporize or even burn with direct flame. Could not get to ignite. Used a titanium nail and a ceramic heating element that plugs in and is meant for THC wax to finally get it to vaporize/smoke.

2) turned into a molasses like syrup on the nail. Took 10+ large hits in rapid succession.

3) trip is much more geometric (eyes closed) than DMT. The room is a series of rotating shapes. After you pass the room, which you must mentally submit to, you blast off into another universe.

4) much more 'epic' as a consciously observable journey than DMT alone. Similar visuals. SWIM assumes some synergy happening with DMT, but cannot be sure.

Was able to consistently get this experience from 10g of this (over 20 or so sessions). SWIM Assuming 'this' is ACRB yielding NMT+DMT - but do not know how to recreate.

What tek is best when aiming for this? Is above consistent with assumption/conclusion?

Any help much appreciated. @nen888 especially as the resident expert on this.

This thread is 5 years dormant but, whatever...

Did you extract this substance yourself? If so, what was the starting material?

From the physical properties and weak potency (500mg for a single hit - seriously?) described it sounds like you're either trying to smoke a DMT salt or you 'somehow' have got your material contaminated with something like sugar.

NMT would consist of an oily goo without particularly significant visual effects.

It probably would be prudent of you to stop smoking this unknown material, whatever you believe it to be.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

quantimoto
#19 Posted : 10/3/2018 3:28:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

no,this was obtained elswehere. And sorry the 10mg/20 is not correct. 1mg/20 is the intended math.

This was yellow crumb like in texture and meant for FB. Something about the way it was crystallized made it hard to vaporize. Perhaps the goo was somehow solidified and dried over time? it smelled like DMT and it was advertised as such. It had some similar effects, but not was not pure, that I'm sure of.

I'm wondering if xylene might be a differentiator along with it being from ACRB, but I am just speculating.

I am fairly confident this is some sort of DMT tek on one of the known sources.

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 10/3/2018 7:39:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Perhaps... I'm wondering if... but I am just speculating
Quote:
was not pure, that I'm sure of.

And that, my friend, is why you should be extracting it for yourself. Chemical analysis does not run on guesswork and speculation.
Quote:
it smelled like DMT
So do mothballs.

Among the relevant information contained in the Attitude Page are outlines about critical thinking and quality of information.
Quote:
no,this was obtained elswehere.
... it was advertised as such.
Also have a look at the section about sourcing.

Quote:
I am fairly confident this is some sort of DMT tek on one of the known sources.

If you had extracted it for yourself you would know the source and the method of extraction.

Sorry if all this comes across as a bit harsh - but now for the good news: you've found the DMT nexus! We've a wealth of information here and a great community of people who can help you along the way. Once you've familiarised yourself with this site a bit more you'll be wondering why you ever bothered with the dubious stuff.

Welcome to the Nexus Smile

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT