We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Will DMT change me? Options

Cosmic V.O.C.
#1 Posted : 7/1/2011 11:20:36 PM

Michael

I have done a lot of research on DMT lately and I have come across some commonalities I see everywhere. The one that catches my eye the most is the idea that nothing will seem the same after the use of DMT. Is this true? Will I look at EVERYTHING I'm used to seeing everyday in a different way after I experience DMT? I'm EXTREMELY curious about this.
"Life is Just a Beautiful Death"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

rOm
#2 Posted : 7/2/2011 12:03:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well. It depends the way you interpret.
And I have only my own experience, but life is still the same but with some others room to explore it seems.
Which make this one, even more rich.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

distracted
#3 Posted : 7/2/2011 12:06:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmic V.O.C. wrote:
I have done a lot of research on DMT lately and I have come across some commonalities I see everywhere. The one that catches my eye the most is the idea that nothing will seem the same after the use of DMT. Is this true? Will I look at EVERYTHING I'm used to seeing everyday in a different way after I experience DMT? I'm EXTREMELY curious about this.

In my opinion, most psychedelics should be taken with an open mind towards positive change.
With a tool as powerful as DMT, if it tries to teach you something about how you experience every day reality or show you something like a powerful entity contact or anything "earth-shaking" and you come back and instead of trying to integrate it you fight it, it could cause some real dissonance in your daily life. But if you integrate, it can help you see things in a clearer fashion.

Really, I think it depends on where you are in your life before hand, that will determine how or if you are changed.

EDIT:
And rOm brings up an important point as well, it is also up to how you interpret it.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis

Enoon
#4 Posted : 7/2/2011 12:22:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

There is a quote that says "no single thing abides, but all things flow."

the world will change you. The idea that you remain the same from one moment to the next is an illusion. Every experience you have changes you, every second changes you. Perhaps dmt will make you notice this more, or perhaps it will change you in other ways. Certain is only that change occurs incessantly... IMO/IME at least
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

soulthatcreates
#5 Posted : 7/2/2011 12:37:08 AM

simply beautiful

Enoon wrote:
There is a quote that says "no single thing abides, but all things flow."

the world will change you. The idea that you remain the same from one moment to the next is an illusion. Every experience you have changes you, every second changes you. Perhaps dmt will make you notice this more, or perhaps it will change you in other ways. Certain is only that change occurs incessantly... IMO/IME at least

Well put! Smile
This, what I'm experiencing now, is a whole new level of my being.

tetra
#6 Posted : 7/2/2011 12:48:43 AM

BaconBerry

Only one true way to find out . . .
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

Cosmic V.O.C.
#7 Posted : 7/2/2011 3:46:27 AM

Michael

Thanks. From reading other's experiences with DMT I can't help but think it will change the way I look at some things. I know going into a DMT experience with an open mind is the only way to do it. I can comfortably say that I DEFINITELY have an open mind towards DMT. Of course I must experience it to know so yes Tetra.. there is only one way to find out! I just wish it was easier to obtain (of course i would NEVER purchase it). Extracting it myself is the only way I could comfortably do it (as it should be), but who knows when I will have the time and place to extract it myself. Thankfully there are some very good Teks here to follow so when that time comes, I will be ready!

Cosmic V.O.C.
#8 Posted : 7/2/2011 3:49:06 AM

Michael

One more thing! I DEFINITELY will come out of my first DMT experience with a positive outlook on it. The way I see it, I'm going to learn something no matter the outcome!

HermeticShaman
#9 Posted : 7/2/2011 4:01:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, you'll learn something alright... No doubt about that. Be prepared to be blown away.
"'Tis true, without falsehood, certain and most true.
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother,
the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse."

-Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

۩
#10 Posted : 7/2/2011 4:03:34 AM

yes

blacklist666
#11 Posted : 7/2/2011 10:04:01 AM

imagined clarity

"The one that catches my eye the most is the idea that nothing will seem the same after the use of DMT. Is this true?
Will I look at EVERYTHING I'm used to seeing everyday in a different way after I experience DMT? I'm EXTREMELY curious about this."

Putting life into perspective has become allot easier for me. It eroded illusion for me. Gave me clearer sense of purpose. Cut the head off my ego, and handed it back to me with a new found meaning and purpose for life. For me, everyone else seemed unenlightened (For a while) because they have not lifted the veil. It allowed me to break free of the ruts my animal nature had gotten me in. There are so many ways life is different now it's kind of pointless to remark on them all because doing DMT once allowed me to change my perspective. Instead of looking through life with a pair of spectacles, I use to look at it through a pair of "scepticals" =) DMT gave me real sight without the need of a lens. I can be all points of view concurrently. (Your mileage may vary)

I= SWIM = Not Me. The I AM I Does Not Exist, and is Referenced to SWIM Who Is Not A Friend I Never Met, Nor Hallucinated While Imagining The Is-ness of Suchness That Is SWIM Who Is Not Me, Myself, Nor I As The Expression Of Non Dual Aspect of Non-Dual Reality Subjectively Denied By Swim, or accompanying Me-Anti-ness'es. =) All Credit Goes To The ANTI-SWIM'ness of SWIM's cousin's room-mate's uncle's deceased cat's in-law's second removed nephew's aunt WHOM authored SWIM's 2000 Year Old Desert Scribblings from a drunk rabbit in the Serengeti desert found in an insane asylum under water, on Easter eggs, crucified by the on fire pagan music listening christian maniac from India running around believing he was Jesus repenting this bush he called the Acacia tree; So I Heard from a bum who claims to be SWIM, But I Forgot... And Again, "I" Refers To Someone Who Is Not Me.

synchroneyes
#12 Posted : 7/2/2011 11:45:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It WILL change you but you would still change without it.
I would suggest allowing it to happen without effort. When it does occur you will be ready and able.
I found my first journey took 10 years to find. It was easy to accept as i knew i wanted change and saw my death peacefully in the first few moments, so I let go and allowed myself to trust and enjoy.
More than enough was presented to integrate, however it was not overwhelming to be saturated with information. It was like you could drink it all up and still have room for more. It was like every grain of sand told a story as my eyes swept across the vista. I listened and had time of all the details without any sense of strain.
You will be ready, and you will see another part of your universal self.
Good fun to you and your friends.

Standing at the precipice of death I held an awesome view of life.

tobecomeone00
#13 Posted : 7/2/2011 6:52:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll make it simple....you change YOURSELF....the DMT leads you to all those good, juicy positive ideas that will manifest the change in your life...all of a sudden, you are interested in Nature, reading and knowledge, and different cultures as well as spiritual practices...all of a sudden, there is a God (if you were an atheist), and if you weren't an atheist, you realize that YOU are God...This is what they call Ego Death...release from form and a return to The Self...You don't find DMT, DMT finds you...if you have been offered DMT, I'd take it as a sign, and delve into it...As Mr. Mkenna said, "The notion of a person going through their entire life without having experienced the psychedelic state of being makes me as edgy as the notion of going through life without ever having a sexual experience...It means you did not roll up your sleeves and play in the game...you were a spectator"
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

soulfood
#14 Posted : 7/2/2011 6:53:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Before DMT I was a scruffy son of a bitch with bad hygiene and ate really shit meals.

Now I'm most dandy in my attire and a pretty good cook, I have a better understanding of how I am the way I am and know the steps I need to take to change. I was a virgin until 6 months after my first profound experience... could be co-incidence, but I definately interact better with people now and have more confidence in myself.

Oh! I also have a very negative outlook on society and find negative attributes of others harder to ignore, though I'm allround more understanding of the situation.

In terms of spirituality, I'm the same as I ever was and I don't go around screaming about ET coming to take my children in 2012.

Your results will most certainly vary Smile

SWIMfriend
#15 Posted : 7/2/2011 7:10:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You probably shouldn't experiment with DMT; it will make your personality more like that of the honey badger...and even the honey badger narrator, as well. Pleased

kyrolima
#16 Posted : 7/2/2011 7:50:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NO, it won't change you, don't worry, no substance ever changed you!
elusive illusion

RovaRusty
#17 Posted : 7/2/2011 8:44:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It will change the way you think about things, you will probably do some things differently depending what happened during your trip.

RayOfLight
#18 Posted : 7/3/2011 4:56:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sure as hell changed me.... big time. for the better of course Smile
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

blacklist666
#19 Posted : 7/3/2011 5:12:29 AM

imagined clarity

Humor: I mean, god forbid you become a more effective human being on planet earth, realize truth, let go of false purpose and blast open your third eye out your skull! Don't worry your brains won't fall out, they'll explode! (But It'll make you happy!) =) *Kids* You wouldn't want that!

Seriously though. I smoked 50mg once, it's been about a month, and there's no difference in me whatsoever according to my friends, business colleagues, family except "I got smarter" so I was told by quite a few guys & gals. The only side effects I have are seeing little shadows outside of my peripheral vision occasionally, but that has been fading in time just like any other drug come down where that's a side effect. I look at options of perspective more multi-tool-ishly <-(New Word.) I can quickly take things apart and put them back together again in my head. (spatial cognitive abilities jumped dramatically) There are all kinds of interesting side effects; however none of these skills came without putting the right intention behind the trip for me, and I must give credit to past psychedelic use for showing me how to grow my brain in the first place. (Using recurrent psychedelic experiences with good gaps of time in between to integrate)

I can easily say that if I didn't respect DMT for the powerful drug that it is I would probably have had a more random encounter.
I= SWIM = Not Me. The I AM I Does Not Exist, and is Referenced to SWIM Who Is Not A Friend I Never Met, Nor Hallucinated While Imagining The Is-ness of Suchness That Is SWIM Who Is Not Me, Myself, Nor I As The Expression Of Non Dual Aspect of Non-Dual Reality Subjectively Denied By Swim, or accompanying Me-Anti-ness'es. =) All Credit Goes To The ANTI-SWIM'ness of SWIM's cousin's room-mate's uncle's deceased cat's in-law's second removed nephew's aunt WHOM authored SWIM's 2000 Year Old Desert Scribblings from a drunk rabbit in the Serengeti desert found in an insane asylum under water, on Easter eggs, crucified by the on fire pagan music listening christian maniac from India running around believing he was Jesus repenting this bush he called the Acacia tree; So I Heard from a bum who claims to be SWIM, But I Forgot... And Again, "I" Refers To Someone Who Is Not Me.

Cosmic V.O.C.
#20 Posted : 7/3/2011 6:34:24 AM

Michael

Thanks again for all the great replies! I hope DMT finds me soon enough; while I'm awake of course Razz

12NEXT