We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
cactus rescue and response team Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 7/1/2011 7:07:24 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

so yesterday i woke up and knew, this day i must fetch my cacti.
it was impossible to ignore this feeling even tho it was a random unselected day - just favorable weather wize
so i take a drive down to my old house and as i get there - the dreaded gsg(garden services gangsters) were there rake and spade at hand.
all my cacti - yote graphts and all were piled up in the dirt - some chopped/grazed/broken - but nothing time wont heal.
now keep in mind i chased this garden services fucker off my property last time with my airrifle -to his face - as he had ignored me and come onto my property despite my repeated warnings to get lost - long story yeah.

so anyway - the cacti had called me so strongly i couldnt ignore it - yet i was unaware i was being called - i just acted accordingly
oddly this also throws a timebender into the equation - i had known that morning what i had to do - yet nothing had occured yet - cactus based foresight ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Once
#2 Posted : 7/1/2011 2:49:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dang Phlux, good save! That would have been such a shame to lose all of those cacti. It will take a little more work, but perhaps your bond with these plants will be even stronger now. After all, considering what the cacti give to us, it only seems fair to help them out. Good luck getting everyone re-established.
So was this at an apartment or something? It's not like cactus are weeds, or some kind of invasive. The "Garden" guy wants to kill the plants? Ridiculous.
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 7/1/2011 8:36:36 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

cacti other than a rhipsalis spp are not indigenous to where i live and opuntia and cereus are known weeds here - cereus is simmilar but i think the motivation was a hidden and sinister one - but anyway we live and learn.
some of them are my first cacti that iv had close to me for many many years.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

mew
#4 Posted : 7/3/2011 6:27:55 AM

huachumancer

glad you heard the warning that was sent