We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dull visions anyone? Options

RayOfLight
#1 Posted : 6/30/2011 9:08:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering if any of you have noticed a difference in vision quality related to harmala dosage.

I've had two pharma trips where I was a little light on the harmalas (one time I took 200mg extracted from rue the other time a weak cappi tea) and both of those times the visions I had seemed dull and lacking vibrant color.

didn't get too much positivity out of the trip either, any thoughts?
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#2 Posted : 6/30/2011 12:00:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Even at identical diet and dosage, I get WILDLY different experiences. Some times a light dose will throw me through a portal so hard I wake up drooling on the floor... Sometimes a heavy dose will only give me the dim, blocky brown and red comedown CEV's.

That being said, the other mental and sensory stuff like stillness of mind, peacefulness, euphoria, lassitude etc are pretty consistent.

I had to spend a few weeks dosing harmalas only to figure out what consistently works for me orally or smoked. Orally I need 400-500 mg to get anywhere... Pretty heavy per all the info out there. BUT, smoking changa I use less than 20% harmala to spice or I get a serotonin toxicity thing happening. I chalk it up to individual physiology. I dunno.

Anyhow, I would play with your harmalas for a week or two to get them really tweaked for you. I even keep a dose log to track everything and progress in a logical stepwise fashion.

Edit: orally I have a lot of variability. Smoking or vaping is spot on 95% or better.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

jamie
#3 Posted : 6/30/2011 3:00:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

are you sure you are getting seratonin syndrom effects? Tremors are normal IME with harmalas and do not necessarily mean toxicity. If I take cannabis with harmalas though then it gets rough...

I find that the best way to smoke for a full experience is to take oral harmalas, with oral DMT and then smoke. Even if the oral dose is just a light peripheral dose..once you smoke it will all fully activate.

200mg of rue alkaloids pure would be heavy for me ray, but if it is not enough for you then up the dose. I like to take enough harmalas so I can feel definate effects from them alone. If the DMT does not hit much then at least I still have a harmala expereince and feel great..or I grab the pipe. Do not be afraid to smoke with all that pharma in you..it is incredibly intense but worth it imo.

Good luck Smile !
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 6/30/2011 5:29:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
In my experience, 'dullness' is often the result of running low on sugar or oxygen. Try if eating fresh fruits or taking a broncholidating substance during the journey changes anything.

#5 Posted : 6/30/2011 5:41:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
are you sure you are getting seratonin syndrom effects? Tremors are normal IME with harmalas and do not necessarily mean toxicity. If I take cannabis with harmalas though then it gets rough...

I find that the best way to smoke for a full experience is to take oral harmalas, with oral DMT and then smoke. Even if the oral dose is just a light peripheral dose..once you smoke it will all fully activate.

200mg of rue alkaloids pure would be heavy for me ray, but if it is not enough for you then up the dose. I like to take enough harmalas so I can feel definate effects from them alone. If the DMT does not hit much then at least I still have a harmala expereince and feel great..or I grab the pipe. Do not be afraid to smoke with all that pharma in you..it is incredibly intense but worth it imo.

Good luck Smile !

I can't be certain, but I get nausea, the GI upset, uncontrollable shivers in addition to significant tremor, sweating, pounding headache (probably the bloodpressure spike). This only seems to happen with normal (for other people) smoked doses. Oral, I can bomb that shit with relative impunity. I dunno.

I agree with the oral DMT then smoking-on-top, getting googly eyed on aya/pharma and vaping when you muster the coordination...that's an all day roller coaster of reality dissolution.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

#6 Posted : 6/30/2011 6:00:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, as polytrip stated above, diet plays a huge part in the experience IMO. Good advice, that.

RayOfLight
#7 Posted : 7/1/2011 3:21:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always give so much of what I extract away that I only get maybe 3 or so trips out of every extraction I do and it seems like every batch I extract has different effects.

right now I have about 6 grams of dmt and 12 grams of harmalas after giving 10 doses away today so I'm going to keep this batch for myself mostly and try to see if I can tweek the dose to find my sweet spot.

I've really been having awesome breakthroughs on mushrooms lately, I find them more forgiving and easier to dose.

Time to saddle up for some experimenting.

I'm going to try 250 or 300 harmalas next time. I'm also going to experiment with having more sugar in my system.

I also have a liquid oxygen supplement I'll try with my next dose .

Thanks for the advise.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

kyrolima
#8 Posted : 7/7/2011 10:50:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had WORLDS of differences with the same dosage - it's all about YOU!
elusive illusion