We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
<3 Options

athousandeyes
#1 Posted : 6/29/2011 4:40:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool Hello Nexus! I have recently began to dabble in the wondrously easy glory of HDPE containment. I didn't want to toss out some soup I had so I put it in some milk jugs. I decided to do some pulls on this. Bad idea, even though it looked rather bountiful. Don't waste your time on diminishing returns. It really did look like a good pull, all dark yellow, but the final product was less than a gram. It was DAAARK orange red (STB pulled with just toluene, sodium carb wash and evapped). But, the up side is that I found out through experience that HDPE containment is awesome! Heat transfers to the liquid within MUCH better than glass. The stuff had me wary at first, but I might pull with HDPE in the future... Tell me your thoughts on HDPE!
NowHere.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

E-Z
#2 Posted : 6/29/2011 5:53:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IMO HDPE2 is the way to go. It is cheap, clean, and very sturdy. I use milk jugs for every extraction now.
"I bought a gun and chose drugs instead."
-Kurt Cobain

"Idleness is the beginning of all vice, the crown of all virtues."
- Franz Kafka

lohes
#3 Posted : 6/30/2011 5:33:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there anything else to use? (besides glass, which lye eats anyway)

athousandeyes
#4 Posted : 8/28/2011 4:00:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

see, that is my hang up on HDPE. if lye eats the glass, then how does it not eat plastic?
NowHere.

Purges
#5 Posted : 8/28/2011 10:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend uses milk jugs now too, cheap, easily replaceable and safe with Lye as far as I am aware ( iread it on here, so must be true Razz)
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Enoon
#6 Posted : 8/28/2011 10:57:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

athousandeyes wrote:
see, that is my hang up on HDPE. if lye eats the glass, then how does it not eat plastic?

lye does not *eat* the glass, it reacts with it. it has to do with the chemical properties of both the lye and the glass. In the case of HDPE the two chemicals don't react.
Some combinations of chemicals are more reactive than others. some are totally inert. Nothing is eating anything here...
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction