We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV6465666768NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

nen888
#1301 Posted : 5/4/2013 5:07:04 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^.. A. retinodes has been naturalised in Europe for 150 years or more..EDIT (but isn't the tree in question)
i very much doubt A. confusa could cope with the cold and, other than indoors and recently, i've never heard of confusa in europe..

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#1302 Posted : 5/4/2013 5:19:17 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..EDIT: due to extreme rush still thinking about the ID
but an A. retinodes european result would be big news..

acacian
#1303 Posted : 5/4/2013 5:24:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just wondering kiang, did you use phyllodes or bark?

kiang
#1304 Posted : 5/4/2013 8:31:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Guys hold on there please.. you're confusing the photos. The extraction was done on phyllodes from this tree:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=440932#post440932 (post 338 )

not this one:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=440933#post440933 (post 339)

the last tree (post 339) could be an acacia saligna.. my doubts are the tree from post 338. I haven't done any extraction on the acacia saligna, cause the phyllodes were stored not the optimal way and got moldy Crying or very sad
Anyway, the mysterious acacia will get an opportunity for it to grow on my garden as i will collect some seeds to grow ieeei Big grin

Now the tricky part is to smoke this stuff. I never smoked anything so its a challenge. Have to schedule a night to watch the stars..

acacian
#1305 Posted : 5/4/2013 9:00:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for letting us know... you had me excited and now you have me curious....and excited Smile

the tree has similarities to melanoxyn.. other than that I am clueless sorry

nen888
#1306 Posted : 5/5/2013 9:30:46 AM
member for the trees

kiang wrote:
Guys hold on there please.. you're confusing the photos. The extraction was done on phyllodes from this tree:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=440932#post440932 (post 338 )

not this one:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=440933#post440933 (post 339)

the last tree (post 339) could be an acacia saligna.. my doubts are the tree from post 338. I haven't done any extraction on the acacia saligna, cause the phyllodes were stored not the optimal way and got moldy Crying or very sad
Anyway, the mysterious acacia will get an opportunity for it to grow on my garden as i will collect some seeds to grow ieeei Big grin

Now the tricky part is to smoke this stuff. I never smoked anything so its a challenge. Have to schedule a night to watch the stars..

..yeah, i started to realise the second pictures may be A. saligna, though it's not as common in europe as retinodes afaik..the first lot (your extraction) is looks like A. retinodes..

i've re-attached the right images of the tree you extracted in the post above..
it does look like it may not be retinodes..
nen888 attached the following image(s):
A. retinodes phyllode and flower, broad form.jpg (55kb) downloaded 213 time(s).

kiang
#1307 Posted : 5/5/2013 2:05:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

nen888, i really don't think it is an acacia retinodes, what i have extracted. The images from this post, https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=440932#post440932 , don't have the central "vein" as has retinodes.

And i assure you that the tree is nothing alike with retinodes. But i don't know if a retinodes variation like that is possible, or if it is that what you might suggest.. I have to take a better picture from the tree and a better closeup..

It looks like an acacia melanoxylon, but that has little to no spice (from what i found in theory). But bottom line, i really don't know what it is.. Anyway the last test is to bioassay, and that might be a problem for me cause i don't have experience in smoking, but i let you know the results if you will.

Now i'm extracting the acacia longifolia, https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=440929#post440929 ,and the final ethanol wash is ongoing, the residue left don´t seem to smell so much like the mystery acacia and the MHRB extraction.

thanks

nen888
#1308 Posted : 5/5/2013 2:12:56 PM
member for the trees

^..ok, you may well be right..i was rushed..then i could only hazard A. longifolia or A. melanoxylon as a guess..pods, flowers?
but it doesn't seem to have the numerous finer parallel veins of these species

it looked to me like a central vein on the bottom pic, though the top pic looks different..much like the above species..it's looking more unlike retinodes the longer i look at it (which until now was on a phone!Sad )

acacian
#1309 Posted : 5/5/2013 2:15:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kiang.. i believe there has been the odd finding of dmt in acacia melanyxon before... melanyxon is an interesting one as there is a lot of genetic variance so kind of hard to definitively say whether it contains alkaloids or not..melanyxon in one area may be quite different to those of another area. i talked to an aboriginal man who spoke of tribal use of a "highly active" melanyxon down here.. this particular strain had a much deeper presence to it than other melanoxyn I'd come accross. something that really stuck out to me was the exquisite and somewhat phlebo vein patterns to it as well.. in i've noticed a somewhat majestic complexity to the vein patterns of quite a few active acacias.. seems to be an interesting trend-and one of the trees many ways of speaking to us

I would not be surprised if we saw more alkaloid findings in melanoxyn pop up in the near future..

kiang
#1310 Posted : 5/5/2013 2:31:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

nen888, from what i remember from some years ago, when i passed there, the pods were curly.

acacian, it strikes me that after i powderized the phylodes of the mystery acacia, and put some sodium carbonate on it, it smelt already of "new shoes" Drool much more so than with MHRB at the same extraction stage.. i don't have a precise scale, but i guess i extracted more crystals from the mystery acacia than from MHRB (notice that it was just my 2nd attempt in my life at extracting ANYTHING).

I definitly have to take some better pictures, maybe this coming week. I'll report..

cheers

acacian
#1311 Posted : 5/5/2013 2:49:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah i've gotten that new shoes smell at basification stage too but with NaOH..i've gotten that smell from extractions with no dmt though as well as simply from adding NaOH to warm water so I've come to the conclusion the base itself can smell similar. look forward to the new pictures .. and reports Smile .. have you bioassayed the extract yet?

nen888
#1312 Posted : 5/5/2013 5:10:41 PM
member for the trees

..hey apologies acacians for the pre-emptive ID mix-up..i've been totally saturated lately by acacia ID images (it's like a greenoutSmile), but now that i look at kiang's pics for more than 30 secs, it doesn't look very retinodian..and i've had only minutes online lately..

clearer pics would be great kiang..especially showing nerve pattern..

i have witnessed a high yield melanoxylon..only once..

kiang, the tree in question (if it has many fine parallel veins, and 2-3 prominent, on phyllodes) may be A. sophorae..

hope to have more time later in the week..
you're doing a great job acacian and kiang without nen here..Smile thanks..and thanks all threaders

acacian
#1313 Posted : 5/6/2013 2:29:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks nen! Smile glad to help in anyway possible. there's been quite an influx of images and acacia inquiries here lately so its kept me nice and busy... the acacia sure is making itself known.

update on the 'mystery tree' of my own growing in the backyard. I'm thinking today may be the day to test the phyllodes.. its a beautiful day outside and its now been about four days since rain.. i'm not sure i'll get much of a more of a break from the next shower so I'll get one done quick before the next one. I've come to the conclusion that melbourne is not a very ideal place at all for testing acacia trees for research hoping to provide consistent info... in terms of weather, it just cannot make up its mind and I suspect that this may have to do with some of the inconsistencies.

I found it odd and intriguing that I didn't get any alkaloids from the mucronata the second time round not long after the first test-though I wonder 'whether the weather' may have something to do with it. i also didnt get to test the second tree again as my housemate had chucked the bag of phyllodes out when i got home from NSW . I did another recent bioassay of the last little bit of extract i had from it.. was probably about 10-15mg .. can still confidently say that it contains dmt. tracers and patterns present.. as well as the tryptamine "language"... an intriguing quality i found about it though which I haven't struck as much with other extracts was the deeply euphoric warming tingling sensation it gave me around my temple... not so dissimilar to the physical effects of opium. it was smoked on a beautiful starry night out in the garden and was a real "hit the spot" experience.. i look forward to working with this tree again. my housemates instead sampled some of the confusa extract that I had.. both loved it and really got in the zone.

..so my next plan is to go back to some of those mucronata and re-test them. mucronata is still the tree i've really got my eye on..i like the "cut of its jib' so to say Smile I collected seeds from the two trees from that sucessful extract last year.. unfortunately I mixed them though. I should have kept them separate as the genetics seemed to differ a bit between the two trees. the seeds and pods are all identical though so I remain confident that they are both mucronata as I think was the consensus reached a while back. and I also hope to save up for a nice camera soon.. i haven't been taking any photos lately as I don't have access to my housemates iphone very often and nor a car to travel out bush

hope to see nen888 back for more than a minute soon.. i'll get in touch with you over the next week or so it would be nice to 'catch up'. same goes for you seldom

... and wage.. should post your most recent findings up

acacian
#1314 Posted : 5/6/2013 11:14:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey nen regarding the high yielding melanyxon- could you describe some of its characteristics?

shanedudddy2
#1315 Posted : 5/7/2013 9:25:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wondering if anyone has any good quality pictures of Acacia Burkittii? I have found basically none...or nothing that identifies it from what I had found previously (both of which turned out to be mis-identifications).
Thanks Smile

acacian
#1316 Posted : 5/7/2013 9:32:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there seems to be a lacking of photos available of acacia burkitti... might be an idea to wait till it flowers to identify it.. it should be much easier when you see the yellow rods blooming

shanedudddy2
#1317 Posted : 5/7/2013 9:40:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

and then mark the location on a GPS and travel the 8 hours twice? :/
can`t the alkaloid levels be next to nothing when it Flowers :/
It seems like finding local sources of DMT is next to impossible here, and I am seriously not kidding.
Have performed A/B extractions on at least 10+ sources.
I believe some were mis-identification, but others are very unlikely to be...bringing into question in my mind how reliable or consistant acacia alklaoid levels are.
I have planted a number of plants here, so I`ll be set in 2-4 years down the track haha /sigh

nen888
#1318 Posted : 5/8/2013 4:04:28 AM
member for the trees

^..what many people are assuming is A. acuminata is A. burkittii (now considered a sub-variety of acuminata)
the reports are very consistent..

there are lookalikes, which is why flowers is so crucial..there will still be something in there when flowering..

the key thing about burkitti (other than flowers) is that the phyllodes are curved so as to look almost needle-like, but are not actually cylindrical (unlike one of the trees you posted pics of), and, like acuminata, usually have a distinct curvature of the apex/tip..[see attached images]

kiang..if the pods of the mystery tree were 'curvy' then A. melanoxylon would likely be the candidate..

and acacian, the active melanoxylon was of the kind with more maidenii-like phyllodes, and paler bark..

A. burkitti [= A. acuminata subsp. burkitti] images below:
nen888 attached the following image(s):
s3248watif2.jpg (37kb) downloaded 186 time(s).
A. burkittii.jpg (59kb) downloaded 188 time(s).

shanedudddy2
#1319 Posted : 5/8/2013 4:37:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Smile
I presume the flowering time is the same or similar to Acuminata? correct?
I will go back to the spot then.
Will be FAR easier to tell.
I think once I know how a matched species looks in person, they will be far easier to identify in the future without flowers, if that makes sense.

nen888
#1320 Posted : 5/13/2013 6:57:49 AM
member for the trees

..ok, a quick opinion rant on behalf of local trees..

it's been brought to my attention that a number of people are using acacias in place of chacruna in circles which they are calling 'Ayahuasca'..i feel this is both extremely disrespectful to the spirit of the Acacia, and not doing justice to the south american tradition (which is so fashionable atm) by substituting quite different charactered plants..if a specifically south american ritual is the aim, then just grow those plants..it doesn't take long..

and, especially, please don't wild harvest acacias for these purposes..i.e to be hidden in a brew with other intent..perhaps even commercial intent..

the acacia (in a number of continents) is it's own ancient lore and vibration..i would encourage people who seem in a hurry to take the time to learn for themselves how this spirit is different..and that can take time, and work..

but please..don't call tree based brews 'ayahuasca'..it's misrepresentation (even if merely intended as 'shorthand'Pleased..and as many acacias have additional alkaloids, such brews will not behave the same way..and can be even more demanding on diet (and intent)

«PREV6465666768NEXT»