We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3839404142NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

phyllode
#781 Posted : 10/29/2012 6:37:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pirateb0b wrote:
Quote:
As for the Corroboree, I post there about cultivation and avoid chemistry talk. Most threads I read (not ones I've posted in) seem to end in squabbling about some petty shit. Probably some scene bullshit I don't understand - but they seem helpful enough. My floribundas have just recently surpassed me in height.

So I'm one of those squabbling petty shit scene corroboree forum wankers. Smile Pardon me.
I just want to thank the creators of this thread for what you've done for everyone. Free flowing information.
I really like the Nexus and have been totally inspired by it.
So Mama Maidenii begat Nen who begat.
And Acacian and Seldom! Cool dudes. Or is that dudessess. And all the other Characters.

All I can personally add for now - DID YOU GUYS KNOW DMT AS WELL AS 5-TRI-METHOXY-TRYPTAMINE HAVE RECENTLY BEEN FOUND IN Citrus bergamia. Source Dennis McKenna recently. Earl Gray!

Oops. Wrong Family of Plants. Well I also did an A/B of Faidherbia albida Wink from 'Palestine'. Jesus! I'd say about 0.3 percent of Total Light from stem bark. Citric. Lye. Xylene. Fan Evap. Re X.

Thanks everyone in this thread. I've attached some photos in the Nen tradition an encourage all lurkers and guests to join so they can really see what it's all about.

I guess I better start contributing to get full membership. Sorry to butt in so rudely. Smile

phyllode attached the following image(s):
HI303-147.jpg (282kb) downloaded 363 time(s).
resized-web-small-CFU000420_lwr.jpg (18kb) downloaded 357 time(s).
free_israel_photos_trees_shita_500.jpg (226kb) downloaded 361 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

zombicyckel
#782 Posted : 10/29/2012 11:38:33 AM

Armchair activist

phyllode wrote:

All I can personally add for now - DID YOU GUYS KNOW DMT AS WELL AS 5-TRI-METHOXY-TRYPTAMINE HAVE RECENTLY BEEN FOUND IN Citrus bergamia. Source Dennis McKenna recently. Earl Gray!

Was the dmt in the fruit? I guess it not that easy Razz If so, what % was in there? Just get this feeling its not that easy, im guessing it would be pretty common in stores in that case. Is it safe if melatonin is in there? if one were to do an extraction could it be easy to seperate it from the dmt?

nen888
#783 Posted : 10/29/2012 10:49:59 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..ok..that was going to be It! 1888 posts..and someone's made an interesting enough post to lure me out..Smile
phyllode wrote:
Quote:
So Mama Maidenii begat Nen who begat.
And Acacian and Seldom! Cool dudes. Or is that dudessess. And all the other Characters.

Oops. Wrong Family of Plants. Well I also did an A/B of Faidherbia albida from 'Palestine'. Jesus! I'd say about 0.3 percent of Total Light from stem bark. Citric. Lye. Xylene. Fan Evap. Re X.
..welcome phyllode..lady of the fallen leaf Pleased ..i don't need to post on shaman aus with a militant plat activist like phyllode around..isn't there a Texas in queensland..? oops..Smile

zombicyckel wrote:
Quote:
Was the dmt in the fruit? I guess it not that easy If so, what % was in there? Just get this feeling its not that easy, im guessing it would be pretty common in stores in that case. Is it safe if melatonin is in there? if one were to do an extraction could it be easy to seperate it from the dmt?

..well, i can confirm via Snu Voogelbreinder that indeed small amounts of DMT and 5-Tri-Methoxy-Tryptamine (or similar) have been found in (i believe) the leaf of the Bergamot Tea plant (Citrus bergamia)Rutaceae..Earl Gary indeed! ..i don't know the %, but it wouldn't be hard to get bulk..extract a vat..ha.ha..as for the other tryptamines, i'm looking into them, but, as phyllode probably knows, i am a researcher of unknown tryptaimes from plants and their potential therapeutic or healing properties..so, unless receiving toxicological data, i wouldn't be trying to fool around with the plant's contents..i guess in the interests of interesting, a diversion into the Citrus family is ok..the Rutaceae family is rich in tryptamine alkaloids..the citrus family was, interesting, recently determined by genetic/molecular biologists to have originated in Australia..then spread to Asia via Indonesia..

....and yes, the restless botanists have reclassified Acacia albida as Faidherbia albida (Fabaceae) ..other african acacias have been renamed Senegalia, and some central American ones Vachellia..but they're all Acacias to me! Smile

..Ana Tree (or Winter Thorn) , a scared judaic/biblical tree, is, like many acacias, a world-class nitrogen-fixing tree, working closely with symbiotic micro-organisms to improve the land..from New Agriculturalist
Quote:
As a result of declining fertility and degraded soil, crops often fail or yields are low and farmers struggle to feed their families. With the impact of global warming, farmers have "never been less prepared," asserts Peter Aagaard, director of the Conservation Farming Unit (CFU), which is based in Zambia but has an increasing following in Malawi.
The solution, according to the CFU, lies in minimising soil disturbance, while boosting fertility through planting of the nitrogen-fixing acacia tree, Faidherbia albida.

..another top rated nitrogen fixer is the australian Acacia mearnsii, naturalised in South Africa and the USA..

below, Bergamot and then Ana Tree...

nen888 attached the following image(s):
bergamotteaplant.jpg (61kb) downloaded 321 time(s).
Bergamot Tea Document.gif (54kb) downloaded 316 time(s).
Acacia albida in Zambia.jpg (275kb) downloaded 317 time(s).
devi.jpg (16kb) downloaded 315 time(s).
African-elephant-browsing-on-ana-tree.jpg (67kb) downloaded 316 time(s).

nen888
#784 Posted : 10/30/2012 2:42:24 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..brucine sulphate is the salt (made with sulphuric acid) ..as the freebase it extracts, to my knowledge, at a lower pH window/range than, for instance, dmt..though i haven't personally done this..the probable lethal dose in humans is 1gram orally, the 30mg claim coming from a less reliable source..
..but, there is nothing to say that there isn't something else in that brand..

ps. staying tuned pirateb0b..Smile

phyllode
#785 Posted : 10/30/2012 5:57:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry. I had the wrong bergamot flower picture. Check your images first unlike me.
I also heard on an A.B.C. Radio Science program about Citrus originating in Australia. There's some indigenous limes.
I assume from the blurb you attached that Oil of Bergamot could be ordered by the ton!

I thought I should add that the Winter Thorn seemed like it may have had a little 5meo. Was super strong. And almost blinding at one point. Like MHRB with a drop of Desert Toad. Good tho.Smile
Nen, what do you think are the links between early Juda, Christianity and Acacias? Any?

nen888
#786 Posted : 10/30/2012 8:39:20 AM
member for the trees

..goodness! phyllode..and i meant 'plant' activist not plat activist, but now i think about it both are true Smile

..and you are an intelligent fiend, with a whole string of questions i bet designed to tease and lure me out of sabbatical..

now, first, i'm not a christian..(yeah, more 'acacian' ha ha if you'll excuse me Acacian)

so lets platt this out..first one should check the index on page one of the thread..and get your head rapped around that..then all could underlay the thread Gnosticism>Spirituality and Mysticism>dmt-nexus.me..and ponder the Essenes

..below a 'Christian' Church below an acacia tree (i think she's called Anna)
..now bring home the hard data Nexians..!
i won't come back till you do…and i don't want to give away my book yet Smile
0.jpg (299kb) downloaded 311 time(s).

zombicyckel
#787 Posted : 10/30/2012 1:40:54 PM

Armchair activist

What, one can use the oil? haha, if somebody ever tries I sure want a tek. that stuff is on sale everywhere.

Lets forget the bible and stick to important acacia info instead. No need to clutter up this straight forward thread Very happy No pun intended to your knowledge nen, as you I just suspect the guy is fishing for something.

nen888
#788 Posted : 10/30/2012 11:25:16 PM
member for the trees

^..you got it! ..like a fisherman with a net..
[EDIT: actually i know phyllode..yeah, phyllode's 'trouble' Smile..but ok..you better write an intro essay so they don't think you're the fuzz phyllode..]

really i'd like to see some more solid test/assay results come through on the thread, rather than speculation..that said, i'll have a go at any question! perhaps if they smoked more tree in israel and palestine they'd find more light, and a common cause..churches and religion are institutions of power structure and dogma..however, i do feel we can trace many of the visionary experiences which inspired such dogma to entheogenic origins..Acacias are about a lot more than DMT..ecology for a start..many kinds of medicine..they have world-wide CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE..this could help preserve them in the end..and for the n'th time - IMO Acacia is not the same as 'DMT'..(even in species where that's the main alkaloid) ..it's an experience with an ancient life-form's 'neurochemistry'..far, far older than ours..

Seldom
#789 Posted : 10/31/2012 4:46:09 AM

Wiradjuri

i always thought nen888 was phyllode ..

one thing that's missing from this thread that i'd love to see is people's experience with brewing.

also for those playing along at home i found the 'mearnsii' rootbark extraction i posted [negative] a while ago was a miss-id, the tree is actually a. filicifolia.

below is a split-and-bore method acacia wood didj i'm in the process of making, If you look into it you'll see a number of acacias such as melanoxylon and implexa are highly valued around the world for their beautiful acoustic properties ..

shine on crazy diamonds Pleased
Seldom attached the following image(s):
IMG_0865.jpg (83kb) downloaded 313 time(s).

phyllode
#790 Posted : 10/31/2012 4:55:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice looking didj Seldom

Yeah people think me Nen over there. I'm an agent and confidant. The militant end. But I'm no Nen.

And I've now quit the Shaman Australis Corroboree, as I'm sick of arguing with people there. My mission was against some of the worse tree exploiters out there, who still throw their jism about on that site.
But I find the whole place a bit commercial orientated despite it's front as a place of learning.
Who runs it?
Hope I've offended the greedy, and not any of you Nexians.
I will try to follow the Attitude guidelines of this great place.

And, sorry Nen. The christian question was a tease, but you do hint at these things at points in the thread.
Respect.

phyllode
#791 Posted : 10/31/2012 9:00:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I promise I won't clutter the Thread zombi Smile.
Seldom wrote:
Quote:
one thing that's missing from this thread that i'd love to see is people's experience with brewing.

Seldom, will you play us some didge if I tell you a short story?

A long time ago Mr nen and myself went for a bushwalk.
We found broken glass and plastic on the way and collected it in garbage bags. Eventually we came to a very old Dear Mother Tree. Her bark was so thick and fibrous. I stood in awe and Love. And nen said "I could never touch the trunk of such an ancient mother seed tree. She could be up to 250 years old! This one's not as fast growing in the wild as people say."
We nurtured her babies. We never took more than a little seed from her.
A few months later I went on a lone walk on a high mountain. I saw beautiful and rare Father trees. I did not want to take from them either. Then a voice said: "Look to the ground!" I saw many fallen leaves, some still green, others naturally dried. I collected about 9 handfulls. It was dry weather, so I didn't make a fire. I used a portable gas cooker to simmer the brown leaves for about half a night. Then I simmered it down the next day. That night I drank some with three spoons of Peganum neat. I followed the nen-method of intuition not exact measurement. It gave me a forceful but good Purge after half an hour. And wrapped me in a carpet of diamonds for as long as i needed. It was so much more gentle and forgiving than any other form of this medicine I've encountered. Except maybe cold infusion MamaAya and Chacruna Blanco.
Just be sure to leave some leaf for the tree.

And some Australian trees are more intense and less forgiving whatever you do. Know thy tree. Know what you are doing. And dieta.
And give back to the mother.

phyllode

acacian
#792 Posted : 10/31/2012 9:44:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

phyllode wrote:
I promise I won't clutter the Thread zombi Smile.
Seldom wrote:
Quote:

Seldom, will you play us some didge if I tell you a short story?

A long time ago Mr nen and myself went for a bushwalk.
We found broken glass and plastic on the way and collected it in garbage bags. Eventually we came to a very old Dear Mother Tree. Her bark was so thick and fibrous. I stood in awe and Love. And nen said "I could never touch the trunk of such an ancient mother seed tree. She could be up to 250 years old! This one's not as fast growing in the wild as people say."
We nurtured her babies. We never took more than a little seed from her.
A few months later I went on a lone walk on a high mountain. I saw beautiful and rare Father trees. I did not want to take from them either. Then a voice said: "Look to the ground!" I saw many fallen leaves, some still green, others naturally dried. I collected about 9 handfulls. It was dry weather, so I didn't make a fire. I used a portable gas cooker to simmer the brown leaves for about half a night. Then I simmered it down the next day. That night I drank some with three spoons of Peganum neat. I followed the nen-method of intuition not exact measurement. It gave me a forceful but good Purge after half an hour. And wrapped me in a carpet of diamonds for as long as i needed. It was so much more gentle and forgiving than any other form of this medicine I've encountered. Except maybe cold infusion MamaAya and Chacruna Blanco.
Just be sure to leave some leaf for the tree.

And some Australian trees are more intense and less forgiving whatever you do. Know thy tree. Know what you are doing. And dieta.
And give back to the mother.

phyllode

which species of acacia did you use phyllode? gotta love the fallen leaves

Major Tom
#793 Posted : 10/31/2012 10:00:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Phyllode , Re : Early Christianity , Judaism ,etc , and the significance of acacia in the ancient Biblical lands ; I also wondered about this - especially so after Jonathan Ott wrote of the " Placebo Sacrament " of modern Christianity . Obvious analogies can be inferred due to the presence of Peganum Harmala and acacias in the Middle East . This has more recently been explored by Luke A . Myers , in " Gnostic Visions " - ' Uncovering the Greatest Secret of the Ancient World ' ; [ iUniverse - www.iuniverse.com ; $ 32.95 ][ I got it through Booktopia [ Oz ] ] . Recommended , if interested in the subject ...Twisted Evil

acacian
#794 Posted : 10/31/2012 11:04:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a joke for fellow enthusiasts,,, how does a duck walk through a grove of acacia trees? it wattles

Seldom
#795 Posted : 10/31/2012 11:47:31 AM

Wiradjuri

^ hahaahahhahhahaahaha

wattle* we do with ye ..

acacian
#796 Posted : 11/1/2012 12:10:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how does a fleeing acacia get tailed by hunters? it gets phyllode

phyllode
#797 Posted : 11/1/2012 12:50:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Me A tree Antibody Smile.
acacian wrote:
Quote:
which species of acacia did you use phyllode? gotta love the fallen leaves

You're favourite I'm told. You like chilly high mountains too.
My usual ally of fallen leaves is floribunda. It's leaves can be bigger than it's bark. Wut?
And Seldom, easy to mix up mearnsii with others. Bark the clue for me. I can add A. irrorata negative.
But a few have spoken of the powers of the Black Wattle over the years, like nen says.
Acacias and Confucious. Now that'd be interesting Nen. What do ya think? haha
Nen who's being quiet put me on to this really good Acacia-Mystic-Historic blog called:
(Essay) ‘Archetype or Patriarchetype? A Brief History of the Symbolic Meanings of Thorn Trees’ part 2 by Kelly A. Greer
Here are some excerpts. Sorry for the length quotes, but they're good ones.Smile

Quote:
In Egyptian myth the god Set tricked his brother, Osiris, into lying down in a sarcophagus. Set closed the lid and sent Osiris down the Nile River where he finally came to rest in an acacia. The tree grew around the coffin and eventually concealed it. The tree was noticed by a nearby queen for its lovely fragrance and was cut and shaped into a pillar (known as the “djed”) and placed in the palace. In her search for Osiris, Isis found and recovered the pillar and so conceived Horus.

In ancient inscriptions Osiris is referred to as “the solitary one in the acacia,” and as “the one in the tree.” Osiris came to rule over the dead; however, his soul was said to live on in the Benu, or Phoenix, which has been depicted sitting in the branches of a tree above the grave or coffin of Osiris.

Among the Swazi of southeast Africa, fetching the acacia is a yearly ritual celebrated by the whole tribe. According to strict taboo, only boys who have not engaged in sexual relations cut branches of the tree. The branches are then ceremoniously carried into the cattle byre, or kraal, the next day. The Tswana of southern Africa also engage in a similar ritual involving the hack-thorn, which is used to build and repair the fences of their kraal...

...The symbolic use of varieties of thorn trees is also found throughout Europe and the British Isles, which is well documented into modern times. Historically they have been used as boundary markers, hedgerows, fences, and enclosures.

Throughout Ireland and the British Isles, single thorn trees were planted on top of ancestral burial mounds, some the sites of public assemblies. In Europe thorn trees are associated with funerals and placed atop graves. Thorn trees are the centerpiece of much myth and folklore; for example, they are the home of fairies. These contexts reveal a few historic and more recent applications of meanings associated with the archetypal symbol of the thorn tree and suggest further reasons that among all trees the thorn tree carries special significance. We can find its rituals and archetypal associations in the folk traditions of Old May Day, a pagan holiday that, unlike most, was not synchretized by the patriarchal bias of the Church. The patriarchal appropriation of archetypal symbols is thus disputed as we carry the spirit home...

(A Paper Presented at the S.W. Texas Popular Culture Conference, Albuquerque: New Mexico, February 11, 2006)
and a some of the comments:

Quote:
Posted on September 26, 2012 by inannamago | 3 Comments
Early Judaic and Islamic-based religions commonly denounced goddess worship. They simultaneously synchretized some of the same elements and locations associated with the pre-existing female deities they sought to defeat. The elder deities and sacred symbols were overlaid by patriarchal, male-dominated religions and have been held up as archetypes. I argue that these patriarchal patterns are better called “patriarchetypes” because they merely mask the true archetypes.

“He Who Dwelt in the Bush”: Thorn Trees in the Mosaic Tradition

Most people are familiar with the biblical accounts of Moses, the burning bush, and the Ark of the Covenant. Some may be aware that the Ark was made specifically out of shittim or acacia wood. What many people may not know is that acacias are thorn trees and that the burning-bush is also said to have been a thorn-bush. This is significant because not only were both considered to be the dwelling places of the Hebrew God, but even more so because in the ancient Middle and Near East thorn trees were first associated with and represented female deities.

The theophany of the burning-bush is found in Exodus 3:1-5 and again in Deuteronomy 33:16, where God is called “the Lord” and is referred to as “he who dwelt in the bush.” These references raise, yet do not answer, the question as to what kind of bush it was. To find the answer, we must look outside scripture. In “On the Life of Moses,” Philo wrote that the burning-bush “was a bush or briar, a very thorny plant,” and in the writings of the Roman historian Josephus, we find that “a fire fed upon a thorn bush.”

Later in Exodus, at Mt. Sinai, Yahweh instructed Moses to use acacia wood, a type of thorn tree, for the construction of the Ark of the Covenant, the sacred table, the tabernacle, and the altar. Where did this wood come from? According to Exodus 35:24, the Hebrews had it with them; “….every man, with whom was found shittim wood for any work of the service, brought it.” No other scriptural explanation is given regarding the source of the acacia wood. Rabbinical literature, however, does explain that, on the way to Egypt, Jacob went to Beersheba to cut down and harvest the groves that were planted there by Abraham. This act was not without great purpose, as we find much later that it was taboo to cut trees still growing there because they were consecrated only for the Ark.

She Who Resides within the Tree: the Thorn Tree in Arabic Tradition

The history of the ritualistic use of thorn trees is indicative of their significance and raises questions regarding their symbolic meaning. Clues to the answers to these questions survived into much later times, as we find in pre-Islamic Arabia.

There are many biblical references to the abolition of goddess worship, and according to the Koran, the foundation of Mohammed’s teachings in the seventh century CE also depended on this abolition. During this time he ordered acacia trees to be destroyed along with the shrines of the goddesses Al-Uzza, Al-Lat, and Manat. Al-Uzza was the goddess of the Quraysh tribe and also a deity of the Ghatfan tribe, who worshipped her in the form of an acacia tree. The Ghatfan constructed a temple called “Boss” over this tree, built so that it made a sound whenever someone entered. Under the instruction of Mohammed, in 629 CE Khalid Ibn Walid, a loyal follower, destroyed the tree and the temple and killed the priestess.

The gum of acacia trees was highly valued for several reasons, including the belief that it was a clot of the tree’s menstrual blood. This indicates that the tree was considered to be a woman. Within Islamic tradition this parallel has multiple meanings, as, according to the Koran, God created man from a clot of blood (96: 1-2). At birth, the gum of the acacia, or haid, was used as an amulet, rubbed on the heads of newborn babies to keep them safe from the jinn. In similar ceremonies, the shaved heads of newborns were typically daubed with the blood of a sacrificial animal, such as a sheep.

Mohammed had ordered the destruction of temples and acacia trees of the goddesses, yet he himself stood beneath such thorny branches as followers swore to him the “oaths of the tree.”

Ashera - snake goddess.
phyllode attached the following image(s):
asherah-snake.jpg (60kb) downloaded 298 time(s).

phyllode
#798 Posted : 11/1/2012 12:58:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh and thanks sweet Major Tom for further illuminating the tangent Smile.

nen888
#799 Posted : 11/1/2012 1:08:38 AM
member for the trees

..your onto it phyllode! Smile and Major Tom..ha,ha..

pirateb0b..aspects to meditate upon: - Filtration thoroughness - Re-X - NMT or Tryptamine, if present along with DMT will add to the experience, however more of the basic extract would be required for stronger effects...

Seldom, you saucer full of secrets, may the force be with you..and yes it's easy to mistake other acacias for
A. mearnsii..i have have seen material from central victoria which does contain entheogenic tryptamines, just not tested or assayed yet..the bark texture was near-black and deeply furrowed..material collected was from larger branch bark..it is ridiculously common in that part of australia, as well as parts of Africa and the USA..
take care all..

is this my last post...? the trees are calling..

ps. some 'see you in while' images to do with interesting info of the last 3 pages..Smile enjoy
the 2nd is an acacia in a Taoist monastery in Yunnan..the 2nd last is Shipibo art from the Amazon..
mearnsii.jpg (182kb) downloaded 292 time(s).
acacia tea gardens.jpg (152kb) downloaded 271 time(s).
Acacia tree, Puji Monastery, Yunnan.jpg (575kb) downloaded 270 time(s).
62601048.jpg (244kb) downloaded 269 time(s).
shipiboTextiles.jpg (87kb) downloaded 266 time(s).
yopo1.jpg (26kb) downloaded 261 time(s).

acacian
#800 Posted : 11/1/2012 1:34:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm thinking of testing some mearnsii too. they grow everywhere here. i have a special relationship with them already actually as I use its bippinate phyllodes as the base for my changa blends. There is something special about the mearnsii. beautiful smelling flowers too they are in blooming at the moment down here... the phyllodes when smoked on their own have a slight tryptamine taste too.. few people i've given em to have said the same

ahh the high altitude chilly acacia. i getchya Smile my favourite also.. though I'm sure i'd run into other favourites if i had access to them. don't make it your last post nen we all love hearing what you ahve to say on this thread

«PREV3839404142NEXT»