We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3031323334NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

nen888
#621 Posted : 7/6/2012 5:38:59 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..bitter can also be PEAs or fatty-acids..tryptamine species often have a particular 'astringency' to the phyllodes..after a bit of practice, i still swear by the 'leaf burning test' [see here, and next few posts..]..
Brickie wrote:
Quote:
The universe definitely recognised I was in need of some love and man it really lended me a hand there.. thankyou acacia for gifting me with such a beautiful experience!
..wonderful!..yeah, love the plants and they'll love you..Smile

Growpen..my final comment on technique for now will be..a) hold it in as long as possible b) if necessary use the 'ascending altitude' method, whereby as many successive inhalations (each held in as long as possible) are taken until, well..you have to put the device down while you can still feel it..this method is not as efficient as 1 or 2 big tokes (as it requires more material) but should get somewhere..there is very little (if any) tolerance..

..i agree with Seldom that A. implexa is a very likely tryptamine candidate..it does have alkaloids in the phyllodes, still awaiting identification/bioassay..

..and hi r2pi, good to hear from you (you sound like a droid from another galaxy far, far away Smile) and thanks for your feedback..in the weeks leading up to posting the thread i read a lot of past net forums, and noticed the state of knowledge seemed to stop circa 2004ish..look forward to your future input, oldhand..

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Gowpen
#622 Posted : 7/7/2012 1:15:35 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

nen888 wrote:
^.

Growpen..my final comment on technique for now will be..a) hold it in as long as possible b) if necessary use the 'ascending altitude' method, whereby as many successive inhalations (each held in as long as possible) are taken until, well..you have to put the device down while you can still feel it..this method is not as efficient as 1 or 2 big tokes (as it requires more material) but should get somewhere..there is very little (if any) tolerance..

Thanks nen, brickie, spice sailor and all, I finally made it, and had the red carpet layed out for me (literally).
GVG & 25mg Acuminata, amazing. Big grin
G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

nen888
#623 Posted : 7/12/2012 3:01:41 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..Very happy
Growpen wrote :
Quote:
I know of DMT only through Nexus and have no social reference for it. I am ‘drawn’ to making DMT, like the opening guy of ‘Close Encounters of the 3rd kind’ hahah, well not quite but I do feel a similarity.

..so, was it like any of the pictures below..?
(ha, ha..hold your visions within if you like tooSmile, which some tribes recommend)
..very happy for you bro..
nen888 attached the following image(s):
1287116913.jpg (81kb) downloaded 343 time(s).
jumpsuit -CE3K -1977.jpg (514kb) downloaded 344 time(s).
39.jpg (78kb) downloaded 342 time(s).
Acacia tree with twilight stars.jpg (252kb) downloaded 343 time(s).

nen888
#624 Posted : 7/12/2012 3:02:31 AM
member for the trees

..ps, endlessness..ok, i'm ready to completely re-write the INDEX if required..can you move some of those ID posts yet..? Smile

Seldom
#625 Posted : 7/12/2012 6:34:23 AM

Wiradjuri

hahahaha Very happy
i was lucky enough to launch a couple of days ago hanging out with another cool nexian, can attest to that being a good approximation of the experience
will also be getting a reagent kit soon, i think if part of what they pick up is the methyl group component of molecules (?), then it may make things a lot easier

acacian
#626 Posted : 7/12/2012 7:29:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gowpen
#627 Posted : 7/12/2012 12:27:28 PM

nen888 wrote:
^..Very happy
Growpen wrote [p24#463]:
Quote:
I know of DMT only through Nexus and have no social reference for it. I am ‘drawn’ to making DMT, like the opening guy of ‘Close Encounters of the 3rd kind’ hahah, well not quite but I do feel a similarity.

..so, was it like any of the pictures below..?
(ha, ha..hold your visions within if you like tooSmile, which some tribes recommend)
..very happy for you bro..

Thanks nen. No ! Nothing like them. 1st journey /. Floating red carpet with me just as an observer. Very strange messages comming to my mind saying'. "Look at the detail "!!! As I did so I saw alien markings all over the two tone red carpet, but I couldn't make out any recognisable images. Intertwined with this were flashes of an image still on my mind like a curtain of small silver/ chrome balls. A lady told me I am "a VERY special one".

Now I am in Sydney with work but can't help but think of all this when I am not busy. What does it all mean etc. I'm sure you guys don't want to hear my ramblings. I am intrigued to say the least. Back in WA next week and may try for another journey. Xx

acacian
#628 Posted : 7/13/2012 1:57:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i wanna hear your ramblings.. sooooooooooooooooo ramble away

Gowpen
#629 Posted : 7/13/2012 7:11:39 AM

bricklaya wrote:
i wanna hear your ramblings.. sooooooooooooooooo ramble away

Big grin
Well, I'm just reading "the Cosmic Serpent" and I am really enjoying the DNA connection.

I have always been familiar with the term "Genetic Memory" and on my next journey i will be focusing on this.

I only have my iPhone to type this post so I will wait until I am home to further elaborate on my 2nd journey. But, the clarity of the visions were like HD 3D tv. I am still in a sort of shock at this, for me, new phenomenon.
G

Spice Sailor
#630 Posted : 7/13/2012 9:46:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bricklaya wrote:

what did you find the yield to be like with the floribunda you had success with? did you notice slightly wider phyllodes?

Sorry for the delayed response Bricklaya, I managed to find a small sample of the floribunda (mentioned above) that I kept for a herbarium sheet. Looking at the phyllodes again they are certainly what I would call shorter than most of the pictures I have seen but not really wider. They are on average 7 -8 cm long and 6-7 mm wide.

"Phyllodes linear to narrowly lanceolate, 5–19 cm long, 1.5–12 mm wide, acute and often mucronulate, thin and pliable, with 1–3 primary veins, the secondary veins 6–10, parallel, anastomosing; gland absent; pulvinus present." - http://www.worldwidewatt...esgallery/floribunda.php

The photo below is the sample I kept.

The yield was approx .02 - .03 – plenty of oils – more the merrier! (See photo below)

Gowpen very happy to hear you had a pleasant experience on your first proper launch. Next time your "there" ask the questions you mentioned you had been having. Works for me Big grin

Seldom launching with fellow nexians is most excellent, very nice bricky and Sel.Very happy

Seldom wrote:
also if bitterness is an indicator of the presence of alkaloids acacia implexa is worth checking. it's another one used traditionally on burns which i think is a good sign, and is also used to stun fish.

When you say used in burns what does that entail?

Nen88 since you posted the leaf burn test months ago it’s become a routine habit and I always notice that spicy smell on particular phyllodes. Many of my friends disagree however, maybe only some noses know.

And finally I had to include this image of a baby, high tryptamine, maidenii that I planted the other day.¬¬

So Nexians be well, keep learning and single leaf burning.
Spice Sailor attached the following image(s):
IMG_0328.JPG (134kb) downloaded 329 time(s).
IMG_0260.JPG (249kb) downloaded 326 time(s).
IMG_0322.JPG (301kb) downloaded 325 time(s).

endlessness
#631 Posted : 7/13/2012 11:17:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just made some big moving of posts, all of the ID requests were moved to the acacia ID thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=33648

Please, DO NOT ASK FOR ACACIAS ID HERE, use the the acacia ID thread from now on, lets keep this thread related to improving general acacia information, sharing bioassay /extraction results, etc.

(if I missed any post that should be moved, let me know... It was a bit complicated because some had multiple quotes and information that would fit in both threads but I did the best I could)

Now nen will have to edit the index of the thread, as we agreed on. Everything that has a direct link to the post still works, but the post numbers and pages have changed a bit.

nen888
#632 Posted : 7/13/2012 11:50:02 AM
member for the trees

^..ok, thanks endlessness..the rearrangement of the Index will take a couple of days..

Spice Sailor wrote:
Quote:
Nen88 since you posted the leaf burn test months ago it’s become a routine habit and I always notice that spicy smell on particular phyllodes. Many of my friends disagree however, maybe only some noses know.
..i always smell it too, but perhaps it comes with exposure/practice..generally, though, it's more an 'acridness' than the smell which indicates it in fresh phyllodes to me..

..back after i fix the index..

nen888
#633 Posted : 7/17/2012 12:40:38 AM
member for the trees

^..hi SpiceMind..yes, most 'dmt' in aus is acacia dmt, and it think it's been very disrespectful to trees to not acknowledge them all this time..

re extraction..large amounts are not required for 'clean' results..more patience, care and attention to detail (see Acacia Analysis thread..there was never more than a few hundred grams of material used for all experiments, often less)
..the 'nen-method' as it's been dubbed, is here ..as i say on that page there is no 'correct' or 'best' way..i suggest evaporation..however, i don't use napatha, which is better suited for freeze-precipitation than many other solvents..

..lastly, sorry everyone the Index update is taking a few days longer than announced..been very busy working..the page numbers are all over the place..i'm about a third of the way through..couple more days..

be well all acacia-heads..Smile

SpiceMind
#634 Posted : 7/17/2012 1:34:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks

nen888
#635 Posted : 7/18/2012 9:45:28 PM
member for the trees

..hey all..re-doing the Index is proving a fiddly job..still going (all page numbers after 2-3 have changed, and there are page number references in posts within the thread i have to edit)
..so, remember the yellow links still work (though the actual # is different)
and, for now i guess you'll just have to surf through the epic..never know what you may find..Smile

acacian
#636 Posted : 7/19/2012 1:26:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen, i remember you saying a while ago that there was a finding of tetrahydroharmine in acacia baileyana?
do you know if this was a one off finding or have there been numerous reports.. if the latter do you know of what percentages were found? interested in finding a replacement for caapi vine for my changa blend that is capable of mild maoi inhibition when smoked. wanna keep the blend strictly with the spirit of acacia

tweakmode
#637 Posted : 7/21/2012 1:58:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thats an acacia simplex that im growin. It likes CFLs Very happy
http://wikidfungus.myfastforum.org/index.php
Best OMC on tha net. Come visit, we've done a few nice modifications & got some fresh attendance.

spacechick
#638 Posted : 7/23/2012 12:20:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

so acacia longfolia is the only one I can really get my hands on without worrying if it's the right type and I know that it contains some goodies

my main questions are:
which part of the tree should I use for the extraction?
which extraction should I use? I was thinking of this one http://www.psychonaut.co...-easy-low-cost-way.html because I can get all of the things I need fairly easily and it looks so much easier than all of the other teks but I guess only if it's suitable
how much would I expect to actually get of this I mean would it be worth it?
and sorry to swamp you all with questions but also is naphtha reusable cause it seems like such a waste.

thankyou so much in advance for any help you guys can offer me. I'm just a complete noob when it comes to all of this so I'd truly appreciate it. Its just from what I've heard dmt sounds like such a beautiful experience and I'd really like to try it

nen888
#639 Posted : 7/23/2012 10:37:56 PM
member for the trees

..hey acacia researchers..i really hope this is my last post apologising for the INDEX still not re-worked..been overtime work and lots of things..soon..

first up, bricklaya wrote:
Quote:
nen, i remember you saying a while ago that there was a finding of tetrahydroharmine in acacia baileyana?
do you know if this was a one off finding or have there been numerous reports.. if the latter do you know of what percentages were found? interested in finding a replacement for caapi vine for my changa blend that is capable of mild maoi inhibition when smoked.
..the report of TetrahydroHARMAN in A. baileyana was from one of two experiments done by a friend of A. Shulgin..see TIKHAL..at a second time of year it contained tryptamine..not sure percentages..however, i also have a fairly reliable report of 0.1-0.2% DMT from twigs..also note that while TetrahydroHARMINE (in some Calliadras in B. caapi) has CNS effects when smoked, it is not a strong enough MAOI to orally activate tryptamines..

tweakmode..hi, and thanks for the A. simplex [see here, pacific island acacias] youngling photo..Smile..i think this is a very good species to grow, with high percentages..i always wondered what Formyltryptamine was like (no data on toxicology), which was found in small amounts in A. simplex (with DMT/NMT)..as this obscure tryptamine was present in small amounts in an A.mucronata sample, it has now been safely bio-assayed 3 times (at the several milligram level, at least, with other alkaloids) ..also trace in A. elata..

pirateb0b..thanks for pic..yet another form of A. maidenii..!

and spacechick..welcome..i would suggest using twigs/small branch bark of A. longifolia [see entry here]..avoid flowering..keep the leaves also for use..i only recommend the tek mentioned again in the last couple of pages..other methods do work well, and some not so well (such as the 'DMT Handbook' method)

and above all, be kind to trees (& they'll be kind to you)

acacian
#640 Posted : 7/24/2012 9:12:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks nen, was that finding in the phyllodes or bark do you know? been smoking cones of the phyllodes lately cos they taste really nice... noticed a familiar stoning effect, very mild but definitely there

«PREV3031323334NEXT»