We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
THE Medicine - First Experience Options

PureMan
#1 Posted : 6/27/2011 9:13:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The other day I had my first true experience with The Medicine.

(2:12pm)

Before this experience, I had a lot of fear "taking the plunge", but the anxiety went away soon after finishing the dose (~60g white caapi, ~10g Hawaiian chacruna (30 minutes after caapi)).

When it first came on, it felt as though there was a pleasant electric type feeling coursing through my body, starting from the top of my head moving down to my toes. This stage lasted maybe 20 minutes before moving onto the next, more "difficult" stage.

....Then the nausea set in....

Any movement dramatically increased the nausea.. I was shaking.. It felt like I was afflicted with a divine sickness. I was prepared. I knew it would pass.. looking back, it's hard to remember most of what happened during this period of time.. it was an emotional roller coaster. I was processing and analyzing difficult memories and aspects of my personality, and it felt like these thoughts were increasing the nausea. For a while it felt like I disconnected from my sense of self and merged with outside perspectives. It felt as though dream and reality had merged. The tracers were ridiculous.. The visuals and feeling felt more acid-like than mushroom-like.

Eventually it got to the point where I just couldn't hold it anymore, so I got up, got my pail ready, and purged. This was by far the most vile tasting purge I have ever experienced. I was throwing up for a good 10 - 15 minutes before I reached the point where I felt like I had nothing left to purge.. I will never forget that taste.. Blech!!

I went back to lying down in my bed, and the nausea subsided dramatically after 5 - 10 minutes. I was in a state of pure peace. I decided to turn the music off and enjoy the silence.

My body was very weak.. but I felt refreshed. I was slipping in and out of daydreams.. most of which I don't remember. The next few hours were spent in silence while enjoying the peaceful state of mind. There were moments where I was getting many inspirational thoughts.. looking back, I should have kept a pad and paper next to me, as most of these insights/inspirations have been forgotten since then.

Eventually I decided to turn the music back on and smoke some spice.. so I packed my bowl with an unmeasured amount of spice on top of blue lotus flowers. It was a very gentle, peaceful experience. I don't think I will ever use DMT again without harmalas in my system. It seemed much more forgiving.. more right.

I basked in the glow for the remainder of the trip and things eventually subsided by the 6 - 7 hour mark.

I didn't get much sleep the next couple of nights, and was relatively weak the following day.

I am VERY thankful for this experience and am looking forward to working with The Medicine again later this week. Even though there were some challenging moments, it was a lot easier than I had originally anticipated.. very well worth it!

This IS truly THE Medicine!

I feel like I have finally begun my healing journey.

I <3 Ayahuasca!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Xt
#2 Posted : 6/27/2011 9:19:22 PM

Im glad you wrote this up Cloud. When did you first use vaped DMT?
Personally i've been having difficulty finding the time and space to have a journey.

The dose sounds low at first but your experience didn't reflect that!

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

PureMan
#3 Posted : 6/27/2011 10:26:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xt wrote:
Im glad you wrote this up Cloud. When did you first use vaped DMT?
Personally i've been having difficulty finding the time and space to have a journey.

The dose sounds low at first but your experience didn't reflect that!

If you are asking when SWIM first started vaping DMT, He started about a year or so ago.. Generally, he doesn't like vaping it very often.. He has had a few experiences that scared him off a bit.

The dose of caapi seemed just right for me.. I was VERY incapacitated. I could have added a bit more chacruna, but I was still getting mild DMT-esque visuals. From what I have heard from other people, the Hawaiian chacruna is more potent than the other varieties. Next time I'll try 15g.

Agave
#4 Posted : 6/28/2011 12:08:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Cloud, sounds like you had a very successful first journey. Too bad you can't remember more of it, but you may recollect more as time goes by. I wrote down everything I could on the following day of my first journey and there was a lot there, but at least two weeks went by before I remembered the most crucial and amazing part of my dream. I just couldn't believe how it didn't surface right away. Or maybe it took awhile for my mind to give it some logical coherence. Regardless, it's pretty strange how the experience keeps working on you for weeks afterword. Thanks for the report.
As Within, So Without.