We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : abortion should be
Choice Votes Statistics
legal 33 97 %
illegal 1 2 %

123NEXT»
thoughts on abortion Options

RayOfLight
#1 Posted : 6/26/2011 6:24:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to be pro choice before I developed a deeper appreciation for life. Now I'm somewhat undecided .

I wonder why its legal to kill unborn babies.... when does a baby become a baby?

the second a sperm meets an egg ? the moment it leaves the womb?
what do you guys think ?
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

a1pha
#2 Posted : 6/26/2011 6:31:46 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Let's just create moar tension and disharmony at the Nexus.

Thanks, Ray.

Abortion Debate Forum
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

bassmethod
#3 Posted : 6/26/2011 6:36:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I bring it all down to choice. If the couple who created the child wish to delete it, then
fine. If they choose to keep it, fine. Choice is everything.

jamie
#4 Posted : 6/26/2011 6:38:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

a1pha wrote:

Thanks, Ray.

Calm down. You just did your part in creating more of what you seem to not want. Think about how the way you just responded comes off sounding to others.
Long live the unwoke.

a1pha
#5 Posted : 6/26/2011 6:43:11 AM

fractal enchantment wrote:
a1pha wrote:

Thanks, Ray.

Calm down. You just did your part in creating more of what you seem to not want. Think about how the way you just responded comes off sounding to others.

By pointing out that Ray yet again brings divisive topics to these parts? You as a mod are OK with this?

I guess I'll just stand back and let the mud fly.

RayOfLight
#6 Posted : 6/26/2011 6:56:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Back on topic, I believe Buddhists believe the soul enters the body at 40 days, I remember hearing something about a rush of dmt happening at some point in human gestation, maybe someone that knows more about that could fill me in
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

a1pha
#7 Posted : 6/26/2011 6:59:00 AM

RayOfLight wrote:
If you look at every thread you think I caused polarity on you'll notice that you were the one that attacked me in every single one, no one else, just you.
your the one with the problem here man , not me.

I have a problem with people who start fights. And wish to break apart the fabric of a community I love. Splitting people on issues like abortion (and wording the question so that your own views are apparent) does just this.

Your choices are:

(1) I used to be pro choice before I developed a deeper appreciation for life. Now I'm somewhat undecided .

(2) I wonder why its legal to kill unborn babies....

Both cast negative judgement on the female making the choice. Either (a) I don't have a deep appreciation for life or (b) I'm killing a baby. This is a false dichotomy. How about:

(a) It is a woman's right; OR,

(b) There is a certain point after conception where abortion is no longer an option.

This words the answers such that my own personal views on the matter are not reflected in the question.

bassmethod
#8 Posted : 6/26/2011 7:02:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RayOfLight wrote:
Back on topic, I believe Buddhists believe the soul enters the body at 40 days, I remember hearing something about a rush of dmt happening at some point in human gestation, maybe someone that knows more about that could fill me in

Tibetan Buddhists believe the soul reincarnates, or chooses a body, at the seven week mark. The human embryo always gives
away it's gender at this particular time. Rick Strassman is the one that put this coincidence together in his book.
He also proposed that the gateway of a soul entering a body is through the pineal gland.

Mydriasis
#9 Posted : 6/26/2011 7:03:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Kill them all and sell the meat to fast-food restaurants and the stem cells to scientists.
It's been fun. Thanks for all the wisdom.

a1pha
#10 Posted : 6/26/2011 7:04:59 AM

Mydriasis wrote:
Kill them all and sell the meat to fast-food restaurants and the stem cells to scientists.

I've got a modest proposal for you... Wink

RayOfLight
#11 Posted : 6/26/2011 7:05:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you for that, I think maybe it should be made illegal from that point on, I'll go with that for now

RayOfLight
#12 Posted : 6/26/2011 7:08:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
RayOfLight wrote:
If you look at every thread you think I caused polarity on you'll notice that you were the one that attacked me in every single one, no one else, just you.

I have a problem with people who start fights. And wish to break apart the fabric of a community I love. Splitting people on issues like abortion (and wording the question so that your own views are apparent) does just this.

Your choices are:

(1) I used to be pro choice before I developed a deeper appreciation for life. Now I'm somewhat undecided .

Both cast negative judgement on the female making the choice. Either (a) I don't have a deep appreciation for life or (b) I'm killing a baby. This is a false dichotomy. How about:

(b) There is a certain point after conception where abortion is no longer an option.

This words the answers such that my own personal views on the matter are not reflected in the question.

or you could realize the poll question is the poll question should it be legal or illegal and the first post was my thoughts at the moment I typed them

Mydriasis
#13 Posted : 6/26/2011 7:24:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Exactly alpha!!!! Exactly!

I was worried that post was in bad taste(no pun intended) and no one would see the message in it.
It's been fun. Thanks for all the wisdom.

a1pha
#14 Posted : 6/26/2011 7:43:54 AM

RayOfLight wrote:
a1pha wrote:
RayOfLight wrote:

Your choices are:

or you could realize the poll question is the poll question should it be legal or illegal and the first post was my thoughts at the moment I typed them

Re-reading your post, I retract my statement. I read the first two lines of your post as explaining the options, when in fact they were not. My apologies.

As to abortion, I'm just a dude. Who am I to tell some woman what she can or cannot do to herself.

RayOfLight
#15 Posted : 6/26/2011 7:54:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can see why some might see this topic as distasteful, however I did genuinely just want to know what others here thought about when a human being becomes a human being... I'll never judge anyone for having an opinion on something like this, I even feel bad for calling a1pha a troll for voicing his opinion about me starting the thread, for the record I voted it should be legal but I do think it should become illegal after a certain point, right now I'm going with the 40 day point.

I don't think anything should be off the table for discussion. without dialogue and sharing ideas about things I cant grow as a person.

A lot of topics here cause polarity and thats fine with me, I actually enjoy reading threads with a lot of controversy. I find it boring when everyone agrees on something.

lets just keep it civil, learn and grow

RayOfLight
#16 Posted : 6/26/2011 8:01:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I accept the apology a1pha and I apologize for not making more of an attempt at making this thread in a more tasteful way, I can't blame you at all for seeing it the way you did but it really wasn't my intent to start a big fight about the issue.

I put this question to the community after reading about Ron Paul being anti abortion and that being the reason some people here didn't like him.

Then naturally I wanted to dig into that issue on its own. I'm glad to get some feedback.

BananaForeskin
#17 Posted : 6/26/2011 8:05:36 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Alright... let's take a second... and CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

easyrider
#18 Posted : 6/26/2011 8:29:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally, abortion is acceptable in cases of rape, direct threat to the life of the mother, fetal abnormality, young age (permissible only 1 time), or incest. So, I guess I'd rather see abortion legal with stipulations.
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

Apoc
#19 Posted : 6/26/2011 8:33:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
fractal enchantment wrote:
a1pha wrote:

Thanks, Ray.

By pointing out that Ray yet again brings divisive topics to these parts? You as a mod are OK with this?

I guess I'll just stand back and let the mud fly.

RayOfLight wrote:

OMG!!!! There's so much negativity on the Nexus these days. I can't stand it. Thanks to all these negative and egoic people, I have decided I am leaving the dmt nexus forever. All the mud slinging and people accusing the other side of being the bad guy. I am done with this childish behavior.

nah, I'm just kidding, I don't give a care. I did however, find it interesting that first someone took an attitude like, "oh no, more disharmony", and then someone came back and said, "don't worry, you just created more disharmony by pointing out the disharmony", and then someone came back and said, "but you just created more disharmony by pointing out someone pointing out disharmony". lol.

Anyway, the real issue with abortion is whether the person believes a fetus is a person or not. I don't think anyone believes, or makes the argument that it's ok to kill babies. Anyone who is ok with abortion is only ok with it because they don't believe an embryo counts as anything but a collection of cells, not a person. But to me it seems, often times, that neither side seems to understand the other. Pro choice people don't realize that pro lifers reject idea of women's right to their body because pro lifers don't believe abortion is a women's rights issue, it's a child's rights issue. Pro lifers believe that that when a sperm hits an egg, that counts as a human, and that human has the right to live. But pro choice will just yell back, "it's my body", and pro lifers will yell back, "no it isn't". I don't really see the pro choice side arguing why they don't believe an inseminated egg counts as a human. The only argument I've heard from the pro life side is a quote from the bible. If you don't follow the bible, then the pro life argument will probably fall on deaf ears. If you only follow the bible, then any other argument will fall on deaf ears.

RayOfLight
#20 Posted : 6/26/2011 8:42:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks like there is a consensus that it should be legal , question is at what point should it become illegal , Buddhists say 40 days is when the soul enters the body strassman says its day 49 when there is a surge of dmt. maybe we should say.....day 60 just to be safe ? I dunno...

123NEXT»