We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nelumbo Nucifera ? Options

Turk22
#1 Posted : 6/25/2011 10:15:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently I have discontinued my use of marijuana and since have become interested in finding an alternative herb to smoke for recreation/relaxation purposes rather than to have true psychedelic/entheogenic experiences. I've been doing a lot of online research into various lotus varieties and have found a few reports that suggest Nelumbo Nucifera to be the most potent/enjoyable lotus for smoking purposes. Can anyone on here give me advice as to the validity of this claim? Anyone with experience with lotus varieties? I'm attracted to it because of it's legality in my local area. Any other legal herbs that you would recommend over lotus?
You cannot kill time without injuring eternity.

Find loopholes and stay safe.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Entheojen
#2 Posted : 6/26/2011 3:18:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Turk,

I've tried both with various forms of ingestion and have had no luck so far. Some people swear by it in a changa mix but perhaps they are using a concentrated extract. Here are my reports below:

First experience: Blue Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera)
First Experience: Blue Lilly (Nymphaea Caerulea)
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

Seraph
#3 Posted : 6/26/2011 9:00:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Get Nelumbo nucifera and do an extraction on it. The active chemicals are soluble in alcohol. I assume if they are soluble in alcohol then they are also soluble in IPA. If anyone wants to try this out this is a tek for blue lotus that I have invented.

1. Grind blue lotus into a powder.
2. Boil for half an hour in a solution of acetic acid and water of pH 4.
3. Pour the liquid into a container and keep the solids.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 2 more times.
5. Discard the solids.
6. Combine all the liquids and add sodium hydroxide to the combined liquids until the pH is 12.
7. Evaporate the solution and some kind of substance will be left behind.
8. Do IPA pulls on this substance.
9. Combine all of the IPA pulls and evaporate them.

Once you have your powder get Coca Cola or orange juice and put the powder in the drink, this will convert whatever the substance is into its salt form.

Take harmalas extract half an hour before you drink the drink with the blue lotus extract in it.

You should be familiar with the effects of harmalas so you don't assume the effects of the harmalas are the effects of the blue lotus, see if you notice any effects from the blue lotus extract.

rOm
#4 Posted : 6/26/2011 11:46:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seraph you've just made this tek up ? Not tested anytime yet ?
Just as a side-note, the OP was asking for SMOKABLE product.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 6/27/2011 12:06:33 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Seraph wrote:
Get Nelumbo nucifera and do an extraction on it. The active chemicals are soluble in alcohol. I assume if they are soluble in alcohol then they are also soluble in IPA. If anyone wants to try this out this is a tek for blue lotus that I have invented.

1. Grind blue lotus into a powder.
2. Boil for half an hour in a solution of acetic acid and water of pH 4.
3. Pour the liquid into a container and keep the solids.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 2 more times.
5. Discard the solids.
6. Combine all the liquids and add sodium hydroxide to the combined liquids until the pH is 12.
7. Evaporate the solution and some kind of substance will be left behind.
8. Do IPA pulls on this substance.
9. Combine all of the IPA pulls and evaporate them.

Once you have your powder get Coca Cola or orange juice and put the powder in the drink, this will convert whatever the substance is into its salt form.

Take harmalas extract half an hour before you drink the drink with the blue lotus extract in it.

You should be familiar with the effects of harmalas so you don't assume the effects of the harmalas are the effects of the blue lotus, see if you notice any effects from the blue lotus extract.

Nelumbo nucifera has harmalas? I'd be interested ti see any reference!

Plus, I think you haven't tried this tek you posted? why do you suggest it to the OP then?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!