We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cold water extraction of M. Hostilis Options

PureMan
#1 Posted : 6/24/2011 6:47:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with doing a cold water extraction of mimosa. I've been looking around the internet and haven't found much information on it.. Hopefully someone around here has some experience.

Q -

1) How do I make it properly?

2) What is the typical minimum dose for felt effect?

3) Do I have to worry as much about an overdose as I would with an added MAOI?

4) Is it as nauseating as ayahuasca?

5) How do the effects differ from ayahuasca? Does it relate to anything else?

6) How long does it last?.. (I read somewhere that it lasts 24 hours)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SKA
#2 Posted : 9/6/2011 11:15:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've read alot of rumours about cold water extractions of Mimosa Hostilis.
I guess the only way to really know is to just get some MHRB and try it.
Try splitting your batch of MHRB up in 2 equal portions. Try one extraction
with cold water and one extraction with warm water, that is kept warm throughout
the extraction. Nice way to find out if heat improves the solubility of DMT or not.

You could then try to evaporate the water and smoke the residue to determine how potent it is.
Appearantly some brazilian Yagé-cults drink cold water Mimosa Hostilis teas in entheogenic rituals,
so just drinking the cold water infusion should produce active effects. Go ahead and try it. It's the
only way you're ever going to really know.

Apoc
#3 Posted : 9/7/2011 6:13:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cloud wrote:
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with doing a cold water extraction of mimosa. I've been looking around the internet and haven't found much information on it.. Hopefully someone around here has some experience.

Q -

1) How do I make it properly?

2) What is the typical minimum dose for felt effect?

3) Do I have to worry as much about an overdose as I would with an added MAOI?

4) Is it as nauseating as ayahuasca?

5) How do the effects differ from ayahuasca? Does it relate to anything else?

6) How long does it last?.. (I read somewhere that it lasts 24 hours)

Sure it works. It is only recently that I have finally been able to drink mimosa without throwing up, but from now on, CWE is how I will be doing all my first pulls. The theory is that there are some alkaloids in mimosa that will be destroyed by heat, or acids. The solution to getting those alks is cwe.

1) Put some miomsa in a small jar.
- Poor some cold water in it.
- Shake it up a few times throughout the day.
- Let it sit for a few days.
- 3-5 days seems enough for most of the mimosa to stick to the bottom of the jar, so it will be easy to filter. Poor out
- you can repeat another cwe pull, or boil it from there

2) same as any mimosa. 1g maybe for significant mimosa effects. 5g will be strong

3) what? why wouldn't you? The theory is that mimosa contains its own b. carbolines, so you'll probably be intaking more rima's by drinking a cwe

4) maybe a little less

5) it's more sedating. The extra alkaloids seem to have a pain killing and sedating effect.

6) maybe a bit longer than regular boiled aya due to the extra alkaloids in cwe mimosa. But no, it doesn't last 24 hours. 4-8 hours.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 9/8/2011 4:10:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I prefer cold water extractions of mimosa over boiled mimosa tea because it has a less disgusting taste and doesn't upset my stomach as much as boiled mimosa does. But you'll need more of it to feel ayahuasca-like effects: at least 10 grams. I've never had spectacular effects with a mimosa CWE on itself: only if it's taken with rue or caapi it can take you as deep as a 'normal' ayahuasca brew.

BecometheOther
#5 Posted : 9/8/2011 11:03:49 PM

metamorhpasizer

I heard mimosa was active alone and i drank 30 grams. It was definetly psychoactive, but it aslo definetly wasnt dmt effects. It was like any other ceremony the plant was there, i could feel it, just minus the trippines if that makes sense.

However this brew was boiled not CWE. Even still, i doubt you would feel any effects under 10 grams even with CWE, and my guess, is its just other alkaloids, and no ayahuasca/dmt effect. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Im more curious about CWE combined with MAOI than without. Has anyone combined a CWE product with rue or ayahuasca? Is it similar in dosage and effects to a boiled brew, or not?

I would like to CWE extract my next mimosa brew using a THP.
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

AluminumFoilRobots
#6 Posted : 9/8/2011 11:57:20 PM

gufyg

I find the CWE to be the best way to do jurema. I have had it around 15+ times by now and can say that jurema's uniqueness really comes out when you do it the traditional way.

Cooking it seems to diminish it's particular magic and make it more of an admixture, bringing color to the vine, but when cold water soaked it stands as an equal to ayahuasca.

I find mimosa, cooked or cwe'd to be more difficult to ingest.

Jurema,
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

BecometheOther
#7 Posted : 9/9/2011 12:17:29 AM

metamorhpasizer

Hello good sir

You said youve had it 15 times, but didnt specify wheather or not you were using the CWE in combo with MAOI or not.

More difficult to ingest then what? or do you mean cwe is easier to ingest or the boiled brew.

and when you say equal to ayahuasca, do you mean mimosa CWE alone, or with MAOI.

Thanks brother
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Apoc
#8 Posted : 9/9/2011 4:21:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalosa wrote:
I heard mimosa was active alone and i drank 30 grams. It was definetly psychoactive, but it aslo definetly wasnt dmt effects. It was like any other ceremony the plant was there, i could feel it, just minus the trippines if that makes sense.

As for me, I do not bother with mimosa unless it's taken with harmalas, so to answer the person who was asking if cwe was taken with harmalas, yes it was for me. It took one simple experiment to conclude that it is necessary to take mimosa with harmalas. I took a gram of mimosa raw with harmalas and it was awesome. Then I took a gram of mimosa without harmalas and effects were almost non existent. You need harmalas to fully activate your mimosa.

It is theorized that the extra non dmt alkaloids in mimosa are either a substance with maoi properties, or substances that potentiate dmt. However, if cwe mimosa does have maoi properties, it isn't enough to keep the dmt active like good doses of harmine and harmaline. If you try purely cwe mimosa without harmalas, you're likely to have an experience like Harmalosa: Massive amounts of mimosa with minimal effects. However, if you take cwe mimosa with harmalas, I think it is the best dmt you can have. But don't take 30g of mimosa on top of harmala dosage because I can't even imagine how powerful that would be, though I imagine it would be a horrific nightmare.

It took me a year and half, and over a thousand posts at the nexus to realize that properly decanted mimosa tea without any insoluble material is the absolute best way to take the sacrament. If properly decanted, then mimosa tea is surprisingly not much worse, or possibly even better tasting than the extract itself, whether freebased, or fumarate. So I'm better off just getting used to the taste of mimosa. Also, if properly decanted, mimosa isn't much more nauseating than pharmahuasca either. The effects also feel the most clean. I really get the sense that I have taken in pure clean spice with mimosa tea.

AluminumFoilRobots
#9 Posted : 9/9/2011 5:07:22 AM

gufyg

sorry for not being more clear, my phone is my only Internet access...

I've never taken jurema without vine or rue. It just seems more economical. However, when I cook the mimosa it seems more like a normal DMT admixture, more like chaliponga (ive never used chacruna), though with clear differences. When I cold soak the mimosa it has a very clear uniqueness. There are qualitative differences in the overall nature of the experience. It's more expansive, and for me more visionary than visual... I have very clear sequences running in my mind, scenarios of fantastic things, traveling to places and times. I saw what it would be like to develop lung cancer, travel to the time of the dinosaurs (feathery brightly colored dinosaurs), and the universe of Islam complete with Arabic singing, all in a single night.

I find mimosa to be more compatable with rue. They are both dry, oneirophoric, and (in my impression) singular spirits. Ayahuasca and chaliponga are wet, crawling vines, relatives. Ayahuasca is animistic, tightly woven. It gets all over you. It swallows you. Traditionally prepared jurema with harmala seems... monotheistic. It's more like a vaulted temple, all the action is distant but fills the vision. I get reds, deep colors with mimosa; with ayahuasca I get bright colors, greens and electric blues.

About the ingestion, I find mimosa, whether cooked or cold soaked to be more difficult to drink and keep down than ayahuasca. But cooked mimosa fights the digestive system quite a bit more than CWE

I usually dose in the 8-12 gram range with CWE mimosa and an MAOI.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

BecometheOther
#10 Posted : 9/10/2011 12:15:19 AM

metamorhpasizer

Thank you both for your perspectives! and thank you for clearing that up, AFR.

I have used rue and mimosa together a countless number of times, and had many fantastic experiences. it is my favorite psychoactive. I totally agree that mimosa is more compatable with rue, and i also get very red and purple colored visions with mimosa, and totally relate to it being more, dry and airy.

I actually find mimosa the most palatable of all the plants including b.cappi, chaliponga, charcuna, or syrian rue.
But i have not tried a cold water brew, and my curiousity is peaked in doing so...

So how does one go about making a CWE brew anyway? just run some really cold water through some mimosa in an herbal percolater? or just throw some mimosa in some water and let it sit for awhile?

Thanks this is very interesting

Apoc
#11 Posted : 9/10/2011 6:00:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalosa wrote:
I actually find mimosa the most palatable of all the plants including b.cappi, chaliponga, charcuna, or syrian rue.
But i have not tried a cold water brew, and my curiousity is peaked in doing so...

So how does one go about making a CWE brew anyway? just run some really cold water through some mimosa in an herbal percolater? or just throw some mimosa in some water and let it sit for awhile?

Duuuuude!!!! I outlined a method in post 3. Mimosa in a jar. Shake the jar however much you want. Let it sit for a few days. Then either siphon the water or filter the brew. Or, yes you could use a percolator if you want.

I am also starting to agree that mimosa may be the least offensive tasting, but only if it is free of insoluble material.

BecometheOther
#12 Posted : 9/12/2011 11:48:49 PM

metamorhpasizer

So you did, my bad. Ill give it a shot, i bet there are many many ways to accomplish it, it is mainly just letting mimosa sit in water for a few days. Simple enough.

Yeah its only not offensive if you have cleared the tannins, and you have a clear tea. Then it tastes like water, and literally has almost no taste and is super easy to drink and deceptively potent.

AluminumFoilRobots
#13 Posted : 10/22/2011 10:38:19 PM

gufyg

The only times I have been able to get the tea clearish and not wretched was with gelatin, which I won't be repeating due to a subsequent failure and a perceived reduction in potency. What is your filtration method to arrive at a palatable jurema tea?

The last batch of mimosa I made was soaked for a month with no acids and no matter how many times I filtered and let sediment settle out, the brew was still almost black and tasted no different than a cooked brew with purging at leastonce every time I drank it. It was however extremely powerful: I calculated a 10 gram dose to be 121 ml, but it seemed double that potency. Ill actually be posting some of my experiences with this brew when I have access to a computer...
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 10/23/2011 12:35:38 PM

gufyg

I once tried just toss n' washing around 8 grams of mimosa powder. Held it for 5 minutes before one of the most violent purges I have ever gone through.
I thought the plant material was insoluble and inedible? I've thought about using milk to wash down jurema, using coffee as an analogy (the milk helps the tannin-yness of coffee).

And to your hot prep method, is all of that really long enough to pull the majority of the actives? If that's all it takes, why do people use and advise on using multiple long cooks for hot mimosa? I prefer traditionally prepared jurema effects-wise as it is, but just for curiosities sake?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

AluminumFoilRobots
#15 Posted : 10/23/2011 2:25:10 PM

gufyg

Can you repeat the method again on the material and get effects? As in, would it be advisable to use multiple pulls via this method or would that just be pulling more tannins?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم