We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
pure crystal salvinorin extract Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 10/13/2008 2:37:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all, peace&love etc

SWIM Recently extracted the hoard of a buildup of salvia leaves, which have been collecting on his windowsill in several jars and other containers; and used naptha to extract them all into the bottom of a glass tumbler.

Having made 15x extract before, it was fairly easy tho he hadn't tried naptha before - always acetone. Naptha took a hell of a lot longer to evap, but eventually it was ready.

now he has atleast 3 - 4 hits of yellow-green crystals, which he is far to scared to try.

Pure salvinorin anyone?

also, can somone reccomend somekind of saftey limit, i.e an amount to smoke? :S
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 10/13/2008 3:59:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM found a site online once that sold salvinorin...pure...it was in alcohol...you could just drop a few drops of it on some smoking medium...and whoa...i dont blame you for being scared...

there is no safety limit...but have a sitter...its really helpful for when you are freaking out to have somebody grab a hold of your body and try to show your soul where to come back to
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 10/13/2008 4:37:56 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM has tried it, he says 2mg vaporised is already a lot but that what he likes to smoke. Pretty scary though for most people.

The acetone method is pretty good for safely measuring doses;

1) Dissolve 10mg salvinorin per 1 ml acetone and store in the freezer.

2) Whenever in mood get 200 microliters of the stock, evap it to get 2mg of salvinorin

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

WSaged
#4 Posted : 10/13/2008 10:48:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
SWIM Recently extracted the hoard of a buildup of salvia leaves, which have been collecting on his windowsill in several jars and other containers; and used naptha to extract them all into the bottom of a glass tumbler.

Having made 15x extract before, it was fairly easy tho he hadn't tried naptha before - always acetone. Naptha took a hell of a lot longer to evap, but eventually it was ready.

now he has atleast 3 - 4 hits of yellow-green crystals, which he is far to scared to try.

Whoa there pal!!!

A way too powerful dose of pure Salvinorin A is about the size of a single grain of salt, or smaller!!! You will need an extremely accurate scale to weigh it out correctly!!!
This is not something you want to try to eyeball a dose of!!!!

You should check out sagewisdom.org!!
I think there is a dose amount there for pure Salvinorin.
It is Daniel Sieberts site, he is kind of the "authority" on Salvia. There is a page there somewhere that he talks about the time he tried what he thought was going to be a totaly inactive amount of pure Salvinorin. It was left over from when he was trying to isolate the active chem in the Salvia leaf, if I remember correctly. He was violently thrown out of this conscious reality.
It was so far more, than way too much for him and he is one of the people responsible for bringing Saliva into modern attention, so its not that he was inexperienced at all.
This, from an amount too small to handle with bare fingers!!!

Be Careful!!!
and please, check out his site before trying this!!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

benzyme
#5 Posted : 10/13/2008 11:09:07 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yeah

no point in dosing pure salvinorin, you'll almost always overdose and not remember a thing, unless you have a $700+ (and that's used) scale, with res of 0.00001g
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 10/14/2008 1:05:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

he could try just putting some in his mouth...the dose is larger....another thing he could do is weigh how much he has total..and then put it in some acetone and drop some drops on a piece of glass or something and let it evap..only using a few drops once he figured out how much each drop should contain..and dose that way
it's a sound

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 10/14/2008 1:26:24 AM

John Murdoch IV

From wikipedia.org

Quote:
Salvinorin A has been reported to be the most potent naturally occurring psychoactive drug known to date, with an effective dose in humans in the 200- to 1,000-µg range when smoked

Smoking 2mg of this shit is a BAD BAD idea!
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

WSaged
#8 Posted : 10/14/2008 1:28:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
he could try just putting some in his mouth...the dose is larger

It will have to be dissolved in alcohol or DCM (yuck, strong garlic smell!!) or something else to allow enough of the Salvinorin to cross through the skin and into the blood fast enough for it to be effective at all. Just putting crystals in your mouth does not do the trick. Remember an effective Quid is 20 to 30 large leaves at least, chewed & mushed around in the mouth for like 30 to 60 minutes, and that is if your using fresh leaf!! That means a whole lot of pure Salvinorin crystals to do anything at all by them self.
hint: the oils in the leaf, help aid in absorption though the mucus membrane of the mouth.

Quote:
....another thing he could do is weigh how much he has total..and then put it in some acetone and drop some drops on a piece of glass or something and let it evap..only using a few drops once he figured out how much each drop should contain..and dose that way

Once again, a dose of pure Salvinorin is smaller than a single grain of salt. A drop of acetone would more than likely hold a whole lot more than would be necessary for 15 people!!!

Best to make yourself a tincture, or even better, (also easier) dissolve it in acetone and soak some plain leaf in it & let it dry completely, to "enhance" the leaf. Kind of like making your own extract

Seriously, there have been nothing but horribly terrifying reports concerning pure Salvinorin crystals!!! like benzyme said, unless you have access to a scale that can accurately weight down to 0.00001g, you really shouldn't even consider it!!!
When I say a dose is smaller than a single grain of salt, that is not an exaggeration, that is for real!!

Here is a quote from Sieberts site, sagewisdom.org:
Quote:
Vaporization of pure Salvinorin A is also possible, but it is not recommended! Unless the dose has been measured very precisely, this is extremely dangerous, as it's very easy to vaporize too large a dose. To be done safely, vaporization of salvinorin A requires weighing the dose on a very precise chemical balance capable of weighing in micrograms (millionths of a gram). These analytical balances cost well over $1000. There are now available standardized doses of Salvinorin A on leaves, using such preparations enables one to inhale a known precisely-measured dose of salvinorin A. This makes it possible to experiment with salvinorin A without having to buy an analytical balance, and it greatly reduces the risk of overdose.

and here is a link to his report of accidentally ODing on pure Salvinorin:
Daniel Seberts report
Daniel is (or at least used to be) the guru of Salvia Divinorum!! His research is why most of us have even heard of Salvia. I'd take his word on it!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 10/14/2008 1:59:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well dude...you wouldnt just use one drop of acetone...you would mix a certain amount into it..so you knew how much salvinorin was in there per milliliter...there are about 15 drops per milliliter...so if there is 5 mg of salvinorin per milliliter you would then have around 300 micrograms per drop...you could change the ratio any way you want...and in that way you could easily figure out a dose...its not that hard to figure out
it's a sound

benzyme
#10 Posted : 10/14/2008 2:08:26 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

could also do serial dilutions
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 10/14/2008 9:46:51 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Well actually a dose of salvinorin is NOT smaller than a grain of salt (I love this rumor whenever I meet it around the internet!), as a matter of fact 1mg looks like a tiny pinch of salt. It is perfectly fine to smoke it like that simply because one can inhale it in one go and keep it until reality melts.

As for 2mg, yep, this may be intense but that's how SWIM likes it. 1 to 1.5mg we re not that impressive to him.

I would stick to my suggestion using acetone to dissolve a given amount of salvinorin, it is really really easy and safe if done correctly.

SWIM has also found tinctures to be totally ineffective for him, especially after holding up to 10mg salvinorin dissolved in alcohol in his mouth. Waste of time

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

lorax
#12 Posted : 10/14/2008 10:37:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

only the crude extract containing all the tannins and stuff works orally. alcohol tincture is the way to go. but not very pleasant.

SWIM had the idea of having these small perfume test tubes and making a salvinorin solution which would contain 1 nice breakthrough dose per drop. then drop 1 drop of the solution into every one perfume test bottle and let it evap. cap it.

whenever you feel the need to break through just open a bottle, heat it from below and inhale over it.

it would be pretty neat.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

shoe
#13 Posted : 10/14/2008 2:48:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess I was kinda interested in ODing on salvia...

I haven't had a strong experience for a long time
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 10/14/2008 3:05:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha then you wont be OVER dosing...you will just be dosing heavySmile
it's a sound