We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Synthetic nn-dmt Options

caliwa
#21 Posted : 8/2/2011 6:32:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so people that got the synthetic DMT, did you buy it on the streets?
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#22 Posted : 8/2/2011 6:35:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

caliwa wrote:
so people that got the synthetic DMT, did you buy it on the streets?

Attitude page wrote:
No discussion is allowed about selling drugs, buying drugs, procuring drugs, prices of drugs, trading drugs and trafficking of drugs. This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not.

caliwa
#23 Posted : 8/2/2011 6:49:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well, this is exactly why I asked. Talking about synthetic DMT is prety much talking about buying it, which is against the forum posture on dmt..
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

obliguhl
#24 Posted : 8/2/2011 7:08:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Talking about synthetic DMT is prety much talking about buying it

Why would you think that ?

The Traveler
#25 Posted : 8/2/2011 7:09:15 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

caliwa wrote:
well, this is exactly why I asked. Talking about synthetic DMT is prety much talking about buying it, which is against the forum posture on dmt..

Why do you think that talking about synthetic DMT is pretty much the same as talking about buying it?

We don't allow talk about synthesis of DMT since it involves highly dangerous and watched chemicals. Talking about synthetic DMT like it is done in this thread is not a problem. If we start to talk about buying/selling DMT then we enter the trading of illegal goods area and that is a big no, we like to keep this forum a little longer as today.

And if you think it is the same then still, you can then better ask why we allow talk about it here instead of asking where to get it. We have to be careful on this forum.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Citta
#26 Posted : 8/2/2011 7:36:05 PM

Skepdick

I have smoked synthetic, pure DMT many times. It's no difference. Someone may insist that it is, having some personal conviction that a plant spirit or something makes extracted different from synthetic, but that is really nonsense. DMT is a molecule with a definite structure and definite properties that are independent of where it comes from.

caliwa
#27 Posted : 8/2/2011 7:39:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i didnt asked where to get it (which would be very incoherent since i dont have a minimal hint of where all of you guys live and such), but yes, mi question was badly formuled. i was confused by thinking that synthethic dmt is imposible to make by normal means, hence, being somewhat bought.

my apologize.

Heretic
#28 Posted : 8/3/2011 5:23:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Subjectively, to this soul, there would be a large difference. But this soul also has seen a demonic face form, quite like a hyperspace vision in it's nature, out of a precipitate crashing from the pyrex. This soul believes that there is a whole world we cannot see with our daily eyes, a world of spirits that attach themselves to objects and hosts, created or changed by the intentions of those it is around. An example would be that for instance synthetic spice created by a negative being as opposed to natural spice created by a plant. Each would have their own information encoded into the crystal matrix. Even if you do not believe in spirits, it is foolish to think that the molecular structure is as precise as it gets. I would be willing to wager that in the coming years we discover a variable code inside molecules that could be the difference between night and day. For now, we can only see so far. It is a mistake to think that is as far as it goes.
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

Citta
#29 Posted : 8/3/2011 10:27:21 AM

Skepdick

Heretic wrote:
An example would be that for instance synthetic spice created by a negative being as opposed to natural spice created by a plant. Each would have their own information encoded into the crystal matrix. Even if you do not believe in spirits, it is foolish to think that the molecular structure is as precise as it gets. I would be willing to wager that in the coming years we discover a variable code inside molecules that could be the difference between night and day. For now, we can only see so far. It is a mistake to think that is as far as it goes.

No, most likely this is not gonna happen. This is all chemistry, and we know chemistry (at this level) very well. It's all just a bunch of coordinated reactions that yields an end product in our lab, which is DMT, a molecule with a spesific structure and spesific properties that we know. On the other side many reactions goes on inside a plant, and wops, DMT comes out of it. When the synthetic molecule is identical to the form derived from "natural sources", both forms will be indistinguishable from each other in all aspects - including their function and effects in the human body (inpurities put aside).

There is no reason to believe that there is encoded some different information into these two identical molecules because one is synthesized by the plant and the other by a human being. Why should it be?

The Traveler
#30 Posted : 8/3/2011 11:00:20 AM

"No, seriously"

caliwa wrote:
i didnt asked where to get it (which would be very incoherent since i dont have a minimal hint of where all of you guys live and such), but yes, mi question was badly formuled. i was confused by thinking that synthethic dmt is imposible to make by normal means, hence, being somewhat bought.

my apologize.

Ah yes, I can see where the confusion can come from. Thank you for clearing that up.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Pandora
#31 Posted : 8/3/2011 11:46:11 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Although his memories are over 40 years old, my husband did synthetic DMT in the late 1960's. He claims the current, extracted version is identical in effects to synthetic. He says the appearance was different and no one was doing breakthrough doses back then, at least as far as he knew.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Aetherius Rimor
#32 Posted : 8/3/2011 3:01:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
corpus callosum wrote:
I think we humans do have the knowledge and equipment to synth 100% pure DMT if we wanted to;Im sure a pharmaceutical firm could do this if it felt the need to.Maybe Benzyme/Phlux/other esteemed chemists could confirm or refute this.

I also think that even if the synth DMT was in the high 90s % purity, the experience would probably only be altered if the 1-2% contaminants were psycho-active and effective at the 'dose' level present.Otherwise it would simply 'dilute' the pure DMT vapor a little..

When Strassman had the DMT synthesized for him, even though he was striving for 100% purity, that wasn't what he got if I remember correctly. Also my bet is that they're subjectively indistinguishable.

In "DMT: The Spirit Moleculue" Labyrinth chapter, Strassman refers to obtaining DMT from one source and purifying it to 99.5% purity, but ended up settling with another source with "near 100%" purity.

Of course I don't remember seeing anything on whether that was extracted or synthesized.

SnozzleBerry
#33 Posted : 8/3/2011 3:49:51 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Aetherius Rimor wrote:
Global wrote:
corpus callosum wrote:
I think we humans do have the knowledge and equipment to synth 100% pure DMT if we wanted to;Im sure a pharmaceutical firm could do this if it felt the need to.Maybe Benzyme/Phlux/other esteemed chemists could confirm or refute this.

I also think that even if the synth DMT was in the high 90s % purity, the experience would probably only be altered if the 1-2% contaminants were psycho-active and effective at the 'dose' level present.Otherwise it would simply 'dilute' the pure DMT vapor a little..

When Strassman had the DMT synthesized for him, even though he was striving for 100% purity, that wasn't what he got if I remember correctly. Also my bet is that they're subjectively indistinguishable.

In "DMT: The Spirit Moleculue" Labyrinth chapter, Strassman refers to obtaining DMT from one source and purifying it to 99.5% purity, but ended up settling with another source with "near 100%" purity.

Of course I don't remember seeing anything on whether that was extracted or synthesized.

Iirc, it was synthed by David Nichols.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Shaolin
#34 Posted : 8/3/2011 8:08:43 PM

Stiletto Stoner

I'm going out on a limb by saying this but I don't think Sigma-Aldrich sells any 100% compounds. 99% yep, 99.5% yep, >_99.5% yup but 100% ? Nah (that I know of).

Therefore, synthesis plus re-x, moar is just theory, what if, terms.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Xt
#35 Posted : 8/3/2011 10:11:46 PM

Heretic wrote:
Subjectively, to this soul, there would be a large difference. But this soul also has seen a demonic face form, quite like a hyperspace vision in it's nature, out of a precipitate crashing from the pyrex. This soul believes that there is a whole world we cannot see with our daily eyes, a world of spirits that attach themselves to objects and hosts, created or changed by the intentions of those it is around. An example would be that for instance synthetic spice created by a negative being as opposed to natural spice created by a plant. Each would have their own information encoded into the crystal matrix. Even if you do not believe in spirits, it is foolish to think that the molecular structure is as precise as it gets. I would be willing to wager that in the coming years we discover a variable code inside molecules that could be the difference between night and day. For now, we can only see so far. It is a mistake to think that is as far as it goes.

Where is this information you speak of stored? Atoms are identical to atoms and they are fundamental building blocks. Molecular structures are specific and definite. Perhaps your speaking of something unknown to science... something for which no evidence has been collected, thus is not proven to exist. Asking folk to believe in something for which there is no evidence is... well: talking snakes, dinosaur bones ect ect.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

corpus callosum
#36 Posted : 8/3/2011 10:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I agree with Xt on this; I suspect that in a double-blind study of extracted vs synthetic DMT administered in the same way and at the same dose, the subject would find it impossible to distinguish between the two.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

The Traveler
#37 Posted : 8/3/2011 11:09:04 PM

"No, seriously"

I think that as long as a person thinks that it will be different it is different, for that person. Ideas of the mind tend to influence the DMT journey in many ways.

That being said, I think that this also means that in a double blind test this subjective idea about the difference between synthetic and natural will not show at all since the subject does not know what is natural or not.

And back to the original idea of Heretic: Who knows if the DMT making plant is angry/evil/happy etc? And maybe the creator of the synthetic DMT was very happy? Just a few ideas that pop into my mind.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

dreamer042
#38 Posted : 8/3/2011 11:24:24 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

let us not forget ...

Mimosa Hostilis = hostile mimosa

The name pretty much equates to angry tree Razz
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Xt
#39 Posted : 8/3/2011 11:31:32 PM

There is too much wishy washy mumbo jumbo tolerated here. Now i accept DMT is weird, an anomaly. I don't know what to think about it... but evidence based conclusions > blind faith.

We didn't invent all these fancy technology's using chakras to weld and chi to mine ores.
We don't pray our DMT out of the plants... we use chemical laws.

I believe DMT is DMT, and i accept the human variable might taint ones opinions. We have seen how placebo works... homeopathy appears to work. Its not the homeopathic medicine, but the placebo effect that works wonders.

Angry plants? By what definition can a plant be angry... we feel anger with our brains. Do plants have brains? Do they have the neurotransmitters and receptors and electrochemical cascades in neurons that allow them to manifest anger as we define it? I doubt it. In which case how can a plant be angry? Im open ideas...

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

nen888
#40 Posted : 8/4/2011 2:47:46 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Quote:
Angry plants? By what definition can a plant be angry...

..where do you get your angry plants quote? Is it in this thread?
i can't be bothered debating, but you are in disagreement with hundreds of thousands of shaman/curandero etc over the centuries (are these people stupid?)

the few people i know who've done the synthetic vs plant blind test all found a difference (though that may be due to traces of other things in the extracts)...

ps synthetic is sometimes handed around in small amounts in underground university chemist scenes (no sale involved)...

PREV123NEXT