We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Synthetic nn-dmt Options

Dr_Sister
#1 Posted : 6/24/2011 2:48:22 AM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Hi Nexians
Just wondering if any have triied nn-dmt that has been synthesized rather than extracted? In theory the experience should be the same, but my intuition suggests otherwise. DMT for Sister is almost a spiritual activity and wonder if the universe takes a dim view of such things.

Have any who have triied it have noticed any differences in the experience? And if so how would you describe them?

light n blessings
Sister

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 6/24/2011 3:54:58 AM

The molecules are the same in their purified states.

psyco_nomad
#3 Posted : 6/24/2011 3:59:38 AM

Joe

۩ wrote:

That doesn't mean the same journey. Have you ever tried it?
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 6/24/2011 4:09:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I tried synthetic NN DMT once about 14 years ago; it was only a relatively small dose (and I must admit, not consumed optimally) but the effects were indistinguishable ,IMO, from the product of Vovins tek and re-Xing a couple of times.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

jamie
#5 Posted : 6/24/2011 4:22:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I guess the difference might be that you dont know how pure the stuff is. Can humans even synth DMT with 100% accuracy? Even with LSD I have only heard of like 98-99% purity or something like that..even Nick Sand did not make 100% pure LSD..so assuming like 99%, what is that other 1%??
Long live the unwoke.

corpus callosum
#6 Posted : 6/24/2011 4:36:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think we humans do have the knowledge and equipment to synth 100% pure DMT if we wanted to;Im sure a pharmaceutical firm could do this if it felt the need to.Maybe Benzyme/Phlux/other esteemed chemists could confirm or refute this.

I also think that even if the synth DMT was in the high 90s % purity, the experience would probably only be altered if the 1-2% contaminants were psycho-active and effective at the 'dose' level present.Otherwise it would simply 'dilute' the pure DMT vapor a little..
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

psyco_nomad
#7 Posted : 6/24/2011 4:44:01 AM

Joe

۩ wrote:
psyco_nomad wrote:
۩ wrote:

That doesn't mean the same journey. Have you ever tried it?

Are any DMT experiences really ever the same, anyway?

Touché
Though I wonder if synthetic DMT would give you a more scientific feel, rather then natural or siritual. Maybe, for no other reason than we know it was created in a lab and not pulled out of nature and we have that involuntary response to percieve it that way.
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

JilPil
#8 Posted : 6/24/2011 8:42:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[qu

Dr_Sister
#9 Posted : 6/24/2011 8:16:26 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

I don't think there is any question about whether or not it can be synthesized. It can be and has been. The purity depends entirely upon the meticulousness and skill of the chemist. The impurities will also depend on what synthetic route was taken and what precursers were used. Interestingly enough one of the major contaminates to deal with when going the tryptamine >> nn-dmt route, is beta carbolines, some of which may be more potent than harmlas.

Sister now has a batch of synthetic nn-dmt. But she has been nervous to try it. Thus this thread to see if the experience diverges in any major way from the normal unpredictability we have come know and love . . .

@ blank - you're right, Sister always seems to forget that we too are a force of nature. Well not forget maybe, but have difficulties beliveing it, although Sister intuitively knows it to be the case.

@ corpus callosum - are you aware of how the batch you triied was prepared? what synthetic route used?

DiMiTriX
#10 Posted : 6/24/2011 8:24:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it's thesame thing. it isn't a spiritual matter..it's just chemistry Wink
the experience could be different due to placebo effect to inhale sintethic stuf instead of natural extract
Tz'is aná

endlessness
#11 Posted : 6/24/2011 8:31:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah ... Do a blind test and let us know. I would bet you couldnt tell them appart with statistical significance....

Also, in some synth routes the impurities are the same as what is found in mimosa extractions:
"There was thus obtained 0.40 g of dimethyltryptamine (DMT) with a mp 67-68 °C. The distillate contained about 3% of 2-Methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-b-carboline (parent peak mass 186, major peak mass 186) as an impurity which was lost upon recrystallization." (TIHKAL)

and in another it says it contains NMT as impurity. And check burnt's mimosa analysis and you'll see its basically the same:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=10553

And even then you'd still have to show that those alkaloids in small amounts affect anything at all, which they might not, or they might in ways we arent aware of...

But anyways some blind tests would be only way to tell what you ask I guess

Korey
#12 Posted : 6/24/2011 10:04:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wrote:
Dr_Sister wrote:
Hi Nexians
Just wondering if any have triied nn-dmt that has been synthesized rather than extracted? In theory the experience should be the same, but my intuition suggests otherwise. DMT for Sister is almost a spiritual activity and wonder if the universe takes a dim view of such things.

Have any who have triied it have noticed any differences in the experience? And if so how would you describe them?

light n blessings
Sister

synthetic is still created by the universes
its your perspective that synthetic is unnatural not the universe's
unnatural is a word we say to get the thought in our head that its unnatural to us not the universe 's
one might look at a star pumping out elements the same as a chicken pooping out eggs, or a human baking a cake. External or internal we are still all one in the same so i dont see any reason for nn-dmt to be looked down upon

I take the same view, all compounds are natural! The universe birthed them! Whether it birthed them through plants, or through a process the human mind can reproduce, it's all the same, to me.
“The most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

HermeticShaman
#13 Posted : 6/24/2011 10:12:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Though I have no experience with synthetic, in my mind it would seem that though both natural (because it's still a product of the universe), plants may just have their own special "thing" going on. Not necessarily superior, but perhaps its origin of derivation might have an impact on the experience.

I always encounter spirits in the plants while in hyperspace, so I'm inclined to think that the essence of the plant would make its way into the product.

But, who knows...?
"'Tis true, without falsehood, certain and most true.
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother,
the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse."

-Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

Dr_Sister
#14 Posted : 6/24/2011 11:26:46 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

A blind taste test?Very happy

Yes, not a bad idea at all, will keep you posted. Hopefully we can get our set together this weekend . . .

christian
#15 Posted : 6/25/2011 12:52:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, i think synthetic N,N DMT is quite a happy chappie, actually. Because he was made from pure chemicals in nice clean laboratory glasswear by men with a scientific intrigue about them...Laughing
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Global
#16 Posted : 6/25/2011 3:01:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

corpus callosum wrote:
I think we humans do have the knowledge and equipment to synth 100% pure DMT if we wanted to;Im sure a pharmaceutical firm could do this if it felt the need to.Maybe Benzyme/Phlux/other esteemed chemists could confirm or refute this.

I also think that even if the synth DMT was in the high 90s % purity, the experience would probably only be altered if the 1-2% contaminants were psycho-active and effective at the 'dose' level present.Otherwise it would simply 'dilute' the pure DMT vapor a little..

When Strassman had the DMT synthesized for him, even though he was striving for 100% purity, that wasn't what he got if I remember correctly. Also my bet is that they're subjectively indistinguishable.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

corpus callosum
#17 Posted : 6/25/2011 9:01:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Dr_Sister- I'm not aware of which route the synthetic DMT I tried was a product of.The small amount I was kindly given were like shavings from a large crystal weighing about 1/2 an ounce (14g approximately).

Korey
#18 Posted : 6/27/2011 8:55:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HermeticShaman wrote:
Though I have no experience with synthetic, in my mind it would seem that though both natural (because it's still a product of the universe), plants may just have their own special "thing" going on. Not necessarily superior, but perhaps its origin of derivation might have an impact on the experience.

I always encounter spirits in the plants while in hyperspace, so I'm inclined to think that the essence of the plant would make its way into the product.

But, who knows...?

I agree to a certain extent, I have never had a spiritual experience with 2C-E, for example. DOB was borderline spiritual for me, but it was definitely a great introspective tool, and it's one of my favorite psychedelics. I find that compounds similar in chemical structure to "natural" psychedelics have more of a magical feel to them, one in particular being 4-AcO-DMT.
“The most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

nen888
#19 Posted : 6/28/2011 7:41:11 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Dear Dr.Sister, re Sythenetic DMT vs Plant Extracted..

good question..having tried both, to me,though very close, synthetic dmt is like virtual reality, plant extracts are more like 'reality'...also the synthetic seems to not do as much (additional alkaloids + 'spirit' in the plants?)...be great if someone had the resources to set up blind tests...

Global
#20 Posted : 6/28/2011 7:46:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

one could also argue that differences in routes of administration may account for any subjective differences provided that one has a poor smoking/vaporization method, although I would imagine, the experiences would be nearly identical provided one has good vaporization technique. Not to mention the fact that DMT can take on so many visual profiles, using different "building blocks" in different scenarios, it would make it even more difficult to distinguish as compared with a substance that is in itself predictable; however, if upon repeated administrations, there turned out to be a distinctive feature of one or the other, I think that would be a different matter.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

123NEXT