We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
do tryptamines make anyone else sweat real bad? Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 10/12/2008 11:15:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM reported that whenever he takes hallucinogenics, in particular LSD-25 and DMT, later that night and usually for a few days after, he sweats real bad at night - and it stinks. stinks quite particularly.

Not a problem, but lately it has started from MDMA aswell!

Anyone else?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 10/13/2008 4:14:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM sweats..and yea its not the best smell...how he sees it is....well its like pushing contaminants to the surface of your body to cleanse itself...so when he stinks...hes happy because he knows the inside of him is just that much cleaner

Smile
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 10/13/2008 4:30:08 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Smelly sweat is primarily due to the action of bacteria producing smelly metabolites. This is enhanced in places that become and stay "damp" after sweating, particularly armpits and genitals. Not much chance here using sweat smell as a surrogate for the amount of "toxins" your body has secreted.

One just needs to wash/change clothes more often Wink

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

DMTripper
#4 Posted : 10/14/2008 1:31:00 AM

John Murdoch IV

I haven't experienced sweating any more after or while using psychedelics. Or maybe I just haven't noticed while tripping. Well often felt soaking wet while tripping but not sweating Razz hehe
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

polytrip
#5 Posted : 10/14/2008 1:45:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Many tryptamines, if not all, causse sweating. I think it's just a fired up metabolism thing.

shoe
#6 Posted : 10/15/2008 2:30:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Smelly sweat is primarily due to the action of bacteria producing smelly metabolites. This is enhanced in places that become and stay "damp" after sweating, particularly armpits and genitals. Not much chance here using sweat smell as a surrogate for the amount of "toxins" your body has secreted.

One just needs to wash/change clothes more often Wink

Well thanks for that "open-mouth" disengage brain response. We sure are lucky there are guys like you around! if there is one thing the internet needs, its more mindless drivel.

shoe

shoe
#7 Posted : 10/15/2008 2:30:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
I haven't experienced sweating any more after or while using psychedelics. Or maybe I just haven't noticed while tripping. Well often felt soaking wet while tripping but not sweating Razz hehe

Im usually fine while actually UTI, but what im talking about is the next day or night, usually while sleeping.
shoe

shoe
#8 Posted : 10/15/2008 2:31:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Many tryptamines, if not all, causse sweating. I think it's just a fired up metabolism thing.

Yea I agree, I was just wondering if there is anything to counteract this? Because man, im getting sick of changing my bedsheets everytime SWIM smokes some DMT.... ends up stinking like a ghurka, and SOAKING too. Its not normal at all... and it never used to be like that.
shoe

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 10/15/2008 2:46:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hmm....go find a nice cozy place outside...maybe leaned against a big rock...looking up into the stars....when its kinda chilly out....you wont sweat...you will shiver!!...the cosmic shiver that is
it's a sound

69ron
#10 Posted : 10/15/2008 10:57:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM normally sweats a little from high doses of LSD.

SWIM also normally sweats a little from high doses of psilocybin and gets pale.

DMT doesn't seem to do it, 5-MeO-DMT doesn't, 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine) doesn't, LSA doesn't, and LSH doesn't.

With 5-HO-DMT, at very high doses, SWIM gets the feeling he is sweating, but it's just a sensation, no actual sweat is present.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

lorax
#11 Posted : 10/16/2008 12:04:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it doesn't exactly cause sweating i think.. it just really gets your motor running at 100%. so i usually just tend to take off some layers of clothing.

i have learned autogenous training from taking LSD in the winter at -15 degrees celcius. I stood barefoot and naked down to my underpants in the snow and I was VERY warm. I stood there for about 5 hours. Then I decided to go inside to smoke some nice hashish. I didn't even catch a cold after that session.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

lorax
#12 Posted : 10/20/2008 3:55:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

correction.. it causes sweating.. this weekend my friend experienced a night on freshly picked psilocybe cyanescens. it was horrible Pleased i was sweating and shivering all at the same time. it was as i had named it.. the mushroom fever.

the strangest moment of all was when the mushroom started speaking. it was like a vocoder sound at first.. like 3 voices slightly off frequency to one another (a male, a female and one "other" voice) ..kinda strange.. it was like it had to tune itself to my frequency first. including sound check and all.

this was from 25g fresh mushrooms.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

dimitrius_rexus
#13 Posted : 10/20/2008 5:43:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

nope, with the few tryptamines SWIM has tried, sweating is not too much of an issue. MAOI's do make me sweat more if i am being active though (biking, etc.)
All of my posts are fiction.

shoe
#14 Posted : 10/21/2008 7:32:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is it hallucinogenic in any way, or only as a pre-purga type thing
shoe

modsquad09
#15 Posted : 10/21/2008 7:50:43 PM

mods

one time after a breakthrough dose(dm tea) It felt like i was sweating right after, but i never actually checked to see if i actually was...

the same goes for the time i smoked spice resin, caused a minor bad trip & sweating feeling/presence.

when tripping though your body is all sensitive to temp/& light.. ya know sometimes you feel like things should be warmer or lighter or more of this, just chill & do what you feel needs to be done..
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!