We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Pre flight beer? Options

Purges
#1 Posted : 6/21/2011 4:39:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was just wondering if there were any negative effects to having a beer before lift off - in order to calm the pre flight nerves, and also have something to sip on when you get back. I usually have a joint / bowl a few hours before hand, but have been thinking recently that it may be 'clouding' the experience...

I have drunk a beer or two afterwards and it is very nice, goes well with the afterglow IMHO...
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Citta
#2 Posted : 6/21/2011 4:49:09 PM

Skepdick

Purges wrote:
I was just wondering if there were any negative effects to having a beer before lift off - in order to calm the pre flight nerves, and also have something to sip on when you get back. I usually have a joint / bowl a few hours before hand, but have been thinking recently that it may be 'clouding' the experience...

I have drunk a beer or two afterwards and it is very nice, goes well with the afterglow IMHO...

Personally, I prefer DMT while sober, but like a beer or two didn't hurt me in the past. Just don't drink too much, as that will definitely "cloud" the experience somewhat.

Dreamwalker
#3 Posted : 6/21/2011 4:51:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think a beer or two would significantly decrease the effects but I wouldn't over do it.

It's a good idea to get yourself situated and do a some breathing exercises before takeoff. Slow deep breaths. In through the nose out through the mouth. It's pretty effective at relaxing the nerves probably a lot better than a beer.

Citta
#4 Posted : 6/21/2011 4:54:57 PM

Skepdick

I must second Dreamwalker; Try calming you body and mind with other means than that of beer or any other psychoactive before blasting off. I think your experience will be overall more positive and profound doing it this way. Drinking beers pre-flight seems kinda like escaping some of the ritual process in facing fears, grounding oneself, stating intentions and clearing ones mind. But then again, whatever floats your boat =)

Purges
#5 Posted : 6/21/2011 5:21:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He he, these were the responses I guessed I would get Smile I did mean just one beer, and generally only smoke after some fasting and a bit of meditation (which could use more work to be honest), I never smoke pot directly before a journey though. Sometimes I am fine, others, my heart will be in my throat - these times I generally avoid, even if I could do with the lift / insight, and that was where I was thinking a glass of beer may take the edge off.

Ah well, just need to work on not being a pussy I guess lol, thanks for the words guys. I think when SWIMs freebase is in Changa form, I will be happier to partake...

psyco_nomad
#6 Posted : 6/21/2011 5:28:22 PM

Joe

I understand where your comeing from. I have drank Two beers before lift off once, it didnt effect the trip at all, but niether did it help settle my nerves. I think some nerviousness should come with hyperspace though. It helps you remember this is something that should be respected.
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

christian
#7 Posted : 6/21/2011 5:52:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe one or two beers is a good pre take off smoking strategy from what i have read in the past..
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Global
#8 Posted : 6/21/2011 6:02:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I remember a thread pretty much exactly like this one around just over a year ago and you should've seen the hostility on that thread. It ultimately comes down to personal preference. Some think it's blasphemy while others clearly feel otherwise. It probably won't make the experience negative, if anything just making it a bit more mild or perhaps it will have no effect at all. Just do a little personal experimentation, with and without, and see which you prefer. I've only smoked DMT after drinking beer twice. On the first occasion I felt like I didn't really trip much, and when that was over, I didn't even really feel buzzed from the drinking anymore. Another time I got blown out of my socks...so lesson is that with DMT, you really never know what'll happen and it will continue to shatter your expectations every other step of the way.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Dr_Sister
#9 Posted : 6/21/2011 6:11:52 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Sister occasionally uses alcohol pre launch. Only one time did she get a messed up experience. It is detailed here if you are interested
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=20114

Still not sure if it was the alcohol or something else.

Purges
#10 Posted : 6/21/2011 6:49:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psyco_nomad wrote:
It helps you remember this is something that should be respected.

This is a good way of looking at it! Very happy

tetra
#11 Posted : 6/21/2011 7:40:41 PM

BaconBerry

A more productive way to calm the nerves, besides meditation, is using MAOI's. I also found changa superior to freebase in calming the nerves. It sounds like you are just starting out with the molecule, and perhaps beer would set a non-productive pre-flight ritual standard (and perhaps not). I remember my first adventures shivering before the GVG like a wet dog, swimming in the fear, transcending it, making it my bitch . . . Fear is a mountain, you cannot jump over it, you must move through it.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

d*l*b
#12 Posted : 6/21/2011 8:02:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think alcohol can help with the whole pre-flight nerves thing. I used to swear by it with acid as it used to give me serious jitters/butterflies.

Personally I find that having more than a couple of beers prior to working with spice can be seriously detrimental. More than a couple and it’s most likely I will end up losing the contents of my stomach, which can be complicated when reality has evaporated.

Saying all this I think trepidation is well-founded when working with such an immensely powerful tool, maybe it’s an important part of the journey.
D × V × F > R

Purges
#13 Posted : 6/22/2011 1:20:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tetra wrote:
A more productive way to calm the nerves, besides meditation, is using MAOI's. I also found changa superior to freebase in calming the nerves. It sounds like you are just starting out with the molecule, and perhaps beer would set a non-productive pre-flight ritual standard (and perhaps not). I remember my first adventures shivering before the GVG like a wet dog, swimming in the fear, transcending it, making it my bitch . . . Fear is a mountain, you cannot jump over it, you must move through it.

SWIM is a newby, how did you guess? lol maybe 10 journeys under his belt, mainly with Changa, it is the preferred method, but all he has at the moment is some enhanced peppermint. I think some of the anxiety came from some slightly careless dosing when SWIM first started experimenting. He also reports that he had a couple of beers and a joint a several hours back, and then smoked some spice maybe an hour ago with minimal nerves - and had a FANTASTIC trip Very happy Some form of huge Buddha like deity - for some reason he saw mostly his / her foot, but it was a beautiful foot. He read it that he was still very at the bottom of the experience - so much to learn and understand before progressing any further into the 'head' of the experience.

There were imp like beings there too. Has he just had his first break through? He has glimpsed beings before, but not had as long to observe them flitting about with their odd little spiralling limbs Surprised Turns out the peppermint is potent! Very happy

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#14 Posted : 6/22/2011 1:34:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Everything's better with beer! Even a moderate buzz doesn't seem to effect me negatively. Drunk would be bad, unless you are seeking total oblivion. The only downside for me is I tend to get a bit reckless with the dosage as I get more intoxicated. heh heh
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Purges
#15 Posted : 6/22/2011 1:48:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish wrote:
Everything's better with beer! Even a moderate buzz doesn't seem to effect me negatively. Drunk would be bad, unless you are seeking total oblivion. The only downside for me is I tend to get a bit reckless with the dosage as I get more intoxicated. heh heh

I can relate to that! But then again, a good enough slug of DMT in the system is plenty intense enough on its own!

Al Dimentiz
#16 Posted : 6/24/2011 7:31:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:

The Elves Won't approve that!!! jk. But anyway, spice help me stop drinking alcohol, so I think it'll be pointless at least for me to drink before launch + I love the pre-flight nerves, so intense at times is only compared to the moments before I sky dive. So my advise will be to enjoy every aspect of spice.
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

Purges
#17 Posted : 6/24/2011 10:10:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Al Dimentiz wrote:
Purges wrote:

The Elves Won't approve that!!! jk. But anyway, spice help me stop drinking alcohol, so I think it'll be pointless at least for me to drink before launch + I love the pre-flight nerves, so intense at times is only compared to the moments before I sky dive. So my advise will be to enjoy every aspect of spice.

Noooo! I don't want to anger the elves!!! Laughing They didn't seem to mind that SWIM had had a couple of beers the other day (waited several hours before lift off though, so most was prob out his system). They seemed rather intrigued by his presence, man they can do some cool stuff with their hands / arms! First time he'd met them as well, he says he hopes to continue on good terms with them, so far they are quite laid back and cheeky Laughing

Space hopper
#18 Posted : 1/14/2018 11:44:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Surely dmt is far stronger than alcohol thus Eliminating any acting any effect of it. I only just finished my first extract a week ago and have been dabbling lightly to prepare my self and each time with alcohol because I really am scared. For me it helps a lot it takes away any fear that I have. Tonight when I return home I plan to break through.... I will be drunk and have no scales but I think I have a pretty good eye for these things. I figure I just vape it until I physically carnt and IL be all good
DMT is the most powerful hallucinogen there is. If it gets stronger than that I don't want to know about it.

Terence McKenna

universecannon
#19 Posted : 1/15/2018 5:37:50 AM

☂

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Just fyi but this thread is 7 years old m8

I understand how alcohol can dampen some anxiety before the plunge but at the end of the day it's a nerve toxin and IME there is better routes. Psychedelics clean me out, and alcohol is sort of the antithesis to that.

I prefer to eat some harmalas and melatonin, then smoke a low dose of dmt or changa while doing yoga (or after) or meditating to some nice psychedelic ambient music. Low doses really melt the anxiety for me and i can always inhale more at that point. Sleep deprivation works amazingly for me but it only seems viable for people with plant based diets.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Northerner
#20 Posted : 1/15/2018 10:55:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Space hopper wrote:
I will be drunk and have no scales but I think I have a pretty good eye for these things

famous last words Laughing
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

12NEXT