We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Training Wheels Come Off? Options

Beelzebozo
#1 Posted : 6/21/2011 3:00:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, in my previous thread ("Singularity of Self" ) I described a "place" that one reaches on psychedelics. Elsewhere, I've described it as, "a place that is incredibly SIGNIFICANT, but also completely beyond the scope of any human language." I speak of a place that is here, all the time, right now. It is reality, but. . . not as we think we know it.

Maybe it will help if I describe how it feels. It feels like childhood, early childhood, before the world became familiar to us. In revisiting that place, everything that was once familiar, EVERYTHING, is no longer so. It is the MOST PROFOUNDLY WEIRD thing that one can experience. YET, it's also right here.

The further you go into that place, the more unrecognizable everything becomes, until eventually you become unrecognizable even to yourself (ego-loss). Time, space, death, and birth all seem very alien there.

Well, I don't really know what else to say about it, except that I can't believe something this profound is hidden so well right in front of our faces! It's the fact of our existence, the innate weirdness of our mysterious condition, brought unavoidably to our attention.

Well, up until last night, I've reached the "place" four times through the use of Salvia and mushrooms. Last night, to my great astonishment, I reached it simply by meditating on cannabis. All I had to do was focus on the *present moment* and let everything else fall away.

This is what I posted on another forum,
Quote:
My GOD! I just accessed THE PLACE through meditation (& some help from cannabis)! I can go there now if I wanted to, all I have to do is sit.

I was there literally only 10 minutes ago! Now I'm back in linear time again. . .

A voice (my thoughts?) repeated, "You are here, you are always here," over and over in my head. There was a increasing pressure against my face, and when I focused on that pressure I began to leave my body. It was like a space opened up in front of me and slowly surrounded me. My whole body tingled, it is a feeling that I can only call "spiritual." It reminded me so strongly of Salvia, but Mushrooms too.

I wasn't as scared as I thought I "should" have been. I couldn't bring myself to linger there, and again it's because I'm nervous that I'll never come back. It seems like anything could happen there. I guess that's called "the unknown!"

I'm nervous that this place, which is so profound that I have no words for it, is so easily accessible to me now. Last night I could easily have gone back again, but I was too nervous. Miraculously, fear never really seized me, just an anxiousness.

Part of me is yelling, "You're going crazy!" And another part is telling me this is what I've been asking for all along, the "spiritual development" I've been supposedly working toward. I guess I'm nervous that if I go there I will either a) never return, b) return but not to a recognizable life, like the one I've known, or c) there's not really a c Laughing .

I guess I don't see how I "need" psychedelics now that I can replicate their effects simply by meditating on them. Does my experience resonate with anyone else?
Quote:
I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the world.

―Loren Eiseley

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Felnik
#2 Posted : 6/21/2011 3:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amazing that your able to do that with just meditation and some weed.

a couple of things , i've come to the conclusion after many many many journeys that we will always return to this plane of reality. The fear of never returning at least for the time being is not an issue for me .

going insane from this used to be a worry as well, now i have a few points of understanding to consider.

1 this place we call hyperspace exists

2 whatever method we use to access is simply a connection. its only a connection to a greater expansive universe of consciousness.

3 we have a choice in how we choose to deal with the knowledge of this place

4 acceptance, focus and non judgement seem to be the key

accept that its real and move on to the real work of learning what it is and how to understand it better.
start a dialog with it ask it things see what happens.

liberation for me came when i began to simply accept it and my disbelief that it was even possible began to fade.

acceptance , love

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

cellux
#3 Posted : 6/21/2011 7:56:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

check out the videos on www.adyashanti.org... that guy seems to be constantly in this... "place" you are talking about.

Beelzebozo
#4 Posted : 6/22/2011 5:29:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik wrote:

amazing that your able to do that with just meditation and some weed.

a couple of things , i've come to the conclusion after many many many journeys that we will always return to this plane of reality. The fear of never returning at least for the time being is not an issue for me .

going insane from this used to be a worry as well, now i have a few points of understanding to consider.

1 this place we call hyperspace exists

2 whatever method we use to access is simply a connection. its only a connection to a greater expansive universe of consciousness.

3 we have a choice in how we choose to deal with the knowledge of this place

4 acceptance, focus and non judgement seem to be the key

accept that its real and move on to the real work of learning what it is and how to understand it better.
start a dialog with it ask it things see what happens.

liberation for me came when i began to simply accept it and my disbelief that it was even possible began to fade.

acceptance , love

Thank you! It's comforting to know that others have gone through this "initiation" (if you want to call it that).

I've been brought up and cemented into a way of thinking that is in complete ignorance of this "place." What I mean to say is that I have no context for this experience, nothing in my life has prepared me to deal with this, which is why it is such a shock to my system.

I intend to give myself a little more time to integrate before I dip back in again, gently. That I went through the experience last night with only mild anxiety, rather than the rabid fear that marked my past excursions, is hopeful.

I want to emphasize also that my manner of speaking here is for convenience only. This is not a place you go to, it is here, now. It is the moment, the only moment. What we're used to calling reality is only the ripple of it. Our minds hide in the imagined past and future, building shelters out of distractions and desires. To see the "Holy Moment," all one has to do is stop.

The question is, should one desire to be there all the time? If one is fully in the moment, truly, time and space, birth and death, all have no meaning. I don't totally understand how one can be fully "here and now" and still function on any practical level.

Cellux, that is very obviously an individual who's aware of what I'm talking about! It's amusing to me that many spiritual writings that were once vague and obtuse now make perfect and obvious sense. It's rather eerie to me how closely Adyashanti's words parallel my own recent experiences.
Quote:
I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the world.

―Loren Eiseley

distracted
#5 Posted : 6/24/2011 7:48:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You aren't goin crazy one bit bud. Smile
I mean think about it from this respect. If you believe what you are experience with psychedelics is real, then why would it be beyond reason that you can access it yourself. (interestingly enough it could do with the possible DMT in the brain, or it could be simply silencing the mind, or more likely, both.)
Lately I have reached some very very deep states in meditation, never completely away from my ego as you described but I'm working my way there. That tingling over your body, is kundalini energy, and resonates throughout your being, and I've found it to be the universal conscious. I'm more adept at controlling this then severing my conscious and lately I can get certain chakras to pulse so strongly I can physically feel it if I put my hand over that spot, in a short amount of time. This for me at least, is a much easier meditation then silencing the mind and entering and ego-less perspective.
It can be scary to lose your ego for sure, especially sober when not expecting it, but don't let your mind fool you into believing you've gone crazy.
You're simply seeing the world as it really is, without all your human perceptions in the way.

And as a side note, in some similar ways, I've gone through this initiation as well, though never experiencing this sober, I've encountered it on psychs, and watched my conscious do some very interesting things sober while meditating lately. It's happening to many lately it seems, we're living in interesting times, to say the least.

Interesting article that was shared with me today, that shares others insight into you're question of wanting to be there all the time.
Meditation and "Drugs"

The more time you spend there, the more your daily life reflects it. You stay in tune, pay attention and begin to see how the world moves in a staggeringly "meant to be" fashion. I think the goal is to get as close as this to possible, because to me it is the source, and god. We we're given free choice so that one day we could chose to return, at least so I believe, why exactly, it would defeat the purpose of doing it if we knew as the point is to do it just for the sake of being there, not for any other goal. But balance is still appropriate, obviously one shouldn't only meditate for there entire lives, but maybe you would benefit from a few day retreat getting closer to this.

I keep editing this post after reading your thoughts lol, but perhaps when you're ready to be "here and now" all the time, that is the point of Ascension. Remember though once you are here and now, theres much more to learn from it. Remember that rabbit hole goes far deeper then the human ego is capable of explaining/perceiving.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis