We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt state of mind affecting the trip Options

travinski
#1 Posted : 10/12/2008 7:11:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my friend ...not a swim wants to try this but she found out her mom has terminal cancer i hope she doesnt read this because i just flooded her full of dmt info and she wants to try it. i dont want her to have a bad trip because of her state of mind but maybe it will be good because of the spiritual aspect....any ideas ?
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 10/12/2008 10:22:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think there has been research into this issue. Terminal ill people were given psychedelics and their sense of weelbeeing improved. But I'm not 100% sure, you might research this yourself.

Imho, she has not much to lose but much to gain like the loss of fear when it comes to dying.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 10/12/2008 12:35:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I know of research being done with mushrooms in relation to this. It could definately help, although it's a very personal thing. I think ayahuasca might be better then the smoked version, but there might be complications with the medicines and the MAOI's. If there is a santo-daime church anywhere near you, i would contact them. I think they must have some expertise in this field.

travinski
#4 Posted : 10/12/2008 4:01:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no no her mom is sick and she's upset about it, but wants to try dmt. just wondering if her state of mind knowing her mom is going to die might increase the odds of a bad trip.
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 10/12/2008 10:32:51 PM

The Great Namah

Personally I believe a few solid DMT journeys will help anyone overcome the fear of death. Once you can see what is on the other side the fear of it diminishes.

Mind state has some effect on the journey but not much in my experience. I've smoked right after a bad fight with the wife and had a wonderful journey.

Aya won't be an option if she is on pretty much any medication (although would be deeper and more beneficial.)
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 10/12/2008 11:08:27 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

In my view a good or bad experience is the result of a good or bad preparation. With the preparation you are actually setting your mind to the right mindset. This can be done by meditation, deep concentration, watching a concert (I like Pink Floyd for this) on DVD, standing still by the things you do, even the everyday things, etc.

This all may be very difficult while thinking about your deadly sick mother though. What she can try is to make all the preparations for the brew, try to set her mind to the right conditions and is she somehow feels she's not ready for it then cancel the journey, on the other hand, if she feels she's ready for it then she probably is and can continue the journey.

Whatever she's doing, grand her my deepest regards, my mother passed away of terminal cancer about 4 years ago, it's a hard thing to go through.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 10/13/2008 2:39:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It could help, accepting this terrible loss. But only if she is not the kind of person who likes to hide her feelings for herself (or others). This is the only precondition i can think of.

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 10/13/2008 4:57:16 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

polytrip wrote:
It could help, accepting this terrible loss. But only if she is not the kind of person who likes to hide her feelings for herself (or others). This is the only precondition i can think of.

Indeed, be very hounest to yourself since the Spice knows everything.