We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Using caapi for severe depression Options

magickpsychonaut
#1 Posted : 6/21/2011 12:09:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Please note: This is not meant to replace a medical professional's advice or guidance. This is just my own personal experience and I wanted to share it with the nexus family, in case it could help someone else. Also, if you are on any prescription drugs, especially for depression or anxiety, please do your research on the medications you're taking now and be 100% sure and knowledgeable about the contraindications. Many depression meds, such as SSRI's are very dangerous when mixed with caapi or other MAOI's. DO NOT combine caapi with any prescriptions without first informing yourself of the possible consequences and health risks!.

I have suffered from severe and debilitating depression for many years, have gone to counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists. I have been prescribed all kinds of stuff, SSRI’s, xanax, prozac, etc. None of it worked for me. The one thing that has really worked for me in miraculous ways is Caapi. Through caapi I have not only been able to get relief of the symptoms but also have been able to completely reprogram my mind, body and spirit for healing, harmony, balance, and being able to cope with life's stresses and my past in a healthy way. I am still working on things, but caapi has truly been a healing teacher, being both counselor, doctor, mother, father, family, and best friend to me. I no longer have that backbeat of doom, gloom, or anxiety in my life. And I have adopted the plant as my family.

I have been experimenting with caapi for six months and have finally found an optimal dosage for me. I want to add that caapi is an MAOI and that precautions should be taken when ingesting this wonderful plant. I myself do not adhere to the precautions and have drank beer, eaten cheese, etc. So nothing bad has happened, but I would advise anyone taking caapi to follow the strict dieta and not be as foolish as I am about your health.

There are several people here on this forum that can attest to the healing power of caapi by itself and I am one of them. You can take it in tea form, by boiling it, but I prefer to take the extract powder in gel caps.

1. Size 0 gel caps with Cap M Quick Gelcap machine for size 0 . It is the smallest capsule that you can use the machines with that I know of. If anyone else knows of even smaller cap machines please feel free to add the information to this threat. (http://www.cap-m-quick.com/store/all-in-one-kits.html)
2. 200x caapi extract. I get mine from Flowingvisions.com (they are usually very good with shipping and the quality is good, but every once in a while they slack off badly and don't answer emails, so I always make sure to order my supplies 6 weeks ahead of when I would run out of my current gel caps.
3. Regular caapi powder. I get 2.2 lbs from Forestrx.com or shamanic gardens. (http://www.forestrx.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=817)
4. Teaspoon measuring tool.

The Cap M Quick machine holds 50 gel caps, so I use 2 x (1 gram caapi copy 200x) per 50 gel caps. I mix that with on teaspoon of regular caapi powder thouroughly and the fill the caps and then top them. You can use the accessor tamper to press down the powder and fill it with more regular caapi powder if you want to add more powder substance. The extract is great because there is not much that is needed and it can easily fit into these small gel caps.

I take two of these every night before bedtime, they do make me sleepy and it’s best to not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking them. Best taken about 30 minutes before bedtime. It is strong enough to break through a really severe depression and helps with social anxiety so much! Due to severe childhood abuse, I never had that nurturing foundation most people have and instead have had abandonment and trust issues. With caapi I can feel the love in my heart for others and some how I can trust myself to make the right decisions.

Everything in life comes easier to me. Don't get me wrong, I still have to work at things, but there's no more struggle or suffering. It also helps to keep me grounded to the other side if you know what I mean. I experience a balance of both the physical reality as well as the spiritual reality.

I have also had my third eye open and telepathic senses are beginning to awaken. I no longer worry about anyone taking advantage of me or trying to get over on me. My perception has been so much clearer. I can focus easier and I am able to relax and get into the zone easier. In addition, I do not have bad cravings for junk food as much and have been able to lose a little weight. I think the reason many people are overweight is because of emotional eating, so that is one area it has helped me. This is my personal optimal dosage, so you may want to experiment with your own dosage. Hope this helps someone else.

magickpsychonaut attached the following image(s):
Photo_7E2F22CF-4C96-80B4-4306-04A0C4157EDE.jpg (376kb) downloaded 1,070 time(s).
WP_000585.jpg (322kb) downloaded 1,067 time(s).
WP_000586.jpg (312kb) downloaded 1,066 time(s).
WP_000587.jpg (303kb) downloaded 1,065 time(s).
WP_000588.jpg (328kb) downloaded 1,064 time(s).
"Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 6/21/2011 7:09:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the succinct writeup... Lots of people are very interested about working with Caapi for depression, and I know in my experience, it has been the best help I've ever found...

Have you ever tried a tea, or worked only with the Caapi Copy?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

magickpsychonaut
#3 Posted : 6/21/2011 3:17:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I started out with tea, but I drank it every day and the taste just started not tasting good. I went from that to just filling the biggest gelcaps I could get with straight powdered caapi. I took 7 to 10 size 000 caps a day. The caps were so huge, that I thought about doing an extraction and putting it in smaller caps. No sooner did the idea come to me, when I googled for caapi extracts and found caapi copy.

I have been interested in doing my own food grade extraction and making 400x or 600x caapi with maybe a size 4 gelcap, but I can't find any cap machines that small.

Gelcaps are very convenient, especially when you've worked all day and you don't feel like making tea. And yes I agree, lots of people are very interested in working with Caapi for depression.

I am interested in working with all the colors of the vine, but so far I can only find powdered caapi of the red sort. I don't know what people are using to powder the vines. Once I find that out, then I will try using the black vine or the white vine and see the effects.

Yes Yes, I totally agree with you...Caapi has been THE ABSOLUTE BEST I EVER HAD TO DO AWAY WITH MY DEPRESSION. Smile Smile Very happy Very happy Laughing Laughing Razz Very happy Very happy

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Thank you for the succinct writeup... Lots of people are very interested about working with Caapi for depression, and I know in my experience, it has been the best help I've ever found...

Have you ever tried a tea, or worked only with the Caapi Copy?

gibran2
#4 Posted : 6/21/2011 3:37:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I’m glad you’re getting such good results with caapi. I’m wondering what your actual dose of alkaloids is. Maybe 40-50mg?

Have you ever considered extracting caapi alkaloids yourself in order to get a more standardized dose? It’s easy to do, rewarding, and if the caapi used has a high alkaloid content (2% or more), it is much more economical.

Also, I don’t think there is any legitimate “400X” or “600X” caapi extract. Strong caapi contains around 2% alkaloids (the strongest I’ve ever extracted contained 3%). So 100g of caapi will yield about 2g of alkaloids. This would correspond to “50X” I suppose. One hundred grams of a very weak caapi (0.25%) will yield 0.25g alkaloids, so I guess we could call it “400X”. The “X-factor” depends on the strength of the caapi, and as a result doesn’t tell you much – it’s more of a marketing ploy than anything.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

corpus callosum
#5 Posted : 6/21/2011 6:05:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I'm glad you are having positive results with caapiSmile

Bear in mind that MAOIs are still used to treat certain depressives, particularly when the SSRIs, SNRIs and tricyclics (plus derivatives) havent worked.So it makes sense for caapi alkaloids to have a mood-elevating effect.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

magickpsychonaut
#6 Posted : 6/21/2011 8:28:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Gibran, can you give me the steps to do the alkaloid extraction? Prefer food grade if possible.
Also, how would I be able to measure the alkaloid content precisely after the extraction is done?
gibran2 wrote:
I’m glad you’re getting such good results with caapi. I’m wondering what your actual dose of alkaloids is. Maybe 40-50mg?

Have you ever considered extracting caapi alkaloids yourself in order to get a more standardized dose? It’s easy to do, rewarding, and if the caapi used has a high alkaloid content (2% or more), it is much more economical.

Also, I don’t think there is any legitimate “400X” or “600X” caapi extract. Strong caapi contains around 2% alkaloids (the strongest I’ve ever extracted contained 3%). So 100g of caapi will yield about 2g of alkaloids. This would correspond to “50X” I suppose. One hundred grams of a very weak caapi (0.25%) will yield 0.25g alkaloids, so I guess we could call it “400X”. The “X-factor” depends on the strength of the caapi, and as a result doesn’t tell you much – it’s more of a marketing ploy than anything.

magickpsychonaut
#7 Posted : 6/21/2011 8:31:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So true, I read that SSRI's are more of a placebo and unproven drug. None of the anti-depressants I ever took ever worked, except for xanax, but I developed a tolerance within a day or so and the side effects were nasty.
I didn't know that MAOI's were used for depression, until after my girlfriend who is a nurse told me about this. Thanks for sharing information.

corpus callosum wrote:
I'm glad you are having positive results with caapiSmile

Bear in mind that MAOIs are still used to treat certain depressives, particularly when the SSRIs, SNRIs and tricyclics (plus derivatives) havent worked.So it makes sense for caapi alkaloids to have a mood-elevating effect.

gibran2
#8 Posted : 6/21/2011 9:08:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

magickpsychonaut wrote:
Hi Gibran, can you give me the steps to do the alkaloid extraction? Prefer food grade if possible.
Also, how would I be able to measure the alkaloid content precisely after the extraction is done?

Take a look at this extraction thread. It uses “food grade” sodium hydroxide as the base, but other than that, it uses only water and vinegar.

After such an extraction, you are left with almost pure alkaloids, so you’d just measure a dose in milligrams. Flowing Visions Caapi Copy is fairly pure alkaloids also, but they’re obtained from rue rather than from caapi, so the THH content is probably much lower than true caapi extracted alkaloids.

Extraction of alkaloids from caapi is easy, fun, rewarding, fast (other than the initial boiling and reduction), and economical. I’ll never buy extracted harmala alkaloids again.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Rivea
#9 Posted : 6/22/2011 2:01:51 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I find caapi alkaloids in tiny amounts to be mood brightening. 40 mg in the morning can lift me out of a funk within an hour... no 3 week ramp up like most people have to go through on prozac or paxil, etc.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

corpus callosum
#10 Posted : 6/22/2011 5:02:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Xanax aka alprazolam is not an anti-depressant-its much closer in structure and character to the benzodiazepines.Relying on this for its 'anidepressant' (more like anxiolytic) effects is very useful in the very short term.Play with it for too long and it will have you hooked in a way thats protracted and taxing to free yourself from.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

magickpsychonaut
#11 Posted : 6/22/2011 2:56:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Gibran, thanks for that awesome tek! I will do this tek next month, instead of ordering the caapi copy. Now the only problem is figuring out how many grams of vine I need to extract for 30 days worth. If I were to go with 50 mg/day, approximately how many grams of vine do you think I should use if I were to go with your tek?

gibran2 wrote:
magickpsychonaut wrote:

Take a look at this extraction thread. It uses “food grade” sodium hydroxide as the base, but other than that, it uses only water and vinegar.

After such an extraction, you are left with almost pure alkaloids, so you’d just measure a dose in milligrams. Flowing Visions Caapi Copy is fairly pure alkaloids also, but they’re obtained from rue rather than from caapi, so the THH content is probably much lower than true caapi extracted alkaloids.

Extraction of alkaloids from caapi is easy, fun, rewarding, fast (other than the initial boiling and reduction), and economical. I’ll never buy extracted harmala alkaloids again.

magickpsychonaut
#12 Posted : 6/22/2011 2:58:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
Xanax aka alprazolam is not an anti-depressant-its much closer in structure and character to the benzodiazepines.Relying on this for its 'anidepressant' (more like anxiolytic) effects is very useful in the very short term.Play with it for too long and it will have you hooked in a way thats protracted and taxing to free yourself from.

So true. I met a lady in a counseling group I used to attend. She was there because she was hooked on "benzos" as she called them. She said that she started getting hooked on them when the doctors prescribed them to her. She was just a little depressed before the doctors, afterwards she was depressed and had a drug addiction.

magickpsychonaut
#13 Posted : 7/8/2011 5:11:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Gibran2, For some reason I can no longer access that tread for that tek. Has it been taken down?

gibran2 wrote:
magickpsychonaut wrote:

The Traveler
#14 Posted : 7/8/2011 5:57:43 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

magickpsychonaut wrote:

Gibran2, For some reason I can no longer access that tread for that tek. Has it been taken down?

gibran2 wrote:
magickpsychonaut wrote:

The links work again, it had to do with the move from the .com TLD to the .me TLD.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

magickpsychonaut
#15 Posted : 7/9/2011 6:16:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much. My cat tried this tek with powdered caapi but failed. Does one have to use shredded vine?

Carrierwave
#16 Posted : 7/9/2011 9:03:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

magickpsychonaut wrote:
Thank you very much. My cat tried this tek with powdered caapi but failed. Does one have to use shredded vine?
I don't see why it would matter, other than perhaps you filtered out your precipitated alkaloids along with the caapi powder by mistake? Which would have happened if you forgot to filter prior to adding lye. The tek is the same A/B process used with MHRB powder, nothing different except that the alks fall out in visible fashion when freebased, while with MHRB the DMT isn't heavy enough or something of that sort to fall to the bottom. Attempting any kind of powdered A/B it pays like no other in sanity to buy a buchner funnel and vacuum pump. Oh glorious buchner, how I love thee. If when you added the lye nothing fell out of the solution then there was either nothing in the solution to begin with, or the pH didn't get high enough, or maybe (speculation) too high of a pH caused the alkaloids to spontaneously combust into rainbows. Pick a card, any card.

Do you know if your caapi is viable? It may have some alks but in a bunk amount. If you followed the tek line for line and got nothing, I'd look at the source product. Despite that though double check the tek and just make sure you didn't misread something or what have you, it happens.

magickpsychonaut
#17 Posted : 7/12/2011 2:09:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does it matter how long the caapi is boiled?

proto-pax
#18 Posted : 7/12/2011 10:58:26 PM

bird-brain

I have a problem with it being sludgy. There is no way to filter this mess, it's all one thickness!
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

magickpsychonaut
#19 Posted : 7/12/2011 11:16:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@proto, You can boil it down to where there's barely any fluid left (but don't burn it) then let it cool off and get a sock or a clean white tshirt and scoop the caapi in it then tie it and then boil. In essence you'll be making an oversized tea bag out of that sock or tshirt.

proto-pax
#20 Posted : 7/12/2011 11:19:06 PM

bird-brain

I added a TON of water. I'll try filtering that, and then use your method.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

123NEXT