We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Butane heat gun instead of torch? Options

Fangor
#1 Posted : 6/20/2011 11:50:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have this small $10 butane torch/soldering iron/hot air blower lying around, and I've been wondering if it would work well for vaporizing. The heat gun tip blows butane through a glowing ceramic piece, so there is no flame at the tip just hot air. It also has an adjustable fuel dial to control the heat. In theory I should be able to just plug a bowl with screens or steel wool and carefully vape the DMT directly with the heat blower. It seems like it would be almost the exact same principle as "The Inspirator", except more versatile because it can be used with changa too. Anyone try something similar before?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

easyrider
#2 Posted : 6/21/2011 9:37:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen this mentioned before in a different thread from a member who stated it was a successful method. Most people are comfortable with their torch lighters, and aren't willing to switch to something new. Perhaps you can try it out and get back to us with results?
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

Global
#3 Posted : 6/21/2011 1:55:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I have no idea how it will go other than, if you plan to simply use a bowl, I would wonder if that would burn the DMT. People who are using butanes are mostly using them on their vaporizers (GVGs). Then again, you say there's no flame, so maybe it is a good idea.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

E-Z
#4 Posted : 6/22/2011 3:59:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Be careful with it. Keep in mind that once the spice kicks in you're going to have to turn it off and put it down. Seems like it would be easy to drop it and cause a fire.
"I bought a gun and chose drugs instead."
-Kurt Cobain

"Idleness is the beginning of all vice, the crown of all virtues."
- Franz Kafka

Fangor
#5 Posted : 6/22/2011 5:11:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it has an on/off switch so it might be dangerous. I was thinking of taking the heat tip off and attatching it to something to use with a lighter. When a flame is pulled through it the ceramic piece inside just converts it all to hot air, kind of like a GVG.