We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Jungle Spice??? Options

Darkbb
#1 Posted : 10/11/2008 5:48:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been reading up on the jungle spice thread and have been interested in it since my money situation right now is tight and I want to get the most bang for much buck out of my mimosa. So my question is if there is any swiy's here on the forum that has done a jungle spice extraction. Basically is it worth doing for the amount you received?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 10/11/2008 7:13:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM hasnt done a jungle extraction..but if you do a big enough extraction..while using heat to increase the spice pickup in the solvent...and then purify...you can end up with some lovely dark brown flowery smelling waxyish spice...and one little nugglet and WHAM!!
it's a sound

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/11/2008 10:02:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well why is it so much of a monetary problem?

the equipment is exactly the same as with normal spice.. You anyways make the normal spice extraction.. and then only after the normal 5 pulls or whatever, you make the jungle spice extraction... you just need to have toluene or xylene and make a couple more pulls with that.. so the only extra cost is the toluene or xylene, and you will still have your normal spice anyways

SWIM will make next weekend, so if you can wait that long, will have a report on how it all went with pics too

Darkbb
#4 Posted : 10/11/2008 10:07:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh, I thought you needed heptane or bestine. When I read the extraction tek on the main jungle spice thread It seemed much more difficult needing heptane toluene. test tubes. and the ability to use a water bath.

Swim will end up having to wait till then anyways since swim needs to buy the toluene or xylene and some lye

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 10/12/2008 10:25:05 PM

The Great Namah

No bestine is not manditory. Naphtha can be used interchangeably with bestine.

You will be find extracting the xylene extract with naphtha. What is left over is "jungle spice".
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

burnt
#6 Posted : 10/13/2008 11:52:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

you can also do the opposite. first extract jungle spice at least 3 times. the jungle spice will be loaded with white spice which you can further purify if you feel like it. that saves you solvents.

lorax
#7 Posted : 10/13/2008 2:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah.. SWIM has done this also: pull out everything with xylene or toluene, let it dry completely. then put the extract in a test tube and pull the spice from it with naphtha. keeps the naphtha nice and clean. also the resulting crystals are VERY white.

its a good idea heating the test tube from below to cause the extract to melt into oil. that way the dmt will be better mixed with the pulling solvent.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Darkbb
#8 Posted : 10/15/2008 2:28:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

how much xylene should i use and how many pulls should be done on a 200g mimosa/lye/water concoction.

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 10/15/2008 6:21:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

use...say...at least...at least 50ml per pull...do at least three pulls...and then just evap...and then use some higher quality solvent...should work...

it helps sometimes to over do the solvent..makes it easier to separate..
it's a sound

lorax
#10 Posted : 10/16/2008 11:45:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a friend likes to pull with 1ml per gram of mimosa bark so he would go for 200ml with 200g of bark. just remember that more solvent requires more agitation.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)