We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What are clean brands of naphtha? Options

logos2012
#1 Posted : 10/11/2008 10:52:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend SWIM made a batch of mimosa without doing an evap test on the vm&p nahptha first. After smoking it, SWIM felt a bit dumber so decided to do an evap test on it. It left a little bit of residue that could be scraped up with a razor blade an was kind of black when gathered together. The brand used was "Klean Strip" vm&p naphtha.

SWIM was wondering what are clean brands of naphtha?

SWIM was wondering as well if anyone else has had experience with "Klean Strip" vm&p naphtha?

Also SWIM was probably just going to throw the batch away (SHAME huh?). Any suggestions on cleaning it? Perhaps recrystalizing in clean naphtha?

Maybe this is obvious (perhaps not to everybody) but SWIM thinks an evap test is something that everyone should do before messing with it because he has heard that they are not all clean. In all of SWIM's research and reading of teks, an evap test on the naphtha is not mentioned. Perhaps an evap test should be added to the start of every tek or perhaps to the saftey or health section.

Also SWIM's theory is that even if your naphtha is clean, some of it still ends up in the final product. SWIM was wondering if there are any teks for cleaning residual solvent in the final product. SWIM has heard of sticking it in a crockpot on the keep warm setting for a while. SWIM wonders if this works well. SWIM has heard of the clean limomene tek and might try that in the future but SWIM also really likes smoking it.
All posts are from higher vibrational alien entities. These entities are not physically real to your understanding and do not exist in this dimension, therefore accounts of all posts did not take place in reality.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

logos2012
#2 Posted : 10/13/2008 11:02:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is gonna have to say never mind on this. SWIM did another evap test, scrubbed the pyrex dish clean and rinsed with distilled water and put a t shirt over the dish then evaporated. No residue was left. SWIM thinks perhaps on the first evap test the residue was from the tap water it was rinsed with. SWIM scrubbed the dish clean the first time but didn't fully dry it. Where SWIM lives there is fluoride in the water among chlorine that you can taste if you let it sit in a bottle for a while. Interestingly enough SWIM has heard that fluoride calcifies the pineal gland among causing other bad things in the body. SWIM thinks that no one should be drinking tap water in the first place unless they live in a place where it comes from a well or spring. Also it probably shouldn't be used as your water in your extraction.

SWIM says sorry, he should have done a few tests to rule out the possibilities before posting....but he still thinks everyone should be doing evap tests on every bottle that they use even if it is a brand that someone has tested before.
All posts are from higher vibrational alien entities. These entities are not physically real to your understanding and do not exist in this dimension, therefore accounts of all posts did not take place in reality.

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 10/15/2008 12:49:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

logos2012 wrote:
but he still thinks everyone should be doing evap tests on every bottle that they use even if it is a brand that someone has tested before.

I agree heartily.

lorax
#4 Posted : 10/16/2008 11:55:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shellsol-T from shell oil inc. is good.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)