We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
where did swiy first hear about dmt? and how did their experience go? Options

travinski
#1 Posted : 10/11/2008 1:22:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this is a branch off of my previous thread "why is dmt so underground?" posted in the info category. i personally have never tryed but have a friend with a goldfish that has cookie dough ordered and intends to bake some treats for his close friend
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Darkbb
#2 Posted : 10/11/2008 3:55:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I first of dmt through wikipedia. Although if it wasn't for my first girl friend introducing me to the world of altered consciousness using drugs like marijuana I would never have been interested in hallucinogenics.

I then proceeded just assuming that it would have been too hard for me to obtain until one day my cat came across the nexus which gave it the confidence and knowledge to finally attempt it.

I do not remember my very first dmt trip because it wasn't my first breakthrough. I remember the emotional aspect of my very first breakthrough as clear as day. It was a death related trip and was very intense.

Tonight my cat-dog shoots for another breakthrough experience and will report if it is successful.

PS. I have to admit I am nervous. lol

DMTripper
#3 Posted : 10/11/2008 4:10:00 AM

John Murdoch IV

I don't really remember where I first heard of DMT but I think it was erowid. Very likely erowid, I've spent a lot of time reading about different substances there. Heard of many of them first there.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

travinski
#4 Posted : 10/11/2008 5:20:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so thats 3 so far including me that found it through the net. darkbb the death experience didnt turn you off or scare you away i mean noone can really be prepared for that unless your a crazy kamikaze pilot or misinformed terrorist that thinks he's doing it for his religeon. how long was it before you tryed it again and have there been more good experiences than bad?
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 10/11/2008 5:40:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I believe I first read about it in D.M. Turner's Essential Psychedelic Guide. I first experienced it years later (I was only 15 when I first read about it), but needless to say the experience was otherworldly.

travinski
#6 Posted : 10/11/2008 6:48:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hooray just looked up canadian law bout this and i guess its #3 on the shitlist ....below pot which is also good coz in british columbia i think everyone is high including the rcmp

Darkbb
#7 Posted : 10/11/2008 5:21:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Travinski, my death related trip did scare me for a while. Its been a few weeks since last night that I've tried for a breakthrough and I had a very welcoming and beautiful trip last night. I believe it was on the brink of a breakthrough but it came on so fast that by the time I came out I realized that I was in a very uncomfortable position and I didn't even know it during the trip at all.

flyboy
#8 Posted : 10/11/2008 7:17:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i read about it in the classic book DM Tuner's "Legal Highs", back in 1984 after my first few acid and mushrooms trips i wanted other experiences.

I innocently called 100's of chemical companies thinking they might stock dimethyltrpytamine, and they all replied as if i was a kid asking a stupid question which in retrospect i was.

Flash forward 20+ years later and after 8 years of no tripping (after overoing E in the 90's and losing my mind), i move back to my hometown, try salvia, freak out at it's power, fall in love with plants again, and hit the internet. That was 8 months ago. I found the nexus and rediscovered DMT after 20 years of not hearing about it! That was 7 months ago. I get busy. That was 6 months ago. After a month or so with a regular pipe and not breaking through but THINKING i was, i finally innocently buy a bubble pipe.....BAM. Yahoo! E can kiss my ass 99 times out of 100 now Smile

By the way, you have no idea how many times Legal Highs is quoted and referenced yet I have never read anyone point out the fact the title is an obvious ode to the writer's favorite: DM Turner.. DMT... it's almost as if the author was trying to send a message to the world that YES all of these legal plants exist, but please take specific note of DMT.

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 10/11/2008 8:12:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM read about it in some T Mckenna books..never really noticed it...and then all the sudden it was like..PAY ATTENTION TO ME..so SWIM started reading everything they could about it...never thought he would ever try it because he had heard to takes like two months to Synth...so then after a year and a half of reading about it...he found Shpongle...and listened to Divine Moments of Truth for about three months...and then all the sudden...the nexus came into focus...and instead of 2 months to produce...he had crystals in 12 hours...woooooo...now he can basically brew it in his sleep...its nice having the skilll
it's a sound

Spacehippie
#10 Posted : 10/12/2008 11:42:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim first heard of it in Terence McKenna's book True Hallucinations.Swim never ran across any of it in all his travels.It wasn't until swim found DMTworld back in 2005 that he was able to try it finally.Swims first experience wasn't a breakthrough but it sure was enough to keep his interest.
Once in a while you get shone the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Dwhitty76
#11 Posted : 10/13/2008 1:15:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just like space hippie, i had read T.mckenna's "True Hallucinations" and i was already well versed in the world of LSD and shroomies.
I read the book back in "91" and i could never find it (dmt) as hard as i looked (at dead shows or other sources),so i figured it would be one of those things that i'd never have the opportunity to try,unless a chance encounter with someone who had it (which never happened).
Two yrs. ago i stumbled upon another forum and looked at a bunch of extraction teks and was so excited that it would be possible to extract it from some legal root that i could order from an ethnobotanical vendor.I had know idea that it was that easy.
So marsofold tek seemed like the easiest and most straight foward tek and as swim was in the middle of his extraction,he found this site and he started posting his progress reports and the very friendly people in this community started giving swim tips along the way which he is extremely grateful .The rest is history Smile
THIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME COMMUNITY,NO OTHER FORUM HAS BEEN AS HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. MUCH LOVE
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

rellik
#12 Posted : 10/13/2008 4:02:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

back in '03, http://webzone.k3.mah.se/kit01051/flashback.swf which lead to discovering shpongle - divine moments of truth (the background music from the video). After hearing the DMT LSD chant, i wondered what is this strange DMT that i have never heard of and why is is said along with LSD.

ever since viewing that video, i have been semi-certifiable Pleased

first experience was a mimosa based aya journey. blew my little mind Smile
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 10/13/2008 10:10:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

wait till you actually get to try lsd and dmt together....its amazing
it's a sound