We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
In Comparison To LSD... Options

walshd55
#1 Posted : 10/10/2008 11:29:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How would you rank an intense DMT trip? I've done acid, shrooms and salvia...My salvia trip was particularly intense, how would you rank DMT compared to other intense psychedelic trips?

On a scale of 1-10 how do you rank a strong DMT trip compared to a strong trip by another psychoactive substance? (LSD being one number and DMT being another, e.g. LSD-5 DMT-7)

Thanks in advance

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 10/10/2008 11:43:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

lsd-5 dmt-infinite
it's a sound

walshd55
#3 Posted : 10/10/2008 11:49:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
lsd-5 dmt-infinite

Is it really that much more powerful?...It seems unfathomable from my perspective to think of something so much more intense than LSD....

endlessness
#4 Posted : 10/11/2008 12:20:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LSD seems to me like a very strong amplification of consciousness/the mind.. Like a microscope or telescope. Even though its very powerful and I have learned a LOT from it, it feels somehow cold, mathematical, cyborg-like (which doesnt mean its a bad thing.. can be of great use). If I had to name an entity for it, it would be the ´Joker´. Just like in some games of playing cards, the joker can be used as any card, also the acid is somehow a chameleon, it can become a number of things, it plays with ´shadows´. but it doesnt have too much of a personality itself, imo

DMT on the other hand, seems much more ´alive´ than the cold cyborg side of acid.. It´s completely ´inhabited´, or it feels like so. Oral dmt in the form of ayahuasca or analogues, at least imo, is even more learning, more personal, more humbling. With acid you may feel at the top of the world, with ayahuasca it may put you on your knees and show you how to have more respect. I cannot imagine using ayahuasca recreationally, while it is definitely possible with LSD (which also does not mean its a bad thing.. I love acid and the playfullness it can bring).

Smoked DMT is just incomparable, because it´s not like acid where you´re reasonably aware of consensus reality. With smoked DMT, in 30 seconds you´re totally in another dimension, if you smoke it right and enough. If acid is impressive, DMT is reality-shattering and awe-inspiring.

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 10/11/2008 12:28:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

walshd55 wrote:
Jorkest wrote:
lsd-5 dmt-infinite

Is it really that much more powerful?...It seems unfathomable from my perspective to think of something so much more intense than LSD....

it is unfathomable...and thats why i say....infinite
it's a sound

benzyme
#6 Posted : 10/11/2008 12:45:43 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I said in the "why is dmt underground" thread,
Quote:
a lot of people are unsettled by the idea of rocketing from normal consciousness to hyperspace in mid-sentence.
the dmt flash makes LSD seem like a 8-12 hour ordeal akin to blowing bubbles in the park

it's far more intense than an lsd trip, because of it's onset, peak, and brevity. it really is another dimension of consciousness.. what Leary called the 8th circuit
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Linga Sarira
#7 Posted : 10/11/2008 1:34:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not comparable to any other pyschedelic, Terence said himself that this is not even a drug, its like magic, its impossible. Ive had mushrooms, and acid in high doses and it is not even close. DMT makes LSD seem like a nice little picnic in the park.

Reality shattering, transforming, life changing utterly awe inspiring.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 10/11/2008 1:47:14 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yeah, it really is the apex psychedelic.

low doses are similar to the visual distortions of LSD
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 10/11/2008 2:17:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lsd is like a shadow of just one being out of an infinite amount of beings in the spice realm
it's a sound

extrememetal43
#10 Posted : 10/11/2008 2:24:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I always said LSD was was like takin aspirin compared to DMT...ya i'd stil say the same thing!

xantus
#11 Posted : 10/11/2008 2:50:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

walshd55 wrote:
Jorkest wrote:
lsd-5 dmt-infinite

I've never done acid so I don't have any reference...but a friend of mine who has done both said "the first 5 seconds and...the last minute of the comedown 20 mins later, was like a really really good hit of acid. everything inbetween is uncomparable"

so I would say
every day reality-1
lsd-4
hyperspace-the number of atoms in your body times the diameter of the milky way in inches.

DMTripper
#12 Posted : 10/11/2008 4:08:02 AM

John Murdoch IV

I can't compare DMT to any other substance. It's just one of a kind and shows you something no other substance can.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

mardybum
#13 Posted : 10/11/2008 8:06:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think LSD can be just as intense as a DMT trip at times.

polytrip
#14 Posted : 10/11/2008 10:43:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
LSD above a certain dose, doesn't become more powerful, no matter how much more you take. The difference between 200 and 400 micrograms is bigger then the difference between 400 and 600, and so on. And at that moment that you're at the absolute 'LSD-peak' where taking more acid will not bring you any further, you may have loss of ego and you may stand just at the gate of the other dimensions or you may be just somewhere in between this world and hyperspace.
LSD with a MAOI becomes a little more mushroom-like.
DMT, ayahuasca and mushrooms can bring you to that other place. With DMT it happens almost instantaneously. Mushrooms and ayahuasca (wich is another way to take DMT) can get you there as well with a little more time to adapt. With mushrooms you have to have potent ones and take a lot of them. Many people who've done mushrooms and DMT will not believe me if i say that mushrooms can be just as intense as DMT, because they've only had weak mushroomtrips, but when you take strong ones (p.azurescens, for instance) in sufficient amounts you'l be in hyperspace for at least 8 hours.
Ayahuasca will be as intense as DMT in the right amount and when you take a real large (concentrated) amount of it, you will even have a headrush like with snorted DMT. (once i was gliding in to hyperspace, before i even had put the empty bowl, from my mouth to the ground) It's like smoked DMT then, but just a little slower.
5-methoxy, i have never done. Some people here like it and others don't.
To my view there is a limit to the power of DMT as well, in the sense that at a certain moment you'l be just so overwhelmed that you can no longer comprehend what's happening. So maybe then, the experience even does become more powerfull, but you will no longer realise it. That's why some people here rate it as 'infinite'. There is just a limit to what your mind is able to proces.

Rapt
#15 Posted : 10/11/2008 6:22:41 PM

Wesley

Say someone smokes DMT... In 30 seconds or whatever is sent to hyperspace. Then after the 10-15 minute intense trip, you have 30-45 minutes of the "after effects". How would you compare the after effects to LSD? I mean the last 30 minutes of the DMT trip.. while its still wearing off?

benzyme
#16 Posted : 10/11/2008 6:31:48 PM

analytical chemist

polytrip wrote:
LSD above a certain dose, doesn't become more powerful, no matter how much more you take. The difference between 200 and 400 micrograms is bigger then the difference between 400 and 600, and so on. And at that moment that you're at the absolute 'LSD-peak' where taking more acid will not bring you any further, you may have loss of ego and you may stand just at the gate of the other dimensions or you may be just somewhere in between this world and hyperspace.

yes.

i've tried arguing this point with others, and some just don't believe it. they can't comprehend that lsd has a "saturation point" (I believe it's around 750mics), and any more is basically a waste. some really think a thumbprint is more mind-blowing than 15 potent blotters. I say it's just a ritual more than anything

dmt is a whole other story. the more you take, the more revealing it is, until you get pass out w/ amnesia.

69ron
#17 Posted : 10/12/2008 8:31:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rapt wrote:
Say someone smokes DMT... In 30 seconds or whatever is sent to hyperspace. Then after the 10-15 minute intense trip, you have 30-45 minutes of the "after effects". How would you compare the after effects to LSD? I mean the last 30 minutes of the DMT trip.. while its still wearing off?

The after effects are somewhat LSD-like, but 5-MeO-DMT is more LSD like than DMT is. A high dose of psilocybe azurescens is nearly identical to the effects of DMT. Psilocybe cubensis is less like DMT, and that is the mushroom most people are familiar with. I’m not sure what exactly the difference is chemically, but a large dose of psilocybe cubensis is very different from a large dose of psilocybe azurescens. If you want to know what DMT is like, try psilocybe azurescens, it’s like a milder longer lasting version of DMT. SWIM even gets the typical DMT “melatonin” aftereffects from psilocybe azurescens, but not from psilocybe cubensis.

SWIM didn't realize how close 5-MeO-DMT was to LSD until he took it sublingually which slows down the trip making it far more similar to LSD. I imagine if you could smoke LSD it would be similar smoked 5-MeO-DMT, a quite different from DMT.

When taken sublingually, 5-MeO-DMT has mental psychedelic mind alteration effects very similar to those of LSD. Like LSD, it makes you see things from a whole different perspective. DMT doesn't have that effect. DMT is primarily visual with a side order of psychedelic effects. LSD lacks full visionary effects, which is also true of 5-MeO-DMT.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#18 Posted : 10/12/2008 8:32:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
…Many people who've done mushrooms and DMT will not believe me if i say that mushrooms can be just as intense as DMT, because they've only had weak mushroomtrips, but when you take strong ones (p.azurescens, for instance) in sufficient amounts you'l be in hyperspace for at least 8 hours.

Yeah. SWIM agrees 100% with that statement, especially when talking about psilocybe azurescens. It can be nearly identical to DMT if the dose is right. But for SWIM that’s not the case with most other mushrooms (like psilocybe cubensis).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 10/12/2008 11:01:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really wonder why you don't come out of hyperspace utterly insane, if it'S already the hardest, most earth shattering thing that can be experienced. You would expect it to blow your mind to smithereens.

polytrip
#20 Posted : 10/12/2008 12:55:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It's not for everybody. Just like some people like rollercoasters and others don't.
But i think it's quite healthy, having your mind 'shattered' every now and then. And to challenge your fears.
A decade ago i did some skydiving (once even with mushrooms) and i just noticed that all these skydivers where really enjoying live all the time and they looked very healthy, as if nothing could hurt them. It would have been hard even, not to notice this trait in them.
And that's probably because these people jump out of airplanes, wich confronts you with...well, at least your own mortality. Humbling experiences tend to have this effect on people.

12NEXT